Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does noone care about the achievement system?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does noone care about the achievement system?

Callaron
05.11.2013 , 01:30 AM | #21
It's nice to have, but I don't really focus on it - I just do the same things I'd be doing without it.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

Idunhavaname
05.11.2013 , 01:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
The consensus is telling me 2 things:

1. Most people don't care about the achievement system at all

2. For the few that do (or did) care about it: the multitude of bugs and errors have prompted them to give up on it

Pretty much what I expected was the case.

Thanks for the replies. Nice civil thread for once too.
Place me in category 2. I myself am an "achievement whore". Dont know why but I just am. Bugs that literally prevents me from acquiring these achievements however leaves me little interest to repeat them again.

RIP orange pixel

Shingara
05.11.2013 , 01:38 AM | #23
I like them, its something to chase after on those rainy afternoons when you cant be bothered todo dailys.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Turshek
05.11.2013 , 01:41 AM | #24
I care, it's a shame it has been released in this state.

I can understand a few bugs but things like the warzones achievements or thoses with steps that are missing/broken since December 2011 kinda show the level of quality they are aiming at for new features.

On top of that, their inability to retroactively grants some achievements (they could have started to gather data before 2.0) and the bad design of some achievements (like 500 kills for yellow strong beasts that people almost never kill or the planet PvP achievements that requires 1000 player kills on a planet when it's hard to get 10 when doing your missions, meaning the only efficient way to get it is to be 55 and gank low levels, ...) I guess THEY don't realy care.

SamuraBob_Fl
05.11.2013 , 01:57 AM | #25
The achievement system is an utter disaster. As I browse through it, it's clear that it's not updating a large number of things I did.

If it was an actual progression system with rewards I'd be angry, but as it is I just shrugged and moved on. Besides, I got like 600 cartel coins from the things it actually did update.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Leoness
05.11.2013 , 02:07 AM | #26
EAware obviously doesn't care so why should we?

Acidstalker isn't even in the game, GSI speeder parts not in the game, Heroic missions bugged, Space missions bugged. What's the point?

The Cartel Market stuff you have to pay extra for isn't forgotten about, wonder why.....

Chance of achievement system being bug free before end of the year, slim to none.

Rantank
05.11.2013 , 02:31 AM | #27
I certainly don't care. Given the craptacular performance of the game and the lag spikes, I can't see myself playing it much longer. Why invest in time consuming brownie points when I'll probably be playing something else pretty soon.
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.

Ziso
05.11.2013 , 03:10 AM | #28
Usually if I came across an item such as a codex entry I just clicked it and moved on without a thought really.
however on my last new character I was determined to get everything on him so printed off guides. however on the 1st planet I learnt about 3 codex entries are no longer available but still listed under codex entries so gave up on this idea

SilentKitty
05.11.2013 , 03:15 AM | #29
I have a few achievements that I really look forward to unlocking. For example hitting max affection and killing all the stuff with each companion. I am in no stress to get it done right now this instant. Rather I have it unlocked for my favorite companions for my characters and am slowly gearing up a new companion to take them out a bit more.

So no, now hunting all the achievements but there are a few in there that I really would like to get.

Overmannus
05.11.2013 , 03:33 AM | #30
I tryed to get a few achievement titles but i eventually gave up due to bugs. So many achievements are not granted properly that i wonder why they released them as they are at all.

Huge dissapointment.