Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is 2.1 going to fix the Guardian/Juggernaut imbalance?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is 2.1 going to fix the Guardian/Juggernaut imbalance?

RolHai's Avatar


RolHai
05.11.2013 , 04:29 AM | #1
For those who don't know the Guardian version of 'Inner Peace' gives 5% int/ele resist while the Juggernaut version (Dark Blood) only gives 4%. The CSR's in-game told people to put it in as a suggestion to the 'Suggestions Box' forum. Completely stupid advice given from people who have NFI about the game!

Bug Report

and

Tested and Confirmed

There are several more threads out there but these two are the best. A complete screw-up and ACTUAL imbalance between the factions/mirror class not being acknowledged meanwhile BW is happy to respond to silly appearance threads.
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
05.11.2013 , 04:39 AM | #2
lol...1% brings out the RAGE!!!

I mean sure, point it out, but don't freak out dude. Haha it's not like it's causing you to lose 1v1's Guardian vs Jugg or anything. And it's certainly not making one class harder to play.

Think of how far you'll fall from that high horse when you finally get bucked....

RolHai's Avatar


RolHai
05.11.2013 , 04:51 AM | #3
Poor troll is poor troll but thanks for the bump on this dude!
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
05.11.2013 , 06:42 AM | #4
Troll? OK. Let's take this moment to learn.

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

- Whoah bro, chill. Not a big deal, not a game breaker, gonna be ok. LOL.

Which of those seem like a troll post to you?

Which of those seems closer to my reply?

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!"

RolHai's Avatar


RolHai
05.11.2013 , 06:52 AM | #5
So you are complaining about an intended game design decision, that also affects Commandos/Mercenaries by the way, while I'm asking about an UNINTENDED issue with the talent trees that were updated with 2.0.
You would be complaining if Gunslingers only got 2% accuracy with the Sharpshooter talent while Snipers for 3% with their Marksmanship talent would you not

Oh and thanks for the bump again mate! It helps keep this post on page 1.
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
05.11.2013 , 06:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Troll? OK. Let's take this moment to learn.

- HAHA crybaby little wimp boy doesn't like that he's WEAKER than someone else!!! Get over it whiny brat. You're unimportant, and you probably have a small *****. YOU DESERVE YOUR AWFUL FATE nerd boy!

*OR*

- Whoah bro, chill. Not a big deal, not a game breaker, gonna be ok. LOL.

Which of those seem like a troll post to you?

Which of those seems closer to my reply?

Don't cry troll. It makes you look like a thin-skinned little ninny. Wanna talk about imbalance between mirror classes? How about the fact that gunslingers have TWO weapons, while a sniper has ONE? Gunslinger has a chance to miss/be resisted on the off hand quite a bit, plus getting large single hits is tougher (5k single hit medal) - since sniper has all damage dumped into one weapon and slinger is spread over two.

And know what? Nobody gives a flying hoot. Go play the game kid. Don't cry about what you feel was "robbed" from you. "GIVE ME BACK MY 1%!!!"
Considering that Gaurdian and Juggernaunt are the same class in everyway, except on different Fractions, that 1% difference is important, especially when you take into account what putting a skill point in a spec tree does? Why it raises a skill by 1%

As for Smuggler/Gunslinger, doesn't the Sniper have more damage to make up for the lack of dual weapons?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Sharee's Avatar


Sharee
05.11.2013 , 07:58 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
lol...1% brings out the RAGE!!!
You probably don't realize this, but that 1% difference actually makes the guardian ability 25% better (four increased by 25% is five)

Uber_the_Goober's Avatar


Uber_the_Goober
05.11.2013 , 11:32 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
You probably don't realize this, but that 1% difference actually makes the guardian ability 25% better (four increased by 25% is five)
Of course I realize this. But do you realize what that "extra 25%" actually gets you when yo PLAY THE GAME???

Do the math on the amount of actual damage you take when facing an attack against which this skill would mitigate some damage.

What's 1% of a 5,000 hit point attack? Maths anyone? Who's got their abacus? Hint, its 50...

What's 1% of your TOTAL health? Maths anyone? Seriously, like, 300ish at endgame. (30k hp) Meaning, if you took hits of the type that this skill mitigates against for the duration of an entire fight where you had NO healer, you'd only suffer an additional 300 damage.

As I said, negligible, and definitely worth reporting, but NOT worth raging over.

PariahMessiah's Avatar


PariahMessiah
05.11.2013 , 11:38 AM | #9
His rage is over the crappy way CS handled it.

Kurin's Avatar


Kurin
05.11.2013 , 11:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
lol...1% brings out the RAGE!!!

I mean sure, point it out, but don't freak out dude. Haha it's not like it's causing you to lose 1v1's Guardian vs Jugg or anything. And it's certainly not making one class harder to play.

Think of how far you'll fall from that high horse when you finally get bucked....
Dude...your reply isn't helping your case at all. You read like a complete @sshat, whether you are or not. What's wrong with just acknowledging there's a bug, and saying, "good catch". "Hadn't noticed that." "Thanks for sharing." "I hope the devs comment on it soon as well."

But you can't do that apparently. So you poo poo all over the OP. That certainly makes you the winner....all of the internet is now celebrating your superiority. I can almost hear the applause. errr....NOT.
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.