Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

Carlenux
06.08.2013 , 03:13 AM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Airwolfe View Post
Same idea as a marauder going carnage, building a stack of fury and then swapping to rage or annihilation. Which I'd also have to call 'come on..cheeseball'. Or better yet..carnage, fury, wait a bit, berserk, fury again macro respec and there ya go..2-3 ticks of berserk alacrity+fury in a different spec for uber openers (at least in rage - weaponmaster from set bonus off the first smash mainly).

Point being..ya, probably need to clarify some rulings on the whole respec business. Most classes probably have some form of buff they can apply in one spec then swap to another out of combat.
you dont need to do such thing.... you can just start fight, build up all your fury/rage, end fight.... and start over... i believe half of the marauders actually do that lol, or used to before the Carnage stack... the rule clarifies that its something useful in raids... i dont see where respecing before a fight for a buff is something "outside the rules" specially when its a 1 time use buff... tbh i just see Mara / Op with a possibility of that, and honestly i dont find that idea for anni marauder a bad idea, its doable, and i dont find anything or anyone that could say it is not doable lol... full fury start its legit... full Rage is not, you cant build that before a raid fight... but you can respec twice... you dont need to macro anything, just need to know your spec, i do it like 10 seconds lol, dont even have to read the skills, on most of my classes.... if you need a macro or a dual spec to remember your spec lol well then i believe that would delay some time, but meh i find nothing wrong with that.

Now Macro during a fight its cheap, if its doable, its just weak, that idea of a super opener buff not sure if anyone would try it, but its really weak lol.... but i dont see whats wrong with an anni marauder stacking 30 rage before fight with carnage spec, just like most ppl do on TFB fight from dmg taken on the water, you gain advantage of what you can, then you use it if you want, and its your problem if you dont want to do it (like myself i dont do it in raids lol, im lazy, its my problem, somebody else uses it, good for them) just like using nano stims instead of reusable, or blue adrenals instead of reusable, or not using at all, everyone plays with what they can play, if u have money spend it, if u dont, well... play biochem or go without adrenals :S.

so in conclusion i believe rules are clarified, if its usable in raids, it works for dummy, only self buff, no external BT + armor reduction... i dont see an exploit or discussion anywhere ... its different a buff that doesnt remove (like acid blade) than for example Ssin doign 2 stack Voltaic slash and Respec madness (no real point to do that, just an example), because VS need 2 hits, you cant do that before a boss fight, so its really clear its not legit... same with starting full rage a dummy fight... trimming start time... getting a Chain lighting buff before fight, many stuff i could consider non legit... Acid blade and anni mara fury stack, are completely legit, IMO.
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

JDotter
06.08.2013 , 05:42 AM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindran View Post
Another parse to update my Madness dps:

Kindran - Sorcerer - Madness - 2818.22
http://www.torparse.com/a/273652/1/0/Damage+Dealt

AMR: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...2-f9adc72db465
Why does your log seem weird at the start? It starts with a lighting burn proc (Force lighting/LS) but those don't appear before it. You also get a affliction tick before applying affliction. Sorry to be rude if this is considered rude just wondering if this is what "trimming a log" means?

I still can't manage to break 2750 QQ

MisterMuse
06.08.2013 , 05:56 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Carlenux View Post
you dont need to do such thing.... you can just start fight, build up all your fury/rage, end fight.... and start over... i believe half of the marauders actually do that lol, or used to before the Carnage stack... the rule clarifies that its something useful in raids... i dont see where respecing before a fight for a buff is something "outside the rules" specially when its a 1 time use buff... tbh i just see Mara / Op with a possibility of that, and honestly i dont find that idea for anni marauder a bad idea, its doable, and i dont find anything or anyone that could say it is not doable lol... full fury start its legit... full Rage is not, you cant build that before a raid fight... but you can respec twice... you dont need to macro anything, just need to know your spec, i do it like 10 seconds lol, dont even have to read the skills, on most of my classes.... if you need a macro or a dual spec to remember your spec lol well then i believe that would delay some time, but meh i find nothing wrong with that.

