Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
2.0.1 Promised Crew Skill fixes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SuperGrunt
05.02.2013 , 04:33 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HumanPirhana View Post
"You can expect to see these on Tuesday, though if anything changes, I'll let you know. "

Apparently your 25ish years reading experience didn't help you spot the answer to your question directly above the passage you didn't need pointed out to you, or the fact in that passage, or whatever. The point is, the info was still right there. How embarrassing.

Personally, I'm right there with ya when it comes to having little patience on these fixes, considering what a huge mess BW made with the crafting for this expac (Srsly, how in the name of Joe Pesci did all this stuff get to live without being noticed? Multiple blue mats with no current purpose? C'mon....I know people that can do better than that drunk AND stoned.) IMO the fix really should be a higher priority than what seems to be communicated here. These mistakes were inexecusably bush league in the first place and the fact they somehow made it to live is mind boggling. But if that's what they're saying, then that's what they're saying. Btw don't blame Amber, she's just the messenger.
Considering the fact that the actual fixes in question where not addressed in the patch last week kinda means that you didn't read the post properly.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

seekerofpower
05.02.2013 , 10:28 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
This is probably the wrong thread, but what about the returns on slicing lockbox missions dropping a hugely inadequate amount of credits?
Slicing was actually profitable in Beta and in the first few weeks of release, but people whined and complained that slicers made too much money, so the nerfed it into uselessness. Now, slicing is used for getting schematics, not for getting credits. It is very rarely a worthwhile crew skill to take.
"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Cupelixx
05.02.2013 , 01:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by seekerofpower View Post
Slicing was actually profitable in Beta and in the first few weeks of release, but people whined and complained that slicers made too much money, so the nerfed it into uselessness. Now, slicing is used for getting schematics, not for getting credits. It is very rarely a worthwhile crew skill to take.
I'm aware of that, I was here for both

After the original nerfs it was profitable by a few credits and mission discoveries. But since 2.0 I have seen losses of over 1k on a single mission. It's a net loss when it should be a tiny plus or at least break even before mission discoveries. I don't expect 1k+ credits every time like how it was at the start.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

PlayLoud
05.02.2013 , 01:21 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
This quote discusses incorrectly getting an "Insufficient Skill Level" error message when Reverse Engineering items. This is definitely a bug, and we have it slated for Game Update 2.1. However, a fix has not been through testing yet, so there's a chance this may end up in Game Update 2.1.1. I'll be sure to let you know.
~Amber
Thank you Amber. I was hoping you could possibly confirm that this is the same issue that I am experiencing with items that give me a slightly different message. I bug reported the matter, but have received no indication on the forum that is in-fact a bug. I made a post on the forum here, but have also not received a response.

I would really appreciate it if you could confirm that this is part of the same issue, and therefore a bug.

The reason I seek clarification, is because my error message is slightly different. My error message says "This item cannot be reverse engineered.", instead of "Insufficient Skill Level". However, it would appear to be a related issue. As it is an item that I personally crafted, my understanding is I should be able to reverse engineer it. Also, when I have the Reverse Engineering button engaged, and I hover over the item, it even says "right-click to reverse engineer". However, it also shows Armormech 440 required in red, which would indicate I am too low level (though my Armormech is capped at 450).

The item in question is a RD-31A Master Striker Gauntlets of which I have 25 sitting in my bank, ready to be Reverse Engineered.

I also made a youtube video describing the problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L10s_Pr21fw&hd=1

Thank you Amber. I am greatly look forward to your response.
CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | Mobo: GA-Z77X-D3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB | SSD: Crucial M4 256GB
Video: MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Case: Antec P182 | Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Sound: Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 360 | OS: Win 7 64 | Monitor: Dell G2410 1080p

dreadddy
05.02.2013 , 05:50 PM | #25
I am having all of these issues also. But instead of lettin it slow me down I'm working around it till they fix it. If the update is weeks away why not just run lockbox mission to find 450 missions and save them up. If your an experienced gatherer you would know that ALL the lockbox missions if they crit return a mission

Cupelixx
05.02.2013 , 05:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by dreadddy View Post
I am having all of these issues also. But instead of lettin it slow me down I'm working around it till they fix it. If the update is weeks away why not just run lockbox mission to find 450 missions and save them up. If your an experienced gatherer you would know that ALL the lockbox missions if they crit return a mission
I'm skipping the lockbox missions entirely until they get fixed. Mission discoveries are nice, but not when I'm automatically losing 1k credits to run each mission. Over several characters that adds up pretty fast.
Please un-break Slicing lockbox missions.

Kirjalax
05.02.2013 , 06:44 PM | #27
Is it normal to get all green mats from purple 300 & 340 crew missions? No blues, and no purples, at all?

I don't recall ever experiencing it before, but get it regularly now. It's on my Cyber guy so it's either Scavenging or UT missions, maybe both.

dreadddy
05.02.2013 , 07:28 PM | #28
i am still getting around 3.4k on some boxes. so not all are comming back bad.

MVaglin
05.03.2013 , 01:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirjalax View Post
Is it normal to get all green mats from purple 300 & 340 crew missions? No blues, and no purples, at all?

I don't recall ever experiencing it before, but get it regularly now. It's on my Cyber guy so it's either Scavenging or UT missions, maybe both.
Scavenging only has green materials (apart from hollinium when you have advanced scavenging), and UWT only has blues and purples. SO it was probably a scavenging misison you ran and that's perfectly normal.
http://www.thecircle-guild.com

Akash - Operative Monzcarro - Mercenary
Erekose - Marauder Shatiro - Assassin

Pyrotech Mercenary PvE Guide

BloodyChains
05.03.2013 , 04:45 PM | #30
What I have a complaint about it that before the last patch, I got one, 1ea thermal regulator. I use those in the augments that I make on my sniper. Post patch, I haven't had any drop at all. I mean, this is weeks of running slicing missions and constantly losing credits because they won't drop the thermal regulators. Can someone look into this please??? I would really appreciate some help with this.