Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still no cross-faction-communication?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Still no cross-faction-communication?

DirtyDusty
05.09.2013 , 08:08 AM | #11
Cross faction tells would be a bad thing for team based open world pvp. As if we had that though...

TheBBP
05.09.2013 , 08:09 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Yep and /ignore works pretty well. I don't get the need for the restriction.
The problem with ignore is that it thins the pool for potential flashpoint/warzone mates. Just because someone gets stupid in general chat when he gets bored doesn't mean he isn't worth running content with.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

zzoorrzz
05.09.2013 , 08:15 AM | #13
/say is working pretty well for me. no reason for corss faction whispering or something like that IMO

Eillack
05.09.2013 , 08:23 AM | #14
OP,

/say is cross-faction.

Quote: Originally Posted by Anishor View Post
Yep and /ignore works pretty well. I don't get the need for the restriction.
Ignore in TOR is pathetic honestly. I mean c'mon only 128 slots is nothing. I have to deal with cycling ignores and re-ignoring hourly when I'm on. We really need at least 1000 for it to not be a joke.

Pscyon
05.09.2013 , 09:05 AM | #15
Exactly why do you need cross-faction tells?
Sith Sorcerer

ryniloym
05.09.2013 , 09:15 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Exactly why do you need cross-faction tells?
so they can harass people.

Andryah
05.09.2013 , 09:20 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Imagine General Chat.....

Please, never allow cross-faction public chat. Tells, sure. Public chat, please no. Except for /say which is already allowed of course.
/Agree.
Judgments are often inaccurate because the brain relies on cognitive biases over hard evidence. Cognitive bias is the tendency to make irrational judgments in consistent patterns. Researchers have found that cognitive bias wreaks havoc by forcing people to make poor, irrational judgments.

Joesixxpack
05.09.2013 , 09:52 AM | #18
No thanks. There're already enough dip ***** clogging up gen. chat and whispering nonsense from same factions.

RP with /say or talk to them via the force.

HenerkinEisley
05.09.2013 , 10:53 AM | #19
/say is not enough for RP.

In dept RP storylines need to be coordinated OOC as well as RP-PvP in some case. Thats why we don't see much of it here, areas and communications are too restrictive. Even custom emotes are blocked.

Cross-faction custom channels and tells would be a great asset to the game and make things a lot easier for those who want to run cross-faction stories and events.

Open all channels to all factions except PvP and General and give the user the option to activate or not cross-faction communications.

UltimateKrucible
05.09.2013 , 10:57 AM | #20
As far as I've tested it /say works in WZ but not in open world.

As a side note, DCU had 'versus' chat and that worked fine. Ok, there was some baiting, flaming and unpleasantness - but how is that any way different to single-faction general chat?

Let us talk to the imps!
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell