Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

A possible solution to the premade "problem"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A possible solution to the premade "problem"

Kontraz's Avatar


Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 12:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
That wouldn't affect the fact that there are far more dps than healers or tanks.
Then maybe it would help encourage people to take on other roles?

I have field respec on my characters, so whenever in a warzone or flashpoint and we need a different role, I can adapt. While I don't expect this from everyone, it is still a consideration

sauerkraut's Avatar


sauerkraut
04.27.2013 , 12:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
Then maybe it would help encourage people to take on other roles?

I have field respec on my characters, so whenever in a warzone or flashpoint and we need a different role, I can adapt. While I don't expect this from everyone, it is still a consideration
What would help, to encourage people to take other roles?

DharmaPolice's Avatar


DharmaPolice
04.27.2013 , 01:04 PM | #13
The problem is not premades, it's mismatched teams. Four poor players grouped together do not magically become godlike if they queue together. In fact, from the perspective of solo queuer, if I see my team has a weak premade in it that's worse than being a pure PUG as we're more likely to be up against a decent premade and are therefore going to get stomped.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

BoushhDC's Avatar


BoushhDC
04.27.2013 , 01:09 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
That wouldn't affect the fact that there are far more dps than healers or tanks.
As is normal here as well as any MMO I've ever played. Since healers are routinely doing over 1.1 million in heals, if you have very many of them you'd never be able to kill anything anyway... which is happening more frequently than you think, as it is. That's what a TTK system is for, btw.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

BoushhDC's Avatar


BoushhDC
04.27.2013 , 01:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
What would help, to encourage people to take other roles?
BW has traditionally done this by nerfing a high population class (sometimes to oblivion) while buffing other low population classes to draw more people do it. That's why when the game launched and too many people wanted to play "Boba Fett" that Merc/Commandos got nerfed and have never recovered and gunslingers/snipers got a series of buffs even though there was nothing wrong with them to begin with.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

JeffersonKc's Avatar


JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 01:19 PM | #16
Its called solo que for a reason..... A group of 4 players should not be able to que to solo warzones. You want to pvp as a group? Do ranked. If you want to pvp solo, solo que its as easy as that.

chriscruiz's Avatar


chriscruiz
04.27.2013 , 01:21 PM | #17
The answer to premades are more premades. If you think premades are a problem start your own group. The more premades/ competitive PvP the better in my book.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
04.27.2013 , 01:27 PM | #18
We need a premade matchign system now. It doesn't have to require premade vs premade (if there is only one premade q'n for over 10 mins for example) but it will wait a few mins to set this up. PVP is a joke right now.

Also, if you do form a premade then you will often just stomp pugs yourself which is even more boring than being stomped.

JeffersonKc's Avatar


JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 01:29 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
We need a premade matchign system now. It doesn't have to require premade vs premade (if there is only one premade q'n for over 10 mins for example) but it will wait a few mins to set this up. PVP is a joke right now.

Also, if you do form a premade then you will often just stomp pugs yourself which is even more boring than being stomped.
Exactly. Its no fun to win with no oposition. I get bored and go do something else challenging.
Guilds that get 2 - 4 man groups together to simultaneously que, cant hang with real competition in ranked and ruin the solo que with their full pre mades. Fix that and your golden.

Kontraz's Avatar


Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 01:50 PM | #20
The intent of the thread was not to become yet another QQ I get stomped by mean people working together. It was to suggest a feasible solution utilizing already existing mechanics that would help balance out the playing field