Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP destroyed what is left of this game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP destroyed what is left of this game.

Jayshames
04.27.2013 , 03:20 PM | #1
PvE in this game is the most dull PvE I've ever played in an MMO.
Sure every MMO consists of doing dungeons/raids whatever to get the best gear. Though, there's usually other things that branch off from that to kill time. This game has nothing even remotely close to end-game I've seen in other MMO's.

That leaves PvP. I'm not going to lie, I've been a fan of SWTOR PvP for a while, though it's been getting worse after each update. 2.0 recently hit and it's by far the worst PvP update I've been here for yet. TTK is stupidly low, and PvP basically runs on stuns/roots/mezz. Again, every other MMO I've played, their stuns last about 2 seconds and have a long cooldown. They are meant to be to help you at a pinch. Though for some reason the devs seem to think that we each need multiple stuns/roots and even some mezz for each and every fight.

I've been growing less and less amused by PvP and I just can't take it any longer. I think the devs forget that the PvP community make up a huge proportion of their player base, but they just don't seem to give a damn.

Been playing for many months now, majority of the time with 2 accounts subscribed. Also payed for plenty of Cartel Coins and many hours on the phone to CS. If I'm getting no enjoyment out of the game and my money (and everyone elses) doesn't seem to be doing much then I think it's time to move on.

I'll play until my subscription runs out, and hopefully by then I've found something more enjoyable to play.
Please, sort PvP out.

Anyways, rant over. Flame or whatever as you please.
SCOTLAND

getdownsb
04.27.2013 , 03:31 PM | #2
Rincon
Helm of Graush

Jayshames
04.27.2013 , 03:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post

Was expected, which also sadly takes any humor out of your post.

I'll probably have to edit my post to add in the part about this game also being full of the dumbest/worst players I've ever met. You're "troll" (more of an attempt to be funny) post would only help me get that point across.

You stick with SWTOR. One less bad I can avoid in other MMO's

EDIT: This may also help you; http://hubby7.hubpages.com/hub/selfempowermentE1
SCOTLAND

DeFierrio
04.27.2013 , 03:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by getdownsb View Post
I thought it was funny.

But all joking aside, OP is right (although for the wrong reasons). Bioware, you really did manage to screw up pvp royally with 2.0.

Jayshames
04.27.2013 , 03:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DeFierrio View Post
I thought it was funny.

But all joking aside, OP is right (although for the wrong reasons). Bioware, you really did manage to screw up pvp royally with 2.0.
What has outdoor exercise got to do with this game being ruined by a crap dev team?
It's not funny in the slightest. The only thing even remotely funny here is how low these "trolls" IQ are.
SCOTLAND

helpmewin
04.27.2013 , 04:18 PM | #6
I saw less and less pvp players in wz and more and more pve-s in wz. Pre 2.0 game was funny and had a little balance just little but had. But now...i hope something change for a better side. If not i leave like most of pvp players. Its sad. But i dont whant pay money for nothing.
Half of my old guild are leave...just dont whant play this **** what they said.

Thrasymicus
04.27.2013 , 05:45 PM | #7
So what is this awesome MMO you are comparing this game to?
Guild Master of My Schwartz Is Bigger

May the Schwartz be with you!

DarthWoad
04.27.2013 , 05:48 PM | #8
100% agree with the OP. Finally someone else on this forum with sense in them. This MMO is just a shambles.

Single player its okay. But its an MMO. The basic MMO features are lacking with content.

Luco-Zade
04.27.2013 , 05:49 PM | #9
/Signed.

Full agreement.

Tycoon
04.27.2013 , 05:58 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jayshames View Post
PvE in this game is the most dull PvE I've ever played in an MMO.
Sure every MMO consists of doing dungeons/raids whatever to get the best gear. Though, there's usually other things that branch off from that to kill time. This game has nothing even remotely close to end-game I've seen in other MMO's.

That leaves PvP. I'm not going to lie, I've been a fan of SWTOR PvP for a while, though it's been getting worse after each update. 2.0 recently hit and it's by far the worst PvP update I've been here for yet. TTK is stupidly low, and PvP basically runs on stuns/roots/mezz. Again, every other MMO I've played, their stuns last about 2 seconds and have a long cooldown. They are meant to be to help you at a pinch. Though for some reason the devs seem to think that we each need multiple stuns/roots and even some mezz for each and every fight.

I've been growing less and less amused by PvP and I just can't take it any longer. I think the devs forget that the PvP community make up a huge proportion of their player base, but they just don't seem to give a damn.

Been playing for many months now, majority of the time with 2 accounts subscribed. Also payed for plenty of Cartel Coins and many hours on the phone to CS. If I'm getting no enjoyment out of the game and my money (and everyone elses) doesn't seem to be doing much then I think it's time to move on.

I'll play until my subscription runs out, and hopefully by then I've found something more enjoyable to play.
Please, sort PvP out.

This is my problem with you post. Yes, there is a lot of problems with pvp right now, however you didn't even mention the things 2.0 broke. All you did was talk about how much time you spent, and how there are a lot of stuns in the game, but then tell us how much you enjoyed the game up till 2.0. So you are telling my you were able to tolerate all of the CCs up till 2.0, and for some reason you can no longer? 2.0 has problems, but stuns and CCs is at least one thing 2.0 didn't break. You might not like all of the CCs, but I actually do. The only time you see a lot of CC is when are focused fired, and lets be honest, if you are being focused fired by 4-6 other people you aren't meant to survive that encounter anyway.