Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

Caeliux
04.27.2013 , 04:52 PM | #21
Cilas is op, nerf him pronto!

DarthWoad
04.27.2013 , 04:53 PM | #22
Skip to 2:50 in the video

About 5 people were attacking you, you were guarded also. It doesnt take skill to guard someone. You never went below half health on that bit.

The other healer on your team was also guarded. You are a pre made. Its not that surprising that you too so much damage. The other healer on your team took more damage than you. Well done for being guarded and healing each other. Well done for making a pre made.

The assassin tanks have phase walk in which you get extra healing.

Not to mention the fact you were against a team of donkeys, which is what 80% of warzones consist of.

I'm not that impressed though. But good for you if you feel you achieved something.

JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 04:57 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
A pug premade wasn't going to beat us at mid.. the point is that we had all that stacked defense and healing at mid, so why didn't they leave and try another node? We had no healers at the other nodes. This is where some strategy and common sense should kick in.

People want to kill what's right in front of them (i.e. me) when in reality, they'd be better off switching nodes if they wanted to win.
Wrong. You are a full premade with communication. You know as well as I do the second they were to go for another node you would have been right there to defend. That warzone was a lose from the start, no matter the pugs strat. There is no way they were gonna get the rotation down to hold 2 nodes against a full seasoned premade.

Luco-Zade
04.27.2013 , 05:08 PM | #24
A pug premade wasn't going to beat us at mid.. the point is that we had all that stacked defense and healing at mid, so why didn't they leave and try another node? We had no healers at the other nodes. This is where some strategy and common sense should kick in.

People want to kill what's right in front of them (i.e. me) when in reality, they'd be better off switching nodes if they wanted to win.
80% of the PUG's ive been in couldnt even spell common sense, let alone enact its application in decision making.

Strategy is useless in PVP, unless, your against extremely bad players. Adaptability is the way of PvP.

Also, hows the old e-peen feeling? PUG stomping getting to the point where everytime it happens we get a forum thread?

Resiel
04.27.2013 , 05:42 PM | #25
Lets get off the premade vs PUG and focus on the fact there was 9 kills..total... the whole match. Like most warzones it was just a boring war of slamming heads against a wall. Sometimes I think half of warzones end now because one team just gets bored and quits and the other half are over in the first 15 seconds to whomever capped their nodes quickest. Either way its hardly in a fun state currently.

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 06:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Cilas is op, nerf him pronto!
No, no.. we don't want to do that..
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 06:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
The other healer on your team took more damage than you. Well done for being guarded and healing each other.
What? not even close, the other healer took 100k damage. I took 2 million. Can you count?

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
I'm not that impressed though. But good for you if you feel you achieved something.
I don't think I achieved something at all. You missed the point of posting this completely.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 06:10 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffersonKc View Post
Wrong. You are a full premade with communication. You know as well as I do the second they were to go for another node you would have been right there to defend. That warzone was a lose from the start, no matter the pugs strat. There is no way they were gonna get the rotation down to hold 2 nodes against a full seasoned premade.
I would agree with that I suppose. Point is they didn't even try.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 06:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Luco-Zade View Post
80% of the PUG's ive been in couldnt even spell common sense, let alone enact its application in decision making.

Strategy is useless in PVP, unless, your against extremely bad players. Adaptability is the way of PvP.

Also, hows the old e-peen feeling? PUG stomping getting to the point where everytime it happens we get a forum thread?
another person who missed the point of the video. My e-peen is very small, and I like it that way.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Asvarduil
04.27.2013 , 06:14 PM | #30
My e-peen is very small, and I like it that way.
That's what she said.

But, seriously. This isn't about PuG vs. Premade; this is about, people who don't appear to get the point in the first place.

I suggested a possibility in another thread about some tutorial quests to unlock the ability to queue for PvP. Since many players appear to assume that PvP means 'team deathmatch rules', some optional, repeatable tutorial quests for each type of warzone's rules would be helpful in teaching players the bare-bones basics of each warzone.

It would be helpful in that it would reinforce to the players that the point of warzones is to achieve the objectives, and that to do that, you may (or may not) have to pwn some opponents.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands