Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AbsolutGrndZero
12.06.2013 , 08:53 PM | #1441
Quote: Originally Posted by Kacynski View Post
^This.
I saw this happening several times already and it's kind of annoying. The tossing does not really save time anyway, and when a toss results in a train of mobs, way more time is lost than could ever be gained by an instakill of a single mob.
It's the same when people toss the one droid in hammerstation that waits after the bridge. It will not die from falling, but will be somewhere beneath the floor and keep attacking the group. It will be out of range / not targetable, though and become a major annoyance.
Tossing of mobs is fine, but people please don't do it in Czerka Labs and that one droid in Hammerstation, it's more pain than gain.
There are other places where that glitch of it keeps attacking can happen, or it's nearly dead, it glitches and it decides to "EVADE" reset and jump back up. Honestly I hate it when groups do that, I've even seen it done in a place where you can still see the glow from the drops and seen a purple beam shooting up MANY times. Oh look you just threw away a purple item because you were in too much of a hurry to take another 15 seconds to kill something properly.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Thrivaios
12.06.2013 , 09:25 PM | #1442
I never thought I'd post in here because I've usually been lucky enough to avoid horrible groups but my last one was absolutely abysmal.

Pulled up group finder and popped Red Reaper on pub side. I'm a level 43 mando healer with fully modded level 43 blues, just upgraded. My group is a sentinel/shadow dps team and a shadow tank. We all know the first pull for this FP is pretty rough. Both shadows go flying in one direction and begin attacking, but somehow the tank gets pulled in another direction and aggros another mob. Eventually leads to our first wipe because all of the groups get aggroed and I can't keep them off me so I go down real quick. We finally clear and get through the room and up through the elevator to the next trouble mob. Wipe again because my CC is broken and the shadow duo's CCs are broken by an AOE. I get called out for not healing well enough which, I agree, I could have done better, but the tank was tanking massive spikey damage while the shadow DPS was too and I prioritized the tank in between my kolto bombs and hammer shots.

We get to the first boss and we wipe again because the shadow dps keeps pulling aggro from the tank and dying. He gets angry with me for not being able to heal him faster than the boss is damaging him, but spamming advanced med probe->med probe and using hammer shot to try and maintain decent cell levels only gets me so far. Not even trauma probe can keep him alive. Meanwhile the boss keeps attacking me even though I've been shielded...cause the tank doesn't use any kind of taunt. At all.

After we clear we get to the room just past it and the tank gets knocked around like a pinball taking spikey damage out the wazoo and the two DPS spread out and all of the mobs get aggroed which leads to another horrific wipe. At this point I'm ready to leave because I can't keep them together long enough to use kolto bomb and I have to keep spamming medical probes which knocks down my cells real quick. I get called out again by the shadow dps and he initiates a vote kick against me because "my heals are bad".

I left the group because I was tired of being blamed for a faulty group dynamic when it was obvious it was all of us. While I admit that there were times when my heals weren't as strong as I wished and I fought to keep them alive there was only so much I could do when one DPS and the tank are both absolutely terrible. I hope to never have an experience like that again!

CrazyGreggy
12.07.2013 , 05:34 AM | #1443
Level 40 - 45 are rougher post - 2.0 with the inflation of the skill trees pushing your keynote ability out of reach for 5 more levels. Bacta Infusion makes a ton of difference but really, a double melee group in Red Reaper is going to be a nightmare to heal unless the tank and the derps know what they're doing.

I have to admire your restraint in not excoriating whoever was breaking cc or even pointing fingers, not something I'm capable of

A freshly upgraded healer should be able to keep a competent group up, but some groups there's just no saving from themselves.

Thrivaios
12.07.2013 , 07:24 AM | #1444
Thanks, I agree completely. I'm so close to getting Bacta Infusion (only need two more levels). I've done a few FPs with my mando since the launch of the patch but never anything that rough! Not even Dread Fortress with my merc healer was that bad, LOL.

