Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

HuaRya
04.27.2013 , 09:30 PM | #1
Anyone notice most of the guilds aren't doing ranked very often? Sure we're all waiting for a full set of conq gear with just the right augs before dipping in but what if there was an option for these frequently seen 4 man teams to be able to compete for some firebrand gear alongside another gang of four?

This minor tweak could open up on a whole new kind of competition where rival guilds combine forces to win. I would gamble that it would be so fun they would have little desire to run non-ranked wz's. The result of allowing teams of 4 in rank would make for two uniquely different kinds of warzones that get frequent play.

sauerkraut
04.27.2013 , 10:40 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Anyone notice most of the guilds aren't doing ranked very often? Sure we're all waiting for a full set of conq gear with just the right augs before dipping in but what if there was an option for these frequently seen 4 man teams to be able to compete for some firebrand gear alongside another gang of four?

This minor tweak could open up on a whole new kind of competition where rival guilds combine forces to win. I would gamble that it would be so fun they would have little desire to run non-ranked wz's. The result of allowing teams of 4 in rank would make for two uniquely different kinds of warzones that get frequent play.
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't sing up for RWZ because they hate competition, what they love is to run Premade, double premade against PUGs. Do you relay think they don't have 8 players to form a RWZ? Sure they have, but they hate RWZs.

Darth_Dreselus
04.27.2013 , 10:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't sing up for RWZ because they hate competition, what they love is to run Premade, double premade against PUGs. Do you relay think they don't have 8 players to form a RWZ? Sure they have, but they hate RWZs.
Nope...
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

islander
04.27.2013 , 11:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. You don't just need 8 players for rated. You roll into a rated queue with 8 players of non-specified skills/rolls, you'll lose 95% of the time to the rest of the teams that do. Not to mention the queue times suck.

I'd love to see 4 man queuing for rateds...there'd just need to be a requirement of one healer and one tank per group, enforced by the group finder Bioware already has in place for pve.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

cashogy_reborn
04.27.2013 , 11:02 PM | #5
make rateds work like group finder for PvE. you can queue as DPS, Tank or Heals, and then the system works to put 2 heals, 2 tanks, 4 DPS on a team.

its obviously not going to be the best way to field a team, but it would allow solo/small group queuing for RWZ
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

islander
04.27.2013 , 11:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
make rateds work like group finder for PvE. you can queue as DPS, Tank or Heals, and then the system works to put 2 heals, 2 tanks, 4 DPS on a team.

its obviously not going to be the best way to field a team, but it would allow solo/small group queuing for RWZ
Exactly. at this point its more about reasonable participation then maximizing e-peen. I suppose requiring 1800 expertise in order to queue to begin with would also be (programically speaking) too much to ask.

sauerkraut
04.27.2013 , 11:35 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
Nope...
Yeap.

Xeraz
04.27.2013 , 11:35 PM | #8
Actually our guild is boycotting rateds until they fix the bolster exploits.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."

islander
04.27.2013 , 11:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
Actually our guild is boycotting rateds until they fix the bolster exploits.
well there's that, too.

-Holmes
04.27.2013 , 11:45 PM | #10
Assuming we use the idea of group finder, what's gonna stop casuals from claiming they're tanks in GF, but they're actually DPS?