Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Agent/Smuggler Roll

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Agent/Smuggler Roll

PoliteAssasin
04.28.2013 , 02:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
I don't know what Hybrid would be able to spam it. Only by going high up in Concealment does it become cheaper, and nothing I know of in the other trees increases energy regen to any significant degree.
Not sure but that's what I've heard. I do see some if them just spamming it though. Especially in huttball.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

NoTomorrow
04.28.2013 , 02:06 AM | #12
this is Operative/Scoundrel roll. Stop bothering us, Snipers and Gunslingers with your QQ, our roll is on 20s CD and is impossible to abuse the same way as OP/Scoundrels can.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DweezillKagemand
04.28.2013 , 02:52 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
this is Operative/Scoundrel roll. Stop bothering us, Snipers and Gunslingers with your QQ, our roll is on 20s CD and is impossible to abuse the same way as OP/Scoundrels can.
Seriously? He was pointing something out, no need to get all defensive about it.

Also, pretty sure the Huttball counts as a snare, so you only roll 6m anyway.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Seireeni
04.28.2013 , 03:37 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by redfour View Post
I honestly think adding a cooldown would fix the issue, i think somewhere around 8 seconds would be good
Guessing you haven't played operative/scoundrel lately? When we don't count huttball, the roll is usually used as a cap closer and escape ability. As an escape ability, 12m, quite often 6m if the guy I'm trying to escape is clever, would be pretty useless. As a cap closer, 12m is usually enough if we talk about enemy who uses pushback and sits still after it. However, if the enemy uses their speedboost to escape, the roll would become completely useless, since the enemy could move far more than 12m with their boost.

DweezillKagemand
04.28.2013 , 03:42 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by redfour View Post
I honestly think adding a cooldown would fix the issue, i think somewhere around 8 seconds would be good
That would honestly destroy the ability.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Fordel
04.28.2013 , 03:49 AM | #16
I'd recommend a roll counter instead. If you do 2+ rolls in X seconds, you get a small cooldown then. If you can limit your roll spam, you don't have a cooldown. Just to give some kind of window of reaction.

It's just dang silly when you see them all chaining 3,4,5+ rolls non-stop.

DweezillKagemand
04.28.2013 , 04:28 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Fordel View Post
I'd recommend a roll counter instead. If you do 2+ rolls in X seconds, you get a small cooldown then. If you can limit your roll spam, you don't have a cooldown. Just to give some kind of window of reaction.

It's just dang silly when you see them all chaining 3,4,5+ rolls non-stop.
You do realise, after about 4 rolls (5 if you're concealment) - you'll be pretty much completely out of energy, so no doing anything for like 30 seconds unless you have Adrenaline Probe up.
Dweezill
Top Hatin' Player

Fordel
04.28.2013 , 04:40 AM | #18
What's it matter if it lets you claim an otherwise out of reach objective? Or even just escape the fight to total reset?

Unless you decide to roll in circles around a bunch of enemies, being out of energy is not going to outweigh the advantage all those rolls gave you in the first place.

Marisblood
04.28.2013 , 04:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm not a fan of roll either, but as per your sprint sarcasm joke...Roll takes a lot of energy to use. By the time they get the ball they have practically zero resources.
U lie, they get full energy by popping some talents that gives them energy back.

Seireeni
04.28.2013 , 04:46 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Marisblood View Post
U lie, they get full energy by popping some talents that gives them energy back.
They have cool head, gives them 50 (half) energy back, actually. But the remaining 50 will be recovered back in maybe 8 seconds. However, cool head has 2 minute cd.