Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A possible solution to the premade "problem"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A possible solution to the premade "problem"

sauerkraut
04.27.2013 , 02:56 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
The intent of the thread was not to become yet another QQ I get stomped by mean people working together. It was to suggest a feasible solution utilizing already existing mechanics that would help balance out the playing field
The only solution is to separate PUGs from Premades. The reason nobody could find any other solution, because there is none. It's that simple.

Astarica
04.27.2013 , 03:14 PM | #22
The simplest way is to just keep track of everyone's rating using the exact same system as rated WZ and then match people accordingly but that's apparently not happening. It really wouldn't hurt to ensure there's at least one healer on both sides before the game starts. 8 DPS can win, but they have to be really good to pull it off. You wouldn't start a FP without a healer (you can get away with no tank on some of them) so why not for WZ as well?

Arkerus
04.27.2013 , 03:33 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
There' nothing stopping anyone from forming their own premade. Good players tend to find each other and realize the benefit of running together. Weekend warriors, the ones complaining about premades, won't form their own groups no matter what tools you give them.

It's an MMO. Be social. Or be good enough to get invited.
Terrible excuses and it only creates bigger issues. There is no reason to punish weekend warriors. They have every right to play and be successful in public queues as anyone else does.

Premades of 4 or more need to be relegated to their own queues. PUGS cant even hope to have the same coordination and class composition of premades.

If premades are so ****** and fearless, they should form ranked teams.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 03:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post
Terrible excuses and it only creates bigger issues. There is no reason to punish weekend warriors. They have every right to play and be successful in public queues as anyone else does.

Premades of 4 or more need to be relegated to their own queues. PUGS cant even hope to have the same coordination and class composition of premades.

Premades don't claim to be fearless. Sometimes we play with friends - doesn't mean the group is good (sometimes its quite the opposite). Sometimes we just want to group with people that don't immediately charge the opposing node in hypergate or PvP in corners durning huttball.

I am starting to think that the proponents of separate queues are either just so bad nobody will group with them, or are just complete ******s that nobody can stand to be around, forcing them to queue solo. I'm not knocking those who choose to queue solo and don't b*tch about (as I solo queue all the time), but those who solo queue followed by a QQ fest against premades

cashogy_reborn
04.27.2013 , 03:52 PM | #25
premades (and lets be real, this is crying about HALF PREMADES in reality) are not a problem.

bad players are a problem. nay, more like an epidemic. if each player took responsibility for their actions in game, and did just a little bit each day to improve their play, the average PUG would not be so bad.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

DarthRaika
04.27.2013 , 03:56 PM | #26
No, at least some that want premade matching or worst case separate q's don't want to pugstomp. I have led very good pvp guilds in past games and one thing I have grown to hate is pugstomping. Even if bolster was perfect a premade has a major advantage against a pug group. I know this because I have made countless premades.

If bw implemented a good premade matching system or sep q's I would get a great group together and have a lot of fun premading half the time (it is still important to pug often to keep your skill up). But with the current system if you make a well geared and nice composition premade of decent players (don't need to be really good even) then you will pugstomp most of your matches. This is not fun for good players.

There are a lot of premades running right now. I have 8 chars with 4 on each faction and I switch chars a lot. I know there are plenty of premades running most of the time for a good premade matching system. Also, if BW was to implement a good matchmaking system instead of sep q's then if there really weren't other premades on you would still get into a match within 10 mins.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 04:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
No, at least some that want premade matching or worst case separate q's don't want to pugstomp. I have led very good pvp guilds in past games and one thing I have grown to hate is pugstomping. Even if bolster was perfect a premade has a major advantage against a pug group. I know this because I have made countless premades.

If bw implemented a good premade matching system or sep q's I would get a great group together and have a lot of fun premading half the time (it is still important to pug often to keep your skill up). But with the current system if you make a well geared and nice composition premade of decent players (don't need to be really good even) then you will pugstomp most of your matches. This is not fun for good players.

There are a lot of premades running right now. I have 8 chars with 4 on each faction and I switch chars a lot. I know there are plenty of premades running most of the time for a good premade matching system. Also, if BW was to implement a good matchmaking system instead of sep q's then if there really weren't other premades on you would still get into a match within 10 mins.
Get in a match within 10 minutes?!? Hahahahahaha

Right now on my server it usually takes about 20 minutes, and those usually are primarily PUG groups or half premade half PUG. Splitting it into separate queues would bring PvP that much closer to death.

Even then, those that are in it purely to "pugstomp" would just solo queue at once and bypass the system.

TheronFett
04.27.2013 , 04:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Arkerus View Post

No. Weekend warriors are only punishing THEMSELVES by not forming premades. As I pointed out earlier, this is an MMO. Be social. Either that, or be good enough to get asked to be part of a group. If you're a bad and no one wants you...well...enjoy the pain and suffering of the solo queue.

The PvP community can not support matchmaking right now. Once (if) cross-server queues are introduced, then I agree, yes there should be matchmaking. As it is now, there's just not enough PvP to spread around so you take what you can get.

xcopper
04.27.2013 , 05:17 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffersonKc View Post
Its called solo que for a reason..... A group of 4 players should not be able to que to solo warzones. You want to pvp as a group? Do ranked. If you want to pvp solo, solo que its as easy as that.

YES I AGREE ! PVP USED TO BE FUN........send the premades back to ranked !

Luco-Zade
04.27.2013 , 05:35 PM | #30
Half premades are not as major an issue as are made out imo (unless its a 3 healer and 1 35k hp Jugg/Guard).

The issue, at the heart of the matter, is the influx of atrocious players since 2.0, that have no skill, think its team deathmatch every game, dont listen to orders, completely ignore advice, have no desire to learn to play skillfully and when they come upon something that requires skill to defeat, throw their toys out of the pram and bawl for the Nerf doctor.

This situation is becoming the main decrease in fun for PVP on Red Eclipse.

9/10 warzones i am in have maybe 2-3 players that know how to PvP, the rest just follow the crowd, have no ability or inclination to think for themselves of how to help the team win. Occasionally, you do get some damn good matches, but they are so few and far between its basically myth.

Since 2.0 something very wrong has nestled in PvP, a type of attitude and its eating away at how good it once was.

Sure, in 1.7, coming up against a premade was not always fun, but it made it challenging and broke up the tedium of the same general ways of playing the maps.

The ranking system needs an overhaul, to allow cross server matchups, split the whole PvP league into 3 seperate leagues, open( no premades current bolster caps everything to about 50% its current ) - Unranked ( PvP as it is now, minimum Valour rank of 40, bolster keeps all stats to 85% its current, Premades allowed with cap on certain classes to encourage team makeup) and Ranked - (no bolster, pure team PvP ****, no single queuing blah blah you get the gist.)