Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Losing connection = Game shut down

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Losing connection = Game shut down

Idiotekque
04.30.2013 , 10:03 PM | #1
This isn't an isolated issue, since everyone I know has it too. Basically, if you're ever kicked from the server, your internet goes down, etc, the game will go to the server list, and 90% of the time, the game will shut down.

Why?

I came from playing The Secret World before SWTOR, and on that game, when you lost connection a popup would come up saying "Connection to server lost, do you want to reconnect?" in which case you could say yes, and it would place you back on the server, and if that failed, it would put you back on the title screen.

I honestly just don't understand why SWTOR closes the game when you lose connection. It's so extremely annoying, especially when someone (like me) has a relatively intermittent internet connection (I live in Hawaii, don't ask). It's utterly pointless to close the entire game when connection is lost, and as it happens, it seems to be what the game is designed to do when connection is lost. Really annoying when you have to boot the game back up, wait while the launcher opens (and seems to freeze everything while it does), log back in, wait through the load screen, choose a character, and wait through another load screen.

Please FIX this! Don't close the game upon disconnection!

Idiotekque
05.08.2013 , 04:43 PM | #2
Thanks for the attentiveness... really.