Prototypemind
12.07.2013 , 09:45 PM | #1445
Quote: Originally Posted by Thrivaios View Post
I never thought I'd post in here because I've usually been lucky enough to avoid horrible groups but my last one was absolutely abysmal.

Pulled up group finder and popped Red Reaper on pub side. I'm a level 43 mando healer with fully modded level 43 blues, just upgraded. My group is a sentinel/shadow dps team and a shadow tank. We all know the first pull for this FP is pretty rough. Both shadows go flying in one direction and begin attacking, but somehow the tank gets pulled in another direction and aggros another mob. Eventually leads to our first wipe because all of the groups get aggroed and I can't keep them off me so I go down real quick. We finally clear and get through the room and up through the elevator to the next trouble mob. Wipe again because my CC is broken and the shadow duo's CCs are broken by an AOE. I get called out for not healing well enough which, I agree, I could have done better, but the tank was tanking massive spikey damage while the shadow DPS was too and I prioritized the tank in between my kolto bombs and hammer shots.

We get to the first boss and we wipe again because the shadow dps keeps pulling aggro from the tank and dying. He gets angry with me for not being able to heal him faster than the boss is damaging him, but spamming advanced med probe->med probe and using hammer shot to try and maintain decent cell levels only gets me so far. Not even trauma probe can keep him alive. Meanwhile the boss keeps attacking me even though I've been shielded...cause the tank doesn't use any kind of taunt. At all.

After we clear we get to the room just past it and the tank gets knocked around like a pinball taking spikey damage out the wazoo and the two DPS spread out and all of the mobs get aggroed which leads to another horrific wipe. At this point I'm ready to leave because I can't keep them together long enough to use kolto bomb and I have to keep spamming medical probes which knocks down my cells real quick. I get called out again by the shadow dps and he initiates a vote kick against me because "my heals are bad".

I left the group because I was tired of being blamed for a faulty group dynamic when it was obvious it was all of us. While I admit that there were times when my heals weren't as strong as I wished and I fought to keep them alive there was only so much I could do when one DPS and the tank are both absolutely terrible. I hope to never have an experience like that again!
Meh, that'll happen. I've been vote kicked by an idiot healer and a dps group she got to tag along because I wouldn't stand in place so she could heal me while I was KITING a boss. I understand she can't move while she heals, but when a healer knows the exact path a tank is tanking--being that I told her how I was going to be kiting---she can adjust and position herself as needed. Knowing that it was HM and the FP that it was I doubt they finished it, so I took solace in that.

Sounds like you just had back luck in your draw, but such is the nature of GF.

midianlord
12.08.2013 , 05:14 PM | #1446
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyGreggy View Post
Level 40 - 45 are rougher post - 2.0 with the inflation of the skill trees pushing your keynote ability out of reach for 5 more levels. Bacta Infusion makes a ton of difference but really, a double melee group in Red Reaper is going to be a nightmare to heal unless the tank and the derps know what they're doing.

I have to admire your restraint in not excoriating whoever was breaking cc or even pointing fingers, not something I'm capable of

A freshly upgraded healer should be able to keep a competent group up, but some groups there's just no saving from themselves.

You can't heal through stupid.

This is especially true of Merc/Mando given their hard-casting and lack of big AoE/HoT abilities.
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

FreddyFlin
12.08.2013 , 05:45 PM | #1447
So i was doing a HM 55 Hammer Station earlier on my Merc, with a sniper DPS, assassin tank and a sorc healer. When we come to the first boss me and the sniper jump on the box so we don't have to put up with those explosive droids. During the course of the pull both myself and the sniper take threat and we end up wiping. After the pull it gets worse though, both the healer and tank blame the wipe on the DPS, saying it's because we were standing on the box, I try to tell them that I've done it like this more times than I can count but I might as well be talking to 2 rocks for all the notice they take. At this point the sniper leaves, but I'm thinking ill give it another crack as it's a simple boss. So this time, much of the same happens, i take threat within about 10-15 seconds (and yes i had threat dropped) and it goes south from there. Before the rest of the group wiped, I checked out what the tank was doing wrong. There were a few things but the main one was the fact he was channeling FL with usually only 1 stack of harnessed darkness and sometimes none and I'm pretty sure he opened a pull with lacerate as well. I have no idea how he got to 55 without actually reading that skill in the tree. So after the second pull I get booted from the group because apparently standing on the box caused me to take stacks of targeted laser, I was told it had absolutely nothing to do with the tank holding threat.

