Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Come on... Who is in charge of the items in the PVP vendors Bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Come on... Who is in charge of the items in the PVP vendors Bioware?

Individual
04.28.2013 , 02:59 AM | #1
Does it make sense that I can rip a mod out of bracers that cost less then actually buying the mod? Does it make sense to have a mod in the pvp vendors that that have both cunning and defense? I ask my self this every time I look at the vendors. Are you guys even trying there? Bioware, please address this stuff. It's not right that you guys have mods up there for as much as you do when you can buy a piece of gear that costs less that gives you both and armoring and a mod.

_biddan_
04.28.2013 , 03:23 AM | #2
stuff in detail will always cost a lot.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Glower
04.28.2013 , 07:45 AM | #3
/signed
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Individual
04.28.2013 , 12:09 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
stuff in detail will always cost a lot.
That doesn't make sense. I can get the same mod out of a bracer for cheaper.

announcerharris
04.28.2013 , 12:11 PM | #5
So the complaint is that they've given you an easier way to get the item you want?
Phalcon hopes you Have A Nice Day!

Zuntrios
04.28.2013 , 12:33 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
So the complaint is that they've given you an easier way to get the item you want?
I'm thinking the point he was making instead, is that Bioware doesn't know what they're doing about PvP itemization and pricing, when you can buy Bracers for less than the mod vendor is selling mods, and the mods that are being sold have horrible stats on them, like he said, Cunning and Defense. Don't think I've ever seen an Operative tank, really.
Stealth? It's nice, I guess. But so is flinging people off bridges.

Menaes
04.28.2013 , 12:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Does it make sense that I can rip a mod out of bracers that cost less then actually buying the mod? Does it make sense to have a mod in the pvp vendors that that have both cunning and defense? I ask my self this every time I look at the vendors. Are you guys even trying there? Bioware, please address this stuff. It's not right that you guys have mods up there for as much as you do when you can buy a piece of gear that costs less that gives you both and armoring and a mod.
companions can use them also, granted at this point you are trying to get them for yourselves... however in the future if you're not giving them to an alt, you might give them to a companion. And some companions can tank with cunning e.g. loken.

underpantsgnomes
04.28.2013 , 12:42 PM | #8
Eh. Not Bioware's job to keep people from wasting their resources/time. Be smart and buy the bracers and we're all good.
Truth lies within.

Monterone
04.28.2013 , 02:46 PM | #9
Just buy what's cheaper. Their statistics will tell them in about 6 months that no one is using that vendor, after which they will investigate for a couple months, perhaps even create a thread for us to provide feedback on what could be done better.

They will then wipe that thread and all the feedback and lower the price of ranked mods and enhancements by 5%.
Sominette . Saminette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Glower
04.28.2013 , 09:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by underpantsgnomes View Post
Eh. Not Bioware's job to keep people from wasting their resources/time. Be smart and buy the bracers and we're all good.
Yeah! It will be fun if eventually this "bug" will be fixed...
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)