Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is 2.1 going to fix the Guardian/Juggernaut imbalance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is 2.1 going to fix the Guardian/Juggernaut imbalance?

RolHai
05.12.2013 , 09:45 PM | #21
Just hoping this will be actioned as it is currently the only unintended balance between mirror classes
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

Sharee
05.12.2013 , 11:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post

What's 1% of your TOTAL health? Maths anyone? Seriously, like, 300ish at endgame. (30k hp) Meaning, if you took hits of the type that this skill mitigates against for the duration of an entire fight where you had NO healer, you'd only suffer an additional 300 damage.
Yes, because we know the fights where tank has NO healer are the typical example
How about we use a more realistic scenario instead:

Let's say the tank(who DOES have a healer) takes 5000 damage hits every second. Being 1% less resistant actually means 50DPS higher damage intake. Over the course of a one minute fight that would come out as 3000 HP difference in damage taken, not 300. In a very close fight, that might be the difference between a dead boss and a dead tank because the healer couldn't cope with the increased DPS on the tank.

Also, the whole notion that 1% does not matter is ridiculous. Many of the abilities in many classes' talent trees only increase performance by just a few %. Shield spec? 2% pp. Saber mastery? 1% pp. Insight? 2% pp. Accuracy? 1% pp. etc. etc.

Rafaman
05.13.2013 , 12:36 AM | #23
I think the point is that small increments make a very big difference as damage and mitigation become very pronounced advantages or disadvantages at end game. That 1% could be the difference between winning and losing in both PvP and PvE respectively.

spectreclees
05.13.2013 , 12:42 AM | #24
I read the title of this thread and thought it was another SMASH IS OP **** thread. I was surprised to say the least.

Astaldoath
05.13.2013 , 02:12 AM | #25
Troll? OK. Let's take this moment to learn.

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

- Whoah bro, chill. Not a big deal, not a game breaker, gonna be ok. LOL.

Which of those seem like a troll post to you?

Which of those seems closer to my reply?

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!"
**** troll and go back to your cave

NogueiraA
05.13.2013 , 02:22 AM | #26
Mirror class are supposed to be MIRROR, period.

Magnusheart
05.13.2013 , 02:34 AM | #27
logged in, suprised to see it was true.

Tried telling other imps on the fleet, got nothing but "I don't care" and 1% is nothing, stack absorb. >_>

AlaricSevGirl
05.13.2013 , 02:46 AM | #28

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!"
There is no "raging" in the OPs post. Now you on the other hand..... What the hell is wrong with people on this community. He asked a valid question. If you don't have something to legitimately add to the post, don't respond. There should be no class inbalance in this game and if there is it's lazy work by BIoware. Being a fan of the game doesn't mean you have to overlook obvious game faults.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

Ardarell_Solo
05.13.2013 , 03:11 AM | #29
It's simple: Juggernauts are bad people, Guardians are good people. In a perfect world, good people should always be better off than bad people. So for once, not the game is bugged, but the real world is...

;-)
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> rDD gesucht: -> hier klicken
T3-M4

Rantank
05.13.2013 , 04:42 AM | #30

*OR*

This clown is everything that's wrong with this community. And I agree with the above poster that says Mirror is Mirror. That should be the end of it.
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.