Now Macro during a fight its cheap, if its doable, its just weak, that idea of a super opener buff not sure if anyone would try it, but its really weak lol.... but i dont see whats wrong with an anni marauder stacking 30 rage before fight with carnage spec, just like most ppl do on TFB fight from dmg taken on the water, you gain advantage of what you can, then you use it if you want, and its your problem if you dont want to do it (like myself i dont do it in raids lol, im lazy, its my problem, somebody else uses it, good for them) just like using nano stims instead of reusable, or blue adrenals instead of reusable, or not using at all, everyone plays with what they can play, if u have money spend it, if u dont, well... play biochem or go without adrenals :S.

so in conclusion i believe rules are clarified, if its usable in raids, it works for dummy, only self buff, no external BT + armor reduction... i dont see an exploit or discussion anywhere ... its different a buff that doesnt remove (like acid blade) than for example Ssin doign 2 stack Voltaic slash and Respec madness (no real point to do that, just an example), because VS need 2 hits, you cant do that before a boss fight, so its really clear its not legit... same with starting full rage a dummy fight... trimming start time... getting a Chain lighting buff before fight, many stuff i could consider non legit... Acid blade and anni mara fury stack, are completely legit, IMO.
As long as everyone can replicate the feat I've got no problem with it. However if the feature is changes so that this trick is no longer available in the future your parse will be removed from the list.

Gyronamics
06.08.2013 , 10:27 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
Why does your log seem weird at the start? It starts with a lighting burn proc (Force lighting/LS) but those don't appear before it. You also get a affliction tick before applying affliction. Sorry to be rude if this is considered rude just wondering if this is what "trimming a log" means?

I still can't manage to break 2750 QQ
A dmg proc relic may proc before the attack that does it, its a matter of milseconds but its fine.

You're not allowed to trim the front of your log.

But since using pre-built stacks and buffs is permitted the rule is being made a joke of.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

WillLongstick
06.08.2013 , 11:29 AM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post

But since using pre-built stacks and buffs is permitted the rule is being made a joke of.
And we've come to figure out why The Harbinger's leaderboards allow the front end to be trimmed.
Gorthog - Amelthea
<Intrepid>

JDotter
06.08.2013 , 12:31 PM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
A dmg proc relic may proc before the attack that does it, its a matter of milseconds but its fine.

Still doesn't explain the affliction tick/lack of apply effect

Airwolfe
06.08.2013 , 01:27 PM | #227
What I was saying was, for a theoretical max buffing out of combat without blowing any cooldowns prior to fight, you would pop berserk AND have a full stack of fury before ever starting..which can be done via carnage but you'd have to macro respec to make full use of the berserk, realistically (weaponmaster buff). So ya, basically I'm talking about the maximum cheesing..anyone can do that, if you can macro, which I personally don't know jack about because I basically consider it a form of hax. So the question is..for this thread, is macroing disallowed (in case anyone does attempt it)?
Airwolfe - Marauder <Chosen>

odawgg
06.08.2013 , 01:33 PM | #228
I think it's safe to say a macro respec, if performed, is disallowed. It's one thing for a macro to click a couple of hotkeys in succession for you, it's another to move your mouse around a screen to click talents.

Quote: Originally Posted by WillLongstick View Post
And we've come to figure out why The Harbinger's leaderboards allow the front end to be trimmed.
I still don't like it, boss fights include openers, and it's better for peers to see how each other open. Anythng you can do before an encounter to boost your dps is fine IMO

EDIT: but in any case, as long as the playing field is even, parses from same classes can be compared, I feel seperate classes are better compared including the opener

Ansalem
06.08.2013 , 01:40 PM | #229
I keep forgetting to go get some dummy time in and post. oh well maybe next week after Im get my From Beyond title.

Carlenux
06.08.2013 , 04:25 PM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
As long as everyone can replicate the feat I've got no problem with it. However if the feature is changes so that this trick is no longer available in the future your parse will be removed from the list.
dont worry it wont be fixed... because it doesnt have to be fixed, i dont believe anyone uses this in raid you rarely need that insane start burst on a boss that would make a difference, maybe kephess nim tfb or something i would use, the only difference pre / after 2.0 is that acid blade was 15 sec CD before, so it was viable to do, but short period of time, now acid blade is an infinite buff.... and since i dont believe there are more than 3 players in the world that might do this in 1 fight attempt weekly at most... i dont believe they would focus on this as an "exploit" lol... like ive said, ive never used it in raids so i dont believe anyone else have either :P.
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn