Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting I-III

chriscshunter
04.30.2013 , 09:02 AM | #1
Does this improve crit chance at all or is this strictly for obsolete and worthless weaker aug slot production? Can you even produce gear that has aug slots on it anymore?

Stormskimmer
04.30.2013 , 09:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
Does this improve crit chance at all or is this strictly for obsolete and worthless weaker aug slot production? Can you even produce gear that has aug slots on it anymore?
It improves crit for all crafting, from what I remember.

As for aug slots, you can make items with mk-9 augmentation slots.

Frog_brains
04.30.2013 , 11:57 AM | #3
yes it does, and yes you can, the armour, earpiece, implant etc will be able to use any augment up to the lvl of the item so if you make a lvl 47 item with an augment slot it'l be able to use any augment up to an including mk-5 augments. this also works with the orange shells you can craft. the crafted augment slots you crit are also upgradeable like any other slot

Jenzali
04.30.2013 , 12:13 PM | #4
It improves crit chance for all crafting and missions IIRC.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Heezdedjim
04.30.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5
Crit chance is your bread and butter money making talent if you are cybertech or artifice. It's what gives you a chance to get two mods or enhancements from one batch of mats. That's why everyone who does endgame mods trades them for mats alone, at no credit cost. They make all their money off the crits.

Sadly these perks do not add to crit chance for gathering missions, only for crafting items.

chriscshunter
04.30.2013 , 06:01 PM | #6
Thanks for all the responses and I don't mean to question you all I am just interested in your source of this information as this will cost 350k credits.

Why does it say it only increases augmenting slot chance? Where does it mention improved critical chance? How do I know its working. It says "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%"

mike_is_valid
05.01.2013 , 01:18 AM | #7
The source of information are people who do a lot of crafting in this game. Anything improving the crit chance like the legacy perk or the droid sensor are worth every penny you pay and 350K is nothing in endgame crafting.

Heezdedjim
05.01.2013 , 05:58 AM | #8
Why does it say it only increases augmenting slot chance? Where does it mention improved critical chance? How do I know its working. It says "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%"
The phrase "augmented result" means either adding an augment slot to a piece of wearable gear or producing two items instead of one in the case of an armoring, mod, enhancement, barrel, hilt, augment, or consumeable. The only way you get a "free" augment slot or a doubled output is from a critical success, so anything that improves the chances of you getting those things is, by definition, improving your crafting crit chance.

They changed the wording a little from referring to crit chance to stating "augmented result," because some people wrongly assumed that the perk also increased the chance of a critical success on a gathering mission. Sadly it does not. But it does improve crit chance for all crafting tasks, and it stacks with both the +5% crit from affection and any +crit bonus your companion may have for that crafting skill.

There is no way to visibly see the stat applied in the UI, or to tell that it's working, other than taking a large sample of crafting results before and after buying the perk. If you make 100 items before buying the perk and after, then you would expect to see around 3 more augment slots or doubled results after you have it compared with your results before. You'd have to repeat that sort of test a number of times to establish with reasonable statistical confidence that it actually does what it says on the tin.

chriscshunter
05.01.2013 , 06:09 AM | #9
I found the quote myself...
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
I was just wondering were this was officially mentioned. I went ahead and got it. 350K is nothing for an additional 3% crit. Not sure why they haven't updated the text, its been like a year since they said they would lol...

So is my math correct here?
Grey-Yellow = 15%
Max Effection = 5%
+5 Crit = 5%
Lagacy of Crafting III = 3%

So I should now have 28% chance of crit correct? And thanks again for all the responses