Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 12:46 PM | #1
To all the people complaining that healing is OP......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmZ6Yu9PyzA

Next time tunnel less, and maybe go try to take another node? Switch targets?
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Raansu
04.27.2013 , 01:13 PM | #2
Sorry but all your video does is prove how unbalanced the current mechanics are. Either healing needs to be significantly lowered, or they need to stop allowing taunts being stacked with guard. Something has to give here. Currently guard with 50% damage reduction stacked with a taunt is 80% damage reduction on top of already strong heals + cross healing. If taunts continue to stack then guard needs to be lowered and healing kept the same with diminishing returns on cross healing. Either way, something needs to be changed. Healing should give an advantage to a team, not make them unkillable. You taking an onslaught like that and being able to survive it quite easily is just beyond broken.

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 01:26 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Sorry but all your video does is prove how unbalanced the current mechanics are. Either healing needs to be significantly lowered, or they need to stop allowing taunts being stacked with guard. Something has to give here. Currently guard with 50% damage reduction stacked with a taunt is 80% damage reduction on top of already strong heals + cross healing. If taunts continue to stack then guard needs to be lowered and healing kept the same with diminishing returns on cross healing. Either way, something needs to be changed. Healing should give an advantage to a team, not make them unkillable. You taking an onslaught like that and being able to survive it quite easily is just beyond broken.
Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post

Sorry, one team playing very badly is not indicative of a balance issue.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Asvarduil
04.27.2013 , 01:49 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.
He's right.

As a tank, my first priority is to the team's healer - healer lives, chances are my teammates all live. If someone starts hammering on my healer (they're already guarded for a reason), I'll taunt that player. Most players don't know that, when that Taunt debuff appears, that they need to attack the person who casted it.

This isn't an 'imbalance in the current systems', this is an extension of PvE mechanics into PvP, which is what makes SWTOR's PvP so good in the first place! While I do say 'learn to play', though, a possible change BioWare could make is to ensure that the taunts are more visible so players affected by them will A) know they're taunted without needing an icon, and B) know who they were taunted by (which is the whole point of taunting!)
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 01:56 PM | #6
Looks to me like the typical full premade against a pug team..... Not that impressive if that is the case. Wont happen against another pre made.

Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 02:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffersonKc View Post
Looks to me like the typical full premade against a pug team..... Not that impressive if that is the case. Wont happen against another pre made.
I rather think the point is "look at these guys being bad", not "look at me being awesome".

Not that, of course, Cilas isn't awesome.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Cilas
04.27.2013 , 02:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
I rather think the point is "look at these guys being bad", not "look at me being awesome".
Exactly. It is a visual representation via a warzone of the typical player that complains about how overpowered healing is.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
Not that, of course, Cilas isn't awesome.
<3
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

AdrianDmitruk
04.27.2013 , 02:27 PM | #9
Why can't I ever take a million damage? Obviously I need to troll harder

Although I have to say that one of my favorite ways to troll is being the last one (or close to it) standing on a node with 6 people all trying to kill that last "attacker"--I kite them around as long as possible and if my team is smart they'll respawn to the offnode and take it, and I may consider my kamikaze stand successful.

Bads will be bads
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Asvarduil
04.27.2013 , 02:29 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
Why can't I ever take a million damage? Obviously I need to troll harder
You're not alone buddy...
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands