Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Powertechs/Vanguards PvP-wise?

Siphorus
05.10.2013 , 04:50 PM | #1
Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.
Deft - The bastion

Lalainnia
05.10.2013 , 05:25 PM | #2
to early for this
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Aelaias
05.10.2013 , 06:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
to early for this
Lol, yeah. Let's wait a year.
Shadowlands
Letho - Vanguard
Óberyn-Guardian
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...7-5e5489ff3b47

Macroeconomics
05.10.2013 , 07:41 PM | #4
PT/VG Pyro/Assault meta averages are through the roof. The next change for those subclasses will be a further nerf. The real question is will BW be lazy and also nerf Merc/Commando Pyro/Assault.

Bloodcharged
05.10.2013 , 07:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post
Seriously PT/VG is a joke of a class in PVP and PVE. We might as all roll lethality snipers and smash mara's.
Ah how sad, the one time PT Pyros are weak they flood the forums...cry me a river!

klham
05.10.2013 , 08:14 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodcharged View Post
Ah how sad, the one time PT Pyros are weak they flood the forums...cry me a river!
^ Agreed. Easy-mode pyro-powertechs have been overpowered since this game started, melting faces and chuckling the whole way using the least challenging rotation in the whole game. Now they've finally been cut down to size and their player-base (those complaining, at any rate) are proving that they can dish it but they sure can't take it.

And frankly the spec is still melting faces, just not as fast, and not with the same 100% assurance of a win. Sorry, but take your lumps along with the rest of us, suck it up, and move along. I have a Vanguard alt and always played Tactics spec in PvP just for the challenge and because easy wins bore me. Learn to deal with adversity. PvP is meant to be challenging. Adapt and stop crying.

- a Gunnery Commando.

foxmob
05.10.2013 , 08:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodcharged View Post
the hell are you talking about? every class that's weak always floods the forum. piss off.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

thefishdude
05.10.2013 , 08:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post

Let me translate the above post:

"Dear BW,

You allowed me to play a class that could top the damage charts by only using TWO buttons, but now I can't do that any more. I'm really, really mad that other classes can now out DPS me. Please nerf those classes and buff me.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

Brunner_Venda
05.10.2013 , 08:37 PM | #9
Not to be a jerk, but please switch to AP (advanced prototype) DPS or quit queuing up for PVP. I've also seen some decent pyro hybrids that pick up oil slick for another decent defensive CD. Anything but pure pyro, that template is a liability.

Seriously, I see two or three of you on my team and I cringe, because I know we're about to lose badly.

Sure enough, the pyro techs are stuck in the med-center merry-go-round the whole match, and we lose.

Pat-Rat
05.10.2013 , 09:02 PM | #10
I understand the need for pts vanguards to be looked at by bw.

What I don't understand is the small minded players who enjoy seeing a class, any class, nerfed to the ground.

I myself will soon have 5 of the 8 classes at 55 and eventually I'll have all 8. I want everyone of those 8 classes to be competitive in pvp.

Really people, debating the need for a buff or a nerf is fine. What isn't fine is people who enjoy seeing a class destroyed because sometime in the past it may or may not have been OP.
<POT5> Pat-rat 55 VG (retired)* Patty-rat 55 PT (retired)* Pad-rat 55 sentinel, Patt-ratt 55 juggernaut, Patty-ratt 55 shadow, Padric 55 GS
* Forced into retirement after being convicted of war crimes by BW.