Icarus-Iso
12.08.2013 , 06:54 PM | #1448
*sigh* Another lowbie Athiss run on my little Powertech Tank.

Had a sniper in the group that appeared to have been from a PVP server (I'm on a RP-PVE one) from his achievements, but how he got any was beyond me. This sniper was in one of the new space PVP orange armour with three pieces just empty, and the rest partially geared with a mix of cunning and aim mods. O_O

Sent him a whisper, get a "Yeah I know mods are hard to find". Alright.... move to send him a whisper asking if he had any green/blue gear to equip in the meantime... oh, I'm now on ignore. ><

For the rest of the FP have to play the game common to five year olds of "can you tell [NAME] that...". Thankfully the other DPS, despite connection issues, was on the ball, and the healer was over levelled for the FP. If I hadn't had to wait for a DPS in the first place he'd had gotten a nice big kick.

Least I don't have to add another poor DPS to my ignore list since he did it for me.

Foxtrotmikelima
12.08.2013 , 06:58 PM | #1449
Quote: Originally Posted by Prototypemind View Post
Just had a group doing EoT. All DPS, but we all have usable CCs, so it should be smooth. Nah, not at all. I mark my CCs, call them out, and of course someone else keeps attacking them. About five mobs in one of the guys chimes in saying he's used to the marked target being attacked, not CC'd. All well and good, had I not explained that I was CCing the targets that I market.

Anyway, I was a 52 or 53, they were all 55s, so minus targets that I was on first I never pulled aggro initially so I never died. There were near chances, and everyone else died at least twice, but hey, we got through and I didn't have a repair bill so things could have been worse. I guess some DPS just get used to playing faceroll and not utilizing any kind of strategy. Everyone on a different target, not focusing on weaker targets first. It's crazy out there in them streets =p
I see this a lot even at lower levels amongst people that have been playing this game a lot longer then I have...Ive only got a few months of gameplay in but I find myself taking charge of groups on a constant basis because theres always that one idiot that rushes in and decides to solo the boss or aggros one too many mobs. Whats worse is that one guy/girl will not take a hint and slow up a bit..No matter how many times you tell them to hit the weaker ones first, or to hit one all together. Youre better off just talking to a brick wall.
The First Jedi Principle of Combat: Survive - Obi-Wan Kenobi

rantboi
12.09.2013 , 12:11 AM | #1450
Quote: Originally Posted by Icarus-Iso View Post
*sigh* Another lowbie Athiss run on my little Powertech Tank.

Had a sniper in the group that appeared to have been from a PVP server (I'm on a RP-PVE one) from his achievements, but how he got any was beyond me. This sniper was in one of the new space PVP orange armour with three pieces just empty, and the rest partially geared with a mix of cunning and aim mods. O_O

Sent him a whisper, get a "Yeah I know mods are hard to find". Alright.... move to send him a whisper asking if he had any green/blue gear to equip in the meantime... oh, I'm now on ignore. ><

For the rest of the FP have to play the game common to five year olds of "can you tell [NAME] that...". Thankfully the other DPS, despite connection issues, was on the ball, and the healer was over levelled for the FP. If I hadn't had to wait for a DPS in the first place he'd had gotten a nice big kick.

Least I don't have to add another poor DPS to my ignore list since he did it for me.
should have kicked him and used companion. they're better than half naked idiots and if you have a lot of other characters you can use heroic moment to mow down the bosses