Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Raise pvp money reward to 20k a game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Raise pvp money reward to 20k a game.

Scriffle
04.27.2013 , 10:26 AM | #1
Who else thinks the money that you get is to low?

6,5k is just so low

I want more money from pvp.
- Koré -Operative on Tomb Of Freedonn Nadd
Unavailable
Get free cartel market unlocks and a free character transfer! Click!

Exzileforgotten
04.27.2013 , 10:31 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Scriffle View Post
Who else thinks the money that you get is to low?

6,5k is just so low

I want more money from pvp.
Least ya get money. That was one of my big complaints about WoWs BG/arena system. It required min maxing for everything down to your tradeskills/enchants/gems etc etc. But for those that only did pvp you got no money from BGs/arenas so you were forced into doing dailies that you really don't want to do.

In short be glad ya get something ;P

Audiovisual
04.27.2013 , 10:51 AM | #3
20k is to much but 6.5k is not enough I feel after the expansion we should be getting more creds per match maybe 10k

Polymerize
04.27.2013 , 10:51 AM | #4
Thought this for a long time. For a 15 minute game I get 7k credits. Joke.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:27 AM | #5
/sign. I don't enjoy PvE - why should I need to in order to be viable for PvP (moving mods, getting augments, etc, costs a lot)

Twin
04.27.2013 , 11:32 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Exzileforgotten View Post
Least ya get money. That was one of my big complaints about WoWs BG/arena system. It required min maxing for everything down to your tradeskills/enchants/gems etc etc. But for those that only did pvp you got no money from BGs/arenas so you were forced into doing dailies that you really don't want to do.

In short be glad ya get something ;P
Employers must love negotiating your salary =)

"You will get 5 dollars each month for your fulltime job here, but hey at least you get money!"

...wait a minute...you're working fulltime as Q/A on BW, aren't you!?
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" – Abraham Lincoln

TheronFett
04.27.2013 , 11:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
/sign. I don't enjoy PvE - why should I need to in order to be viable for PvP (moving mods, getting augments, etc, costs a lot)
No, it doesn't. I can't remember when they nerfed PvP credits, but we used to get about 10-15k per match if I remember right. Then again, it used to cost triple what it does now to move mods around, so it's kind of a wash.

I hate doing dailies for cash too, but it's a necessary evil. At 55, you can burn through Black Hole in about 15 minutes, 30 if you do the heroic, and get close to 100k. Section X takes about 20 minutes, 30 with the heroic, and is close to another 100k. That's a pretty big chunk of change for an hour or so of grinding. The Belsavis, Ilum, and Makeb dailies take a lot more time to complete, but there is some good cash to be had there too. Bring a few friends and it cuts the time in half.

Just doing the dailies, you can get 500-600k or more.

Kontraz
04.27.2013 , 11:48 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
No, it doesn't. I can't remember when they nerfed PvP credits, but we used to get about 10-15k per match if I remember right. Then again, it used to cost triple what it does now to move mods around, so it's kind of a wash.

I hate doing dailies for cash too, but it's a necessary evil. At 55, you can burn through Black Hole in about 15 minutes, 30 if you do the heroic, and get close to 100k. Section X takes about 20 minutes, 30 with the heroic, and is close to another 100k. That's a pretty big chunk of change for an hour or so of grinding. The Belsavis, Ilum, and Makeb dailies take a lot more time to complete, but there is some good cash to be had there too. Bring a few friends and it cuts the time in half.

Just doing the dailies, you can get 500-600k or more.
What do yo mean it doesn't? Moving top-end mods around and augmenting your gear most certainly costs far too much (in my opinion) in relation to a PvPer's "income". Claiming something is a "necessary evil" just because it is part of the existing system does not make the existing system correct

Kattla
04.27.2013 , 12:04 PM | #9
Since i would benefit from this, i support this idea of course.
And the more the merrier.
The Sniperwolf legacy.
Q-t , Seolfor and Karmřy @ The Progenitor.
Kattl @ The Red Eclipse.
Purrbo - TOFN

Jherad
04.27.2013 , 12:22 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
I hate doing dailies for cash too, but it's a necessary evil.
I'll be so glad when the last of the MMO 'Oh, you want to have some fun doing X? That must be balanced by UNFUN doing Y' mentality goes the way of the dodo and dinosaurs along with EQ mob spawn camping, corpse runs and trains to zone.

There is absolutely no logical reason why PvP shouldn't provide slightly larger monetary rewards than they do now.

'Necessary evil' is a silly concept. It's only 'necessary' because the devs haven't implemented something better yet.
Zacharďah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol