Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Agent/Smuggler Roll

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Agent/Smuggler Roll

redfour
04.27.2013 , 09:42 PM | #1
I'm sure there have been numerous posts about this, but a nerf needs to happen, and soon. Roll ruins huttball. And huttball has been popping a lot lately. Roll either needs a cooldown (something like 8-10 seconds?), or it needs to drain WAY more energy, OR a combination of the above stated things with roll a much shorter distance.

Every game with an agent/smuggler begins with the person rolling too the ball, or all the way to the opposite endzone. The first score happens within 10-15 seconds of a game. I rarely make "this needs nerf posts" but I play a lot of WZ's, and this is something I have been seeing happen over, and over and over again. There is no real way to counter this either. I don't want to have agents or smugglers nerfed into the ground, but this ability is insane.

I guess if you don't want to nerf the roll, then make no cooldown for my sorc's sprint (just kidding about sprint, incase some of you didn't pick up the sarcasm).

Raansu
04.27.2013 , 09:54 PM | #2
I'm not a fan of roll either, but as per your sprint sarcasm joke...Roll takes a lot of energy to use. By the time they get the ball they have practically zero resources.

Zunayson
04.27.2013 , 10:00 PM | #3
Roll is fine. If it automatically wins games then you have a serious issue of l2p
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

Purple-Punch
04.27.2013 , 10:06 PM | #4
L2P and then come back.

No post for you!

PoliteAssasin
04.27.2013 , 11:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'm not a fan of roll either, but as per your sprint sarcasm joke...Roll takes a lot of energy to use. By the time they get the ball they have practically zero resources.
Not necessarily why I've seen. And I hear operatives talking about a hybrid they use to spam it.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

Coldin
04.27.2013 , 11:27 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Not necessarily why I've seen. And I hear operatives talking about a hybrid they use to spam it.
I don't know what Hybrid would be able to spam it. Only by going high up in Concealment does it become cheaper, and nothing I know of in the other trees increases energy regen to any significant degree.

HBMalachorfive
04.28.2013 , 12:02 AM | #7
There is an easy fix to this which I reckon is the way BW will go. Can't roll with the ball. Simple. Yeah sure they can get to the middle quick but if you have a few players with half a brain an op/scoundrel is rather squishy and they'll bug out or die fast or perhaps they may get the pass off but I doubt it. It will disappear in time just need to wait it out but in saying that, waiting for BW is painful, your more likely to die first.
Waka - Wakaboom - Wakastab - Wakasin - Wakasnipe

R.I.P F O R K L I F T #MADCUZBAD

Coldin
04.28.2013 , 12:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HBMalachorfive View Post
There is an easy fix to this which I reckon is the way BW will go. Can't roll with the ball. Simple. Yeah sure they can get to the middle quick but if you have a few players with half a brain an op/scoundrel is rather squishy and they'll bug out or die fast or perhaps they may get the pass off but I doubt it. It will disappear in time just need to wait it out but in saying that, waiting for BW is painful, your more likely to die first.
Funny thing is the roll is kind of useless while holding the ball. Snipers get a lot more distance while holding the ball, since their roll isn't reduced by being slowed.

redfour
04.28.2013 , 12:54 AM | #9
I honestly think adding a cooldown would fix the issue, i think somewhere around 8 seconds would be good

Coldin
04.28.2013 , 12:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by redfour View Post
I honestly think adding a cooldown would fix the issue, i think somewhere around 8 seconds would be good
Ugh.

I don't think people realize just how much a cooldown would kill this ability. If it got a cooldown, the energy cost would have to be removed and it become unaffected by slows or roots just to stay even somewhat useful.