Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Like Moths to the Flame

Vesaniae
05.22.2013 , 03:52 PM | #41
Sorry about the delays in updating... I've been playing the game rather than writing about it. Anyway, I'm pleased to see that you have all been enjoying the latest developments, and I hope this story continues to be fun!

Iriath and Tessa - Corellia

Aboard X-70B Phantom-class starship
11 ATC

When Iriath returned to his ship, he found that nothing seemed to have changed during his absence. The door to his quarters was still shut, and Vector was still seated on the couch on the opposite side of the room.

"We take it your mission was successful," Vector said as Iriath walked past.

"Very," he replied. He glanced at the door, then back to Vector. "Has she—"

Vector shook his head.

Iriath sighed softly, then unlocked the door and slipped inside.

Tessa was sitting on his bed, her holocom in her hand and activated. He recognized the blue image as being that of the young woman he'd met earlier, Jaesa Willsaam.

"You're absolutely sure?" Jaesa was saying.

Tessa met Iriath's gaze for a moment, then returned her attention to the hologram. "I'm sure, Jaesa."

"I do understand, I guess," Jaesa said. "I just—will you be all right?"

Tessa nodded. "What about you?"

"I'll figure something out," Jaesa said determinedly. "Will I be hearing from you again?"

"Probably not," Tessa said softly.

Iriath frowned. What was going on?

"Then goodbye, and may the Force be with you," Jaesa told her.

"And with you," Tessa murmured, and closed the channel.

"What was that about?" Iriath inquired, walking over to the bed.

"Tsk!" Tessa snapped as he started to sit down. "You're covered in blood. Take the jacket off first. You'll ruin the sheets."

That sounded much more like the old Tessa, but she didn't smile like she normally would have when she said the words. Still, if it meant that she was feeling better, he'd take what he could get.

"It's my bed, I'll get blood on it if I want to," Iriath said wryly, removing his jacket anyway and tossing it to one side.

She shook her head. "I thought they beat untidiness out of cadets their first week at the Academy."

"Quite true. Cipher agents, however, can throw their clothes on the floor if they please."

Tessa gave a small smile. It looked like it took some effort, but she still did it. It was a welcome sight. "I always had a feeling our apartment only ever stayed neat because of me."

"It probably did," he conceded. He paused for a moment, then said cautiously, "You seem more like yourself."

"I feel a little better," she said quietly. "I've made a decision that helped a lot, I think."

Iriath raised an eyebrow. "Does this have to do with whatever it was you were discussing when I walked in?"

"Mm," she said. Her smiled widened slightly. "I'm staying."

"What do you mean?" he asked warily.

Tessa took a deep breath. "I'm not going back," she said firmly. "I'm not going back to my crew. I called Jaesa and explained things to her; they'll disperse, go into hiding so that Baras doesn't go after them. As for me, I would like to stay here, help you with whatever it is you're doing."

"But why?" Iriath asked, shaking his head. "Being Sith is who you are, Tessa. Surely you can't just walk away."

"He was right, you know," she said distantly. "I'm a terrible Sith."

"You shouldn't take what that bastard said seriously—"

"I just want to help people," she insisted. "And that's—that's not what Sith do. So I've decided that I'm not going to be a Sith anymore."

"Tessa," Iriath said, then paused, struggling for words. He should probably tell her to reconsider, tell her to go back, but at the same time, the prospect of having her with him was a very appealing one. He had missed her a great deal over the past few years, and having a trustworthy, trained Force-sensitive would be useful. "Stars, Tessa, are you absolutely sure about this?"

"I am."

"Then..." He hesitated again, then leaned over and hugged her tightly. "If this is truly what you want, then there's no one I'd rather have on my crew."

And so we deviate from the game...
Force Lightning: The solution to every problem. Every. Problem.
Afterimages * Walking Penumbral * Like Moths to the Flame
Forever Shenanigans!

samrayx
05.22.2013 , 07:27 PM | #42
Indeed we do. An interesting development! I like it!

