Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
04.27.2013 , 10:39 PM | #41
When it is a dbl premade vs pug civil war and the premade is full of tanks+healers then the only reason to stay in the wz is to get a 1.5-2mil dmg match and some lolz. That is likely part of why the dps stayed mid.

islander's Avatar


islander
04.27.2013 , 10:56 PM | #42
My thoughts:

In 3 node warzones, there's a common perception among losing teams that once two nodes are lost, it's assumed you'll be able to faceroll the third node. About 90% of the time, that happens, just because the leading team never knows when some skilled stealther will knock out your solo guard on the edge - meaning you go and split up. Especially when you've got split ends like here.
I find it quite remarkable that all this fighting actually took place at mid. what amazing pub stupidity. Just amazing.

However, there's also this: Someone mentioned that PvP is getting boring, with combat essentially involving 'turtling' around nodes. I have to agree with this. Survivability is very high compared to 1.7 now, in everything but huttball. Amount of healers directly influences results so dramatically now that I refuse to group with more then one or two guildies/friends unless one of them is a healer - then I'll join a 4 man.

it kinda sucks- I honestly liked pre-2.0 better. The only reason we're seeing much higher DPS numbers in warzones is because healers are cranking out more HPS then ever before. Combine this with increased defensive mechanic (of varying kinds) for almost every archtype in 2.0, and non-exploit health pools being about 50% more then pre 2.0, and you get what we have now (besides a bad bolster system we never needed at 55).
I had 19k health in 1.7. I'm now at 29k. 5 levels, 50% health increase. Why?
Gllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

ShatteredVision's Avatar


ShatteredVision
04.28.2013 , 03:13 AM | #43
Much respect for Cilas - and this video does simply display a poor team - but, the fact of the matter is, it now (post 2.0) takes roughly twice as long to kill a healer 1v1 on my sin (and I eat healers for breakfast). Add another healer or two to the mix, and it's pretty clear that healing is out of whack. The odd part is, it now takes about half the time to kill anyone else. Go figure. I'm not here to say how easy a healer should be to kill. Maybe they weren't as powerful as they should have been before - I'm not here to debate that either way. I'm just saying, it's pretty clear there's a difference and their strength has been increased. No amount of bad pugs will change that fact.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
04.28.2013 , 03:19 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
Sorry, one team playing very badly is not indicative of a balance issue.
When premades are queuing straight heals consistently (and winning that way) they need to change it. There's a reason why the healing debuff exists in PVP. Nothing against healers on a personal level, I play them too, but its pretty unanimously bad for the game to have heals this strong.

Tankqull's Avatar


Tankqull
04.28.2013 , 05:45 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Skip to 2:50 in the video

About 5 people were attacking you, you were guarded also. It doesnt take skill to guard someone. You never went below half health on that bit.
he was never rupted once, he never recieved a healing debuff.
4 of 5 dds were horrible not matching the dmgpotentials the 6th was indicating they were even unable to match the dmg of the opponents TANK ffs. so stop blaming the healing - start playing while using the brain as a dd.

Macroeconomics's Avatar


Macroeconomics
04.28.2013 , 06:39 AM | #46
Bad opponents don't change the fact that when two good ranked teams play, it is still a defensive battle. Even more so than in 1.7, which already was rather droll.

Kaerwolf's Avatar


Kaerwolf
04.28.2013 , 07:11 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Exactly! Yet, for some reason, whenever I play my Vanguard, I usually wind up living, especially if we do what I like to call the 'Texas Triangle':

1: I guard healer, who heals themselves. While that's going on I
2: taunt the attacker and unload my full set of debuffs, slowly nibbling him down. Of course during that,
3: the attacker continues ineffectively damaging the healer, who is still healing themselves.

For some reason, 90% of attackers love dancing my Texas Triangle with me...darned if I understand why...
As stated a few posts above, the game needs better indicators of effects in play and who is doing what. The taunt effect should be visible and also who did it, there should be no question about someone taunting you so that the attacker can adjust focus accordingly. As it is the attackers hardly notice the taunt, especially mdps as they already have far too many things to consider already and usually can't see what's going on behind their back.

Odyseus's Avatar


Odyseus
04.28.2013 , 07:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.
Ok, so you had total control of the middle, the opposing team has wiped numerous times, which deteriorates their tactical cohesion with each wipe. You say they should of went for another node? Lets say they did, the minute one person would of been visible there would of been a call out. Since you're so skilled, and others are so bad, I'm positive you would react immediately by dispatching one of your three healers to help defend the other node. By this time, there's no one really attacking the middle, so does your 2 healers just stay in the middle? No, at least one of them would rotate over to support the assaulted node, bringing us back to the same scenario, invincible healers that are deciding every game. It's not about skill anymore, it's about how many healers your side has.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
04.28.2013 , 08:16 AM | #49
Totally misread the topic hahaha.

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
04.28.2013 , 08:22 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Tankqull View Post
he was never rupted once, he never recieved a healing debuff.
4 of 5 dds were horrible not matching the dmgpotentials the 6th was indicating they were even unable to match the dmg of the opponents TANK ffs. so stop blaming the healing - start playing while using the brain as a dd.
eeeeeexactly. No one interrupted me (or the other healers for that matter)
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch