Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A possible solution to the premade "problem"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A possible solution to the premade "problem"

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:21 AM | #1
Personally, I don't feel it is a problem, but obviously some do. Apart from coordination, premades tend to have good team composition while PUGs jut have a random assortment. Why not introduce a group-finder system for warzones? Basically, just like in the FP group finder, you would select the role(s) that you wish to enter the queue as, and the system tries to put you on a team so that the composition is 4 dps, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Another benefit could be keeping the role icon by each player's avatar (visible only to teammates, of course) so healers, tanks and dps canbe more easily recognized prior to the start of the warzone.

Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 11:23 AM | #2
Have been suggested many times. Personally I don't like it because it would make the queues longer.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:25 AM | #3
Agreed to some extent. However, with the ability to queue for multiple roles, I don't think the queues would take THAT much longer

Kutsmuffin
04.27.2013 , 11:35 AM | #4
Queue healer spec for fast pops and field respec to l33t dps in WZ and heal for 0
Steeple of Prophecy of the Five
------------->Youtube<-------------
-Formerly Envii of Anchorhead-

TheronFett
04.27.2013 , 11:41 AM | #5
There' nothing stopping anyone from forming their own premade. Good players tend to find each other and realize the benefit of running together. Weekend warriors, the ones complaining about premades, won't form their own groups no matter what tools you give them.

It's an MMO. Be social. Or be good enough to get invited.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:44 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
There' nothing stopping anyone from forming their own premade. Good players tend to find each other and realize the benefit of running together. Weekend warriors, the ones complaining about premades, won't form their own groups no matter what tools you give them.

It's an MMO. Be social. Or be good enough to get invited.
Agreed. Just trying to be constructive I guess, even if it is catering to the lazy

sauerkraut
04.27.2013 , 11:49 AM | #7
The best and most effective way to deal with this issue is, to quit the WZ.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
The best and most effective way to deal with this issue is, to quit the WZ.
Queues are long enough as it is. Encouraging people not to play in a dying game is a bit counter-productive

BoushhDC
04.27.2013 , 11:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
Have been suggested many times. Personally I don't like it because it would make the queues longer.
Not if they make the ques cross-server.
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved. --Sun Tzu

Seireeni
04.27.2013 , 12:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by BoushhDC View Post
Not if they make the ques cross-server.
That wouldn't affect the fact that there are far more dps than healers or tanks.