Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does noone care about the achievement system?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Does noone care about the achievement system?

DAMossimo
05.10.2013 , 10:10 PM | #11
The consensus is telling me 2 things:

1. Most people don't care about the achievement system at all

2. For the few that do (or did) care about it: the multitude of bugs and errors have prompted them to give up on it

Pretty much what I expected was the case.

Thanks for the replies. Nice civil thread for once too.

Kolvan
05.10.2013 , 10:37 PM | #12
I'm not one of the people cares about gaining everything in a game.

The Achievement add on would have been nice, if implemented correctly, but of course Bioware, wanted to throw something out that would hopefully take peoples minds off the fact 2.0 expansion was in fact nothing more than a large patch update.

I do not fore see it EVER getting fixed much like the Codex entry system, that has been broken since beta. They simply do not care about fixing items already in the game. They want to continue to baffle people with new content...(A worthy goal in my opinion - if the items they put out are half as good as advertised. So far this has not been the case.)

We will see how 2.1 comes out - prediction - many bugs, features not working correctly, but before anything is fixed, we will all be informed of some NEW feature coming out that will "Hopefully" take are minds off the failed 2.1 patch.
The Bloodbane Legacy
Kin - 55 Mara Ral'atar - 55 Sorc Ajaxx - 55 Powertech Drektar - 55 Assassin Zagan - 55 Operative Vandoor - 55 Jugg Al'lanon - 55 Sniper Abraxas - 55 Mercenary Mortoc - 55 Commando

ekimmak
05.10.2013 , 10:40 PM | #13
If they had put a little more creativity into it, I'd have been interested, but as it is, I'm going to get the achievements simply by playing the game, so I don't really look at it. I know that across all the alts I play, sooner or later I'll end up with a full achievement collection, so if it is actually glitched, I actually wouldn't notice.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

KettleBelll
05.10.2013 , 10:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AndasKastor View Post
Frankly I don't care. If I hit an achievement while I am playing I just think "Cool..."

I don't go out of my way to get them - I know I will never get them all. I have no objection if other people want to get them, though

I'm sharing this feel.

Projawa
05.10.2013 , 11:13 PM | #15
I personally don't care about the achievement system aside from the small amount of cartel coins it sometimes awards. Achievements seems to be a staple of MMOs these days so BW was more or less obligated to put them in. I'd rather they put their efforts into long standing requests like hood toggle, minigames, and organized pvp features (cross-server seasons, both small and huge scale matches, space pvp) but I'm sure their metrics are telling them a different story as to what the majority of the user base wants.

CrazyMcGee
05.10.2013 , 11:24 PM | #16
Well just to be different, I love achievements! Been focusing on getting them all.

Hence why I post so often about the Yozusk Platesmasher

Jenzali
05.10.2013 , 11:32 PM | #17
There are plenty of completionists I know who love achievements (and the codex), they just tend to be more single-player oriented and probably would never have a reason to post on this forum. I myself go after achievements in between queues or semi-afk while watching a movie. Eventually I want to get all of them, nearly at 10,000 points right now.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Lung_Tien_Lien
05.10.2013 , 11:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
For myself, I could not care less.
Pretty much. (And thank you for including the 'not' for once, I was beginning to lose hope )

I've never been a big achievement hunter, but in this case many of the achievements are either very lengthy or boring or both. Besides, I guess there's still enough in the game to amuse myself with.

JLazarillo
05.10.2013 , 11:46 PM | #19
If I could wear any achievement name in place of a title, I might be more interested in getting some of them, at least. As it is, the system is kind of pointless, and sort of a mess to browse through.

NogueiraA
05.11.2013 , 01:22 AM | #20
I don't care