Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: May 14th, 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: May 14th, 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DAMossimo
05.10.2013 , 10:00 PM | #11
So this is just going live sans-testing? God help us...

CrazyMcGee
05.10.2013 , 11:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kubernetic View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

Having to flip open a new browser and type in "UTC to EDT" took entirely too long, something like 10 seconds, and the resulting page which clearly instructed me to subtract 4 hours from the UTC to obtain the EDT time was like reading a graduate thesis in quantum mechanics.

Please, in the future, list the times of upcoming maintenances using a full color, detailed chart outlining all 24 time zones around the world and what the appropriate start time should be.
And it's so hard for BW to post times for all the servers? Why do American and European time zones get included, but not any APAC time zones? We're not saying all of them (I'm sure if they just included AEST we could work it out), but why are we the region that gets ignored}? We pay the same money as anyone else.

If it's so easy to work out, then no one will mind if they only post AEST times now, will they?

Baldak
05.11.2013 , 04:20 AM | #13

Having to flip open a new browser and type in "UTC to EDT" took entirely too long, something like 10 seconds, and the resulting page which clearly instructed me to subtract 4 hours from the UTC to obtain the EDT time was like reading a graduate thesis in quantum mechanics.

Please, in the future, list the times of upcoming maintenances using a full color, detailed chart outlining all 24 time zones around the world and what the appropriate start time should be.
Love the sarcasm. Being from Massachusetts, I speak fluent sarcasm and truly appreciate a well crafted sarcastic reply.
I'll take the stupid one, who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us
when he had the chance.

Referal Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/c4m6dD

Aries_cz
05.11.2013 , 04:47 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
So this is just going live sans-testing? God help us...
It brings primarily Cartel Features, those really do not need testing on PTS. Internal testing by QA is sufficient for that.
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

DrakewolfX
05.11.2013 , 05:50 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
On Tuesday May 14th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable as we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.1.0 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday May 14th, 2013
Duration: 5 hours
Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) to 8AM PDT (3PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
Thank you for the update Amber, I am sure many of us simply can't wait to try out the new features.

Icelus_rh
05.11.2013 , 05:54 AM | #16
Will the long hair I saw in the teaser video for the dye also be available with 2.1? Some of my friends have been itching or long hair for a long time.
Penumbral, Jung Ma server
Penumbral Website | Join Us! | Penumbral RP Wiki
Icelus and Kable | Marauder and Mercenary

Battyone
05.11.2013 , 08:41 AM | #17

Don't forget to use IP geolocation to put a giant "You are here" arrow on the globe, cause knowing these kinds of things are hard.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Lewintelamon
05.11.2013 , 02:44 PM | #18
I remember the last time someone had a hissy over all time zones not being displayed, another poster went and posted start times for ALL the local time designations in the world.

It was a formidable wall of text.
Boo, this is boring. Tell them how boring this is....*squeak*

Vegabond
05.11.2013 , 02:48 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lewintelamon View Post
I remember the last time someone had a hissy over all time zones not being displayed, another poster went and posted start times for ALL the local time designations in the world.

It was a formidable wall of text.
And they still will continue to whine about time zones even if every single zone was posted. It never ends

Kupo
05.12.2013 , 01:53 AM | #20
I don't know why they switched from CST (my zone) to PST, but seriously, it's not all that hard to remember that I'm 2 hours ahead of PST and 5 hours behind UTC. Just learn your offset and apply as needed.

Back on topic, I'm actually more interested in bugs fixes than in the customization stuff. Here's hoping there are a lot of them.

Oh, and +1 to Kubernetic for that great reply.