Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: War of the Dream Teams

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: War of the Dream Teams

bionamaster
05.15.2013 , 11:50 AM | #941
Seeing as Rayla is a member of the Council, does this mean this whole thing is postponed until Wednesday?
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Aurbere
05.15.2013 , 11:55 AM | #942
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
This is excellent, excellent work. But I have a few queries/suggestions:

The 'Command' thread, preferably the OP, should include a list of all the planets, factions and with it a list of garrisons and temporary forces. Garrisons will remain fixed but temporary forces will change depending on movement - I'd therefore also suggest that each player is allowed three moves. Two army movements (ideally one for attack and one for simply a reorganisation of forces to shore up defences etc.) and one covert operation.
I think that's a good idea. One move for attack, one move for reorganization, and one move for covert operations.

Though we should note that covert operations may not always be successful, and could result in the loss of your operatives.

Quote:
By trade lanes I'd assume we don't just mean the super-hyper routes but all hyperlanes shown on this map. And a query, are super-hyper routes faster than normal routes?
By trade lanes, I mean the lines that connect each planet.

So let's say I attack Tanaab from Anaxes (even though Tanaab is no longer controlled). They are four grid sqaures apart, but because they are on the same line, I am able to travel that whole distance to attack.

Planets that do not sit on a trade lane (such as Subterrel or Rattatak) require the standard two square per turn movement.

Quote:
Can allies be called in before the battle commences and/or after?

Other than that, all good.
Allies can be called in to aid an attack or defense at any time. The attacking player can call on their allies to aid them in the space battle, the land battle, or both, so long as the allies are within four grid squares.

Let's say I declare an attack on Rendili from Cato Neimoidia. I can call on Tunewalker to aid my attack. If the controller of Rendili (I believe the OP) has allies within four squares, they are allowed to help defend.

Basically, if you declare an attack, or an attack is declared on you, you may call on your allies to assist.

While the advantages of having an ally at your side is beneficial, it also leaves the possibility of your ally's now unguarded world being attacked, which would force you to move forces to defend them.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
05.15.2013 , 11:56 AM | #943
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post
Seeing as Rayla is a member of the Council, does this mean this whole thing is postponed until Wednesday?
That would be up to the rest of the Council.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
05.15.2013 , 11:57 AM | #944
Quote: Originally Posted by bionamaster View Post

Let's try not to hit her territory until then. Also, if you could get on updating the unit numbers I posted in the Unit Thread, that'd be great. I want to get ready for war
Well, thanks to Section 03 Sub-Section 02, Tune and I would be allowed to fight for Rayla if she is attacked.

I'm going to compute your bonuses, and then I'll get your list fully updated.

Beniboybling
05.15.2013 , 12:18 PM | #945
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well, thanks to Section 03 Sub-Section 02...
Lol, so professional.

Oh and thanks for answering my queries, all good. But one more, can your assassin be killed in a covert operation? (I'd assume so) and if so, if that the be all and end all. I think it should be to avoid an endless war.

Aurbere
05.15.2013 , 12:27 PM | #946
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, so professional.

Oh and thanks for answering my queries, all good. But one more, can your assassin be killed in a covert operation? (I'd assume so) and if so, if that the be all and end all. I think it should be to avoid an endless war.
The assassin can be killed, and is not a replenishable leader.

I would actually prefer that. It adds consequences to your actions.

tunewalker
05.15.2013 , 12:27 PM | #947
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Well, thanks to Section 03 Sub-Section 02, Tune and I would be allowed to fight for Rayla if she is attacked.

I'm going to compute your bonuses, and then I'll get your list fully updated.
Council members I still wish to send everyone I can to the rules clarification thread their are 2 proposed resupplies we need votes up and thoughts (possible AMENDMANTS to be added if mine is liked)

bionamaster
05.15.2013 , 01:01 PM | #948
Well, turns out I'll have to leave town on Tuesday, I'll be able to access the Forums while I'm away, but for Tuesday I'll be flying. If I could be "frozen" (unable to be hit, or to move, or respond to anything in general. Basically paused) on that day until I check back in, I'd appreciate it.
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

tunewalker
05.16.2013 , 02:22 AM | #949
I actually want to appoligize to Beni and everyone that I raged on in the units thread I lost my temper and that should not have been something I did.

The reason for losing the temper is almost felt both picked on and that beni had taken over the units bonus's rules as there has never been a rule he has put forth in there that has been gone against nor has any rule he didn't agree with ever been passed I was beginning to believe that the council had been corrupted.

Then being called a cheater..... something I am very against I truly want this idea to succeed and truly do want everything to be fair nothing I have done was me trying to cheat ever.

Compounded by the fact that everytime I say something I have to repeat it multiple times because it is misunderstood and more often then not people are agreeing with the misunderstanding rather then the actual point I was trying to get across it was just frustration after frustration and I personally fear for when the fight actually starts...... part of me thinks I will be wiped out in the first few rounds do to anything I attempt to do failing while everything my enemies try to do to me succeeding simply because everything I say will be misunderstood or taken a way other then intended or will be ignored entirely or will just be voted against because I have already pissed off half the council members

While this does not excuse my actions and treating you all the way I did was completely unexcusable and unprofessional I hope it does at least make you guys understand a little of my position I feel I am in..... again I am truly sorry for my behavior and I will try to be more professional in the future..... but I garentee you I will not stop fighting for what I feel is right or fair, it is just not in my nature to allow what I feel to be injustice to prevail or tyranny to reign.... like the rebels of which are my favorite in the star wars universe I will always stand up for what I believe in but for now on I will try to be more professional about it..... once again I am sorry.

sincerely tunewalker

Aurbere
05.16.2013 , 10:43 AM | #950
Don't worry about it tune. Things get heated, and I can assure you that your arguments will not be misunderstood when the Council deliberates.