Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Well nobody at either bioware or ea seems to care to answer a simple question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Well nobody at either bioware or ea seems to care to answer a simple question

Evangalion
04.30.2013 , 11:11 PM | #1
Well it is now obvious to me that nobody at either bioware or ea or even a member of the forums here seems to care to answer what is or at least shouold be a simple question. And that question is can i buy the rise of the hutt cartell using a different credit card without having to change or alter the current credit card information that is on file for my account that is on file for my monthly subscription. o ,eam ,y ,roommate would like to buy me the rise of the hutt cartel as a gift but its clear that can't be doen without altering or changing my credit card information that is already on file. it would be nice if there were an alternate way that we could pay for the rise of the hutt cartel without having to alter or change the credit card information i already have on file. i'm greatly disappointed that nobody can answer such a simple question.

HiltoftheDragon
04.30.2013 , 11:33 PM | #2
I dont think you can....but its a chance i could be wrong. I tried to buy coins with a different payment option other than the one i currently already have and was unable to do it. It looked to me that i was going to add another way to pay for it all, and whatever i was using before would be greyed out. So it seems you cant have multiple payment options running at the same time. ( i hope thats what you were asking)

It would seem that the only alternative way would be to use another source to buy the expansion from......if thats even possible....but i bought mine directly from here so that may be a wrong statement also.

I feel like i was no help here at all. Sorry i cant help more.
The Starkillerz Legacy
"Death is an old friend of mine"
Grievance @ The Shadowlands
Creedess 55 * Serinety 55 * Noliana 55 * Adea 55 * Revenup 55

Niaymh
05.01.2013 , 12:19 AM | #3
Of course you can. When it brings you to the payment verification screen and displays the payment method it's going to charge, just click the "CHANGE" button next to your card and choose a different payment method.

Evangalion
05.01.2013 , 12:24 AM | #4
see there in is the problem i don't want to change card infomation. the credit card that is on file will change if i change payment method or billing. i want to keep the payment/ billing info that is on file without haivng to change what is already on file. i don't see a way to be able to do that. i mean they should has least have something through paypal. maybe google pay ect for those who want to buy the expansion without changing the payment//billing information that they use for their monthly subscriptions.

Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
Of course you can. When it brings you to the payment confirmation screen and displays the payment method it's going to charge, just click the "CHANGE" button next to your card and choose a different payment method.

Niaymh
05.01.2013 , 12:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evangalion View Post
see there in is the problem i don't want to change card infomation. the credit card that is on file will change if i change payment method or billing. i want to keep the payment/ billing info that is on file without haivng to change what is already on file. i don't see a way to be able to do that. i mean they should has least have something through paypal. maybe google pay ect for those who want to buy the expansion without changing the payment//billing information that they use for their monthly subscriptions.
Nope. The change button gives you the option to change the payment method you're using for THIS purchase, you don't have to change the card you have on file.

Click the change button, choose whatever you want from "Add a new payment method". It won't remove your existing payment method or change your sub. I have a different card I use for sub and coins, both are on my account at the same time and have no effect on each other.