Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 thermal regulators from wealthy mission. Is this a joke?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
2 thermal regulators from wealthy mission. Is this a joke?

MorgothPl
05.04.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1
Is that a joke Bioware? Wealthy missions in Treasure Hunting give 6 Purple mats, in UT they give 4-6 Purple mats.... and I run about 6 wealthy missions of slicing (on maxed +slicing crit companion with maxed crit crafting legacy perk) and each of them gave me 2 thermals. What's the point of having wealthy mission dropping less Purple mats than crit on rich?

Zorash
05.04.2013 , 01:35 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Is that a joke Bioware? Wealthy missions in Treasure Hunting give 6 Purple mats, in UT they give 4-6 Purple mats.... and I run about 6 wealthy missions of slicing (on maxed +slicing crit companion with maxed crit crafting legacy perk) and each of them gave me 2 thermals. What's the point of having wealthy mission dropping less Purple mats than crit on rich?
It's a bit retarded. You get 2 without a crit, and 6 if you do crit.

uzebclub
05.04.2013 , 01:48 PM | #3
Still better then one which we were getting before the last patch, I average 4 but yea im getting 2's more often now and 6 are scarce, well for me

docfriaday
05.04.2013 , 04:37 PM | #4
U got real lucky ran alot of rich missions on 2 toons 50+ for thermal regs seen about 6 total must be broke or programer do not like getting paid i have just about had enough crafting should be some what rewarding....
other crafting class rich reward gets blue and purples....,
please put in bug report....

canuckly
05.04.2013 , 10:09 PM | #5
after getting 24 last week with several crits on unsliceable my main source of these this week has been watching the dogs getting 2 about everyday and ya i also hit the 2 on a wealthy mission

jedisethjedi
05.05.2013 , 01:00 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Are you saying the crit crafting an augment legacy/character perk will increase your chance of gaining more items? Otherwise I don't think that would help other than what it says it does.

-Damask-
05.05.2013 , 12:53 PM | #7
It has to be a bug, by definition Wealthy is better than Rich, and Rich gives 4 so we can just hope they fix this along with all the other ridiculous bugs (Viral Residue, Hollinium, Perfect Carbonic, hardly any 450 arch nodes on Makeb). Some of these bugs have been in since pts, yet the devs are talking about "looking into" the f'ed up mission rewards like this is a new thing. I don't see why it should take this long to fix, simply go in to the game code and remove all these useless items from the list of possible rewards... Problem solved! Go into the slicing mission rewards and change the number of Thermal Regulators for a wealthy. Problem solved!

Zorash
05.05.2013 , 02:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by -Damask- View Post
It has to be a bug, by definition Wealthy is better than Rich, and Rich gives 4 so we can just hope they fix this along with all the other ridiculous bugs (Viral Residue, Hollinium, Perfect Carbonic, hardly any 450 arch nodes on Makeb). Some of these bugs have been in since pts, yet the devs are talking about "looking into" the f'ed up mission rewards like this is a new thing. I don't see why it should take this long to fix, simply go in to the game code and remove all these useless items from the list of possible rewards... Problem solved! Go into the slicing mission rewards and change the number of Thermal Regulators for a wealthy. Problem solved!
Uh, no. Wealthy gives a gauranteed 2, crit you get 6. Rich you get zero or 4 on a crit.

Sobur
05.05.2013 , 05:59 PM | #9
Awesome i just got 2 also i swear Andronikos crits once out of every 1000 missions, it laughable. I would only have to run 3 more discoveries to make 2 augments , that's funny sense the missions cost 150k or more on the GTN. I'm just going to buy the stuff i need off the GTN. After spending hundreds of thousands of credits maxing affecttion with companions and countless garbage returns crew missions are a joke.

skyduster
05.05.2013 , 07:56 PM | #10
Here are some numbers you might be interested in. First, not all of my toons have 10k affection nor do they have the full crit from Legacy but, I still use them on slicing missions. Prior to 2.0 I was slicing for Advanced Neutral Augmentors. My Advanced Augment yield was 389/790 missions. Not a bad way to make a few credits till the bottom fell out 2.0 on these. So, 2.0 and new slicing missions for Thermal Regulators. These numbers are for the last 8 days only so I can't say what I would have yeilded when you would get just 1 Thermal drop. My Thermal yield was 216/797 missions. A far cry lower than Advance Augmentors. Intended or not IDK?
Chipx SWG Beta Vet, Flurry
Give me ambiguity ...... or give me something else.