MilaniGrey
05.22.2013 , 09:03 PM | #43
Spoiler
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

Vesaniae
05.23.2013 , 09:44 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by samrayx View Post
Indeed we do. An interesting development! I like it!
Liking is good!
Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Spoiler
We shall see.

Quinn - Corellia

They dragged him, bleeding, out of the gutter.

Draahg's voice. "You are still useful."

Iriath didn't stay to make sure he was dead...bad Iriath.
<.<
>.>
*hides*
Forever Shenanigans!

bright_ephemera
05.23.2013 , 10:04 AM | #45
Ah, well, if you're going to be upfront about it I'll stop sitting on my hands.

Loving the idea of just scuttling the Warrior line. I can't help but wonder who the Servants are going to try to pick up at the unemployment office next. I can't help but think the first few candidates would all be a terrible idea.

And Iriath has made himself terribly, terribly likeable. Which is odd, since most of what he's done so far is bloody revenge. His conversation with Tessa is adorable.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

MilaniGrey
05.23.2013 , 10:05 AM | #46
Noooooo Draahg!

Spoiler
The Islingr LegacyShatter the Darkness
Astaron, Narithia, Xalkory, Áilleacht
The Ebon Hawk Server
Forever Shenanigans!

irishfino
05.23.2013 , 10:07 AM | #47
Looks like he was...

Draagh'd away.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

bright_ephemera
05.23.2013 , 10:08 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Looks like he was...

Draagh'd away.
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyou'r e a bad person, what's wrong with you?
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

irishfino
05.23.2013 , 10:09 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you're a bad person, what's wrong with you?
So many things.
You hush.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Vesaniae
05.27.2013 , 10:07 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Ah, well, if you're going to be upfront about it I'll stop sitting on my hands.

Loving the idea of just scuttling the Warrior line. I can't help but wonder who the Servants are going to try to pick up at the unemployment office next. I can't help but think the first few candidates would all be a terrible idea.

And Iriath has made himself terribly, terribly likeable. Which is odd, since most of what he's done so far is bloody revenge. His conversation with Tessa is adorable.
Heh, you have a point about Iriath. Now that he's crossed off "avenge wife" and "avenge daughter" from his schedule, there's still the little matter of "spoiler" and then he should be nice and revenge-free.

As for who the Servants find to pick up the slack...that shall be sort of addressed momentarily.

Quote: Originally Posted by MilaniGrey View Post
Noooooo Draahg!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
Looks like he was...

Draagh'd away.
...you are a terrible person and that was hilarious. And true.

Servants - Corellia
Corellia
11 ATC

Two dark-robed figures stood on the rooftop of a Coronet City skyscraper, silhouetted against a sunset that sent scarlet streaks across the sky, as though mirroring the violence on the planet.

"The Wrath fades," Servant Two whispered.

Servant One shrugged. "As expected. This was a contingency measure, nothing more."

"The false Voice still speaks," Servant Two quavered. "The Hand cannot slash the throat without a blade."

"You worry too much," Servant One said dismissively. "Five and Eleven are on their way to Hoth as we speak. All according to plan."

Servant Two stepped closer to the edge of the roof, spreading his arms as if to fly. "Do the embers smolder still?" he mused. "Can the fire burn hot after so long?"

"Are you questioning the Emperor?"

"The darkness is beyond right and wrong."

Servant One shook his head. "This will work. Our master has foreseen it."

"He sees all things," Servant Two agreed. "Star-rivers awash in blood. Will we live to see the flaying?"

"We will be there in spirit, if not in body," Servant One said firmly. "That is our place."

"And now the first stone falls from the crumbling mountain," Servant Two murmured, stepping back from the edge.

"We'll have our Wrath, and this will be finished," Servant One agreed.

"An old blade," Servant Two said. "Perhaps...will need to be re-sharpened."

Servant One snorted. "Don't tell him that."
Forever Shenanigans!