Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does buying cartel XP bonus help me if I'm a sub?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help

gdensmore
05.01.2013 , 08:20 PM | #1
I have all the leg unlocks. For bonus XP.

dianogas
05.02.2013 , 03:18 AM | #2
I think so.

I have gotten 3 of these XP boosts lately. Two are for one hour and one is for 3 hours.

I have only used one of the 1 hour xp boosts so far and I guess it worked. At the time I was on Alderaan but I did not do any calculation to confirm it increased by a given percentage or not.

SebastiaanZ
05.02.2013 , 03:29 AM | #3
Yes it does. It gives you an additional 25% exp on top of the full exp gain you get as a Sub and all the legacy unlocks.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/bcPBLq

Stebbinn
05.02.2013 , 07:13 AM | #4
It works, the xp perks and boosts do give extra xp even if you're a subscriber.
Peace is a Lie, there's only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power. Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Nethral - lvl 55 Sith SorcererKarvarr - lvl 47 Sith Marauder

AceShaDyLiTe
05.02.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5
I will typically "build up" at least 3 missions where I finish them BUT don't accept the reward - so that they go up to the right hand corner under "PENDING" and will then pop the XP Boost and get the most bang for my buck as it were with an hour left to get more XP

Additionally if you were to go this route my best advice is to use the pending thing to stack up 3 missions (won't let you stack more than that typically without griping at you) and have another 3 - 4 missions basically done that just need to be turned in.. that way (since the minor XP boost only last an hour) you get as much XP as you can

<edit> I seem to recall something about XP boost not stacking in some cases if you already have something unlocked in legacy such as "extra Class XP" for class missions or "extra XP for flashpoints" or whatever the others were... but I think your normal run of the meal missions that don't fit under any of those categories work with it..