Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Smash Crazyness


Coldin's Avatar


Coldin
04.27.2013 , 01:30 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post

And if they're not in Shii-Cho form, I just ignore them.
Vigilance spec is pretty nice these days. You should try it.

Admittedly, it's only single-target, which is why it pales in comparison to focus. Which is why focus/rage spec is crazy.

Tycoon's Avatar


Tycoon
04.27.2013 , 01:32 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
Depends on whether or not they have singularity up. If they don't, I lol because I now have EXTRA (on top of the already ample amount) time to react. If they do, I choke or stun them and spam freezing force and lol all the way to the bank, because they can't reach me anymore.

And if they're not in Shii-Cho form, I just ignore them.
If you are able to tell what spec they are in then you obviously got the jump on them, and not the other way around. So therefore there is more time for you to react. However, I made it very clear that I was talking about a smash spec getting the jump on you. You would know that if you weren't such a pretentious noob.

Kehtal's Avatar


Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 01:35 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Coldin View Post
Well, call me a bad player, but I have difficulty of keeping track of 3 smashers in a warzone and how many stacks of what they have, what stance they are in, and what spec they are. Even so. They can leap to me, I'm immobile, and then immediately smash. I'm not sure exactly what I'm supposed to do in this situation besides stun, which is on cooldown more often than smash. And what do I do when more than one leap to me, or someone near me?

It's an overpowered spec, and it needs retuned. Make it deal 6-8k damage if you want, but have that only be single target.
What you're suggesting would break the spec, and anyway I rarely see smashers hit harder than 9k. The ones that do are usually exploiting bolster. I don't think they ever hit my tank harder than 6k.


I'm sorry, it's just not that hard to react to. The spec does ONE thing. One smasher is not a problem. Two are annoying if they work together, but I'd rather see two coordinated smashers on a team than two snipers.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Kehtal's Avatar


Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 01:38 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Tycoon View Post
If you are able to tell what spec they are in then you obviously got the jump on them, and not the other way around. So therefore there is more time for you to react. However, I made it very clear that I was talking about a smash spec getting the jump on you. You would know that if you weren't such a pretentious noob.
Someone who gets the jump on you should have the advantage.


That's why they call it "getting the jump".


In any case, I do a lot of taunting and peeling so I generally figure out who the smashers are pretty quick. After that, their names/appearance don't USUALLY change. And I have their number for the rest of the match.

If you're a dps, you should figure the above out just as quickly.

If you're a healer, don't worry about it. I got this. (Same goes for DPS. I'm an equal opportunity guard bouncer.)
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

JeffersonKc's Avatar


JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 01:44 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
What you're suggesting would break the spec, and anyway I rarely see smashers hit harder than 9k. The ones that do are usually exploiting bolster. I don't think they ever hit my tank harder than 6k.


I'm sorry, it's just not that hard to react to. The spec does ONE thing. One smasher is not a problem. Two are annoying if they work together, but I'd rather see two coordinated smashers on a team than two snipers.
Youre actually wrong and its now its clear your just trolling this guy, play smash spec or gods gift to pvp. No one can tell if the 3 smash monkeys leaping in are in a certain form, and have a counter ready. You just die. And if you do make a run for it their saber throw or scream hits for 10k as well.... Its hardly the only powerful hit in their arsenal.

Kehtal's Avatar


Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 01:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffersonKc View Post
Youre actually wrong and its now its clear your just trolling this guy, play smash spec or gods gift to pvp. No one can tell if the 3 smash monkeys leaping in are in a certain form, and have a counter ready. You just die. And if you do make a run for it their saber throw or scream hits for 10k as well.... Its hardly the only powerful hit in their arsenal.
Hmm. I've never seen a smash monkey three shot someone.


Yeaaah, one of us is trolling here. That's for sure.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

JeffersonKc's Avatar


JeffersonKc
04.27.2013 , 02:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kehtal View Post
Hmm. I've never seen a smash monkey three shot someone.


Yeaaah, one of us is trolling here. That's for sure.
Its probably not happen to you because you are a tank or just that leet. Not questioning your abbility to play, as I am sure you are good judging by your knowledge of the class. But that does not change the fact that its an OP skill. Do I play through it? Yes. Does it break pvp for me? No. But you acting like its not in the least bit OP is just silly and goes against what a LOT of people are saying.
Bet you believe heals are on par too huh?

Kehtal's Avatar


Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 02:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffersonKc View Post
Its probably not happen to you because you are a tank or just that leet. Not questioning your abbility to play, as I am sure you are good judging by your knowledge of the class. But that does not change the fact that its an OP skill. Do I play through it? Yes. Does it break pvp for me? No. But you acting like its not in the least bit OP is just silly and goes against what a LOT of people are saying.
Bet you believe heals are on par too huh?
II totally disbelieve any claim that force scream hits for 10k. Show me proof of it happening CONSISTENTLY against comparably geared targets (vs situationally with Inspiration + Red buff + power procs ), and maybe I'll agree with you.

As it is, we have some very good smashers in our guild, and they "only" seem to hit particularly squishy targets for 9k, which single-target-wise, is about on par with every other dps class but vanguard. AOE wise I think it's "fine", considering they don't do much else.

Show me someone who smashes comparably geared targets for 12-14k (without exploiting bolster) and I'll agree it's probably OP. As it stands, it just doesn't happen, or I haven't seen it happen, and I PvP a lot.


Is it simple, cheesy, boring? Personally, yeah, I'd agree with that.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

Kehtal's Avatar


Kehtal
04.27.2013 , 02:10 PM | #29
Whooooops.
Windforce
Kiavi (retired)
<S Key>

alexsamma's Avatar


alexsamma
04.27.2013 , 02:19 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sauerkraut View Post
Dude a stim pack heals, for 12-14K, a healer for 10K anytime, do we relay need that much heal?
Warzone medpack heals for 35% of your maximum HP, most people have less than 30k hp:

30,000 x .35 = 10,500

Also, a healer will not hit 10k often, even on their biggest heal, let's take a sage for example:

Deliverance: 2.4 second cast time, average crit heal: 9k
Smash: instant cast, (my) average crit: 9k (though hitting 10k+ is not rare)

One can be interrupted - better yet, i could leap to interrupt the cast, smash for 10k, then blade storm for 3-4k...

Smash is OP,the only nerf it received was the buff to ranged DPS.