Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no cross-faction-communication?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no cross-faction-communication?

AlexDougherty
05.13.2013 , 03:15 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Grimmjon View Post
How would you like your tea today?
Milk, two sugars, thanks!
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

AlexDougherty
05.13.2013 , 03:22 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Baigs View Post
I cannot disagree more. You will always have those who will abuse the system if they can. IF they do send in a harassment report. Get the GM's involved, but don't let the few who can only have fun by trying to make others miserable so that they can feel better about themselves rule and dictate chat features.
The abuse is why I said they would have to include a disable function if they did it, yes you can report abuse, but if you are seeing nothing but abuse you would want to just disable the cross faction chat. Thinking a bit more, I should have specified that it would have to be a Cross-Faction Chat channel rather than just General Chat.

I tend to agree that idiots who abuse shouldn't prevent genuine players from enjoying things, It's just that the idiots would get too much fun abusing it. Which is why I see the positives and the negatives balancing on this issue.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Ziso
05.13.2013 , 03:30 AM | #83
Guild tools in general are useless in this game and cant see them getting better any time soon despite the so called "guild love" we are getting this year. 5 months in and just a 5%xp for being in a guild added.

Guild caps are too low. A 500 cap where 1 player can have 22 characters is madness. There is a 8 page thread on suggestions forum with support to increase this cap but no word of it increasing. Despite guild management and removing inactive members we can only open recruitment a few weeks every 3-4 months due to being full.

The message of the day is clumsy and restrictive with too few number of characters allowed to type on it. Be much nicer to have it larger in the middle of the screen on log on as a pop up. Can even add it to enable/disable if someone didn't want it though.

Agree with the chat, should be allowed cross faction especially if you have guilds on both factions, they should be allowed a joint guild chat room.

Luckily for us we use teamspeak and also have a website for a proper calendar and events sign ups as nothing ingame helps larger guilds

Mirura
05.13.2013 , 04:05 AM | #84
Crippling content for everyone else because PVPers can't behave is not a good answer to the problem.
Enable cross-faction communication, especially /emotes, block it in warzones and on Ilum. If people really want to troll they don't let even faction restrictions hold them back. RP has been negatively impacted by the restrictions since launch and forces players to communicate and coordinate outside of the game, when the same job could be done ingame far more conveniently.

MariaD
05.13.2013 , 04:42 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by La_Trix View Post
As for your restricted tells, that's why we've mentioned Friends List requirments....oh so many times.
Keep mentioning it. I missed it till now - sorry. Good idea. That would address my concerns, in fact. So we are in agreement about ways to restrict /whisper functionality.

Your second question...while off topic...would be answered by the length of a game's lifetime, combined with how easy it was to find RP.
Game's lifetime is easy to measure, but I don't think it's a good metric for the quality of RP. Tetris is still going strong... So a MMORPG may go strong or wilt based on factors other than RP.

How do you measure how easy it was to find RP in each of those games?

My question was about ways to measure how rich and flourishing RP was. That was a follow-up to your statement, which I consider very relevant and on-topic, namely:
I'll grant you, that decent RP is possible without xfac. It certainly makes things unnecessarily difficult though. When you compare games with such an arbitrary and useless wall, to games that didn't have such limitations (SWG, Age of Conan, City of Heroes, Fallen Earth etc...etc...) I think you'll see that they had far richer and more flourishing RP communities, across the board.
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

La_Trix
05.13.2013 , 07:01 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrgames View Post
La_Trix when you have Some worthwhile feedback I'll reply.
Don't worry. I'll fix this for you.

La_Trix when I can think of an original rebute, I'll reply.
You're welcome

@everyone else
I get that people like saying that it'll lead to abuse. What no one is saying, is HOW it will lead to abuse. With the proposed restrictions...

-Tells only to people on your friends list
-WZ and PvP flag restrictions
-custome emotes, tells (to people on your FL) and custom chat channels only

How will this be abused, with these restrictions?
Someone explain this to me.
Beer and Pie since 2003.

MariaD
05.13.2013 , 07:23 AM | #87
-Tells only to people on your friends list
-WZ and PvP flag restrictions
-custome emotes, tells (to people on your FL) and custom chat channels only
Is this on the Suggestion forum yet? In this format, I mean? I wonder what the devs think of it.
Quicker
Easier
More seductive

gurneyslabb
05.13.2013 , 07:27 AM | #88
Trash talking is bad enough is say why open it to a whole nuva level .. sigh

Mirura
05.13.2013 , 08:17 AM | #89
Block cross faction tells and emotes in PVP zones. Problem solved. If they harass beyond that it's a quick trip to GM land and a swing of the suspension hammer, sorts it out.

Baigs
05.13.2013 , 08:33 AM | #90
Sorry missed WW2.

I get what you are saying. But Darth Eric Musco won't tell Master Amber Green the chair is against the way. He would tell BH Green Amber the chair is against the wall.

See what I'm saying?

La_Trix when you have Some worthwhile feedback I'll reply.
I see what your saying, but you forget there was a resistance inside Nazi Germany too.. there very well could be Evoci (sp?) on Hutta desperate to try and get help from the republic. The rebellious slaves on Drommund Kaas trying to contact the Republic. Also monitoring the enemies transmissions or planting false and misleading transmissions.

There is a ton of possibilites that would open up if Cross faction communications were opened up.