Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP - double premade teams - possible Solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP - double premade teams - possible Solution

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
04.27.2013 , 08:38 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Covaltage View Post
If you honestly believe the stuff you posted, join a guild or hit up Fleet General chat for premades. I really don't get how this is unfair since everyone is allowed to do it and everyone knows it's the best way to do WZs. Can you imagine if every match included 2 premades on either side? You could never complain about team composition again!
super Qs are not "allowed." they purposely circumvent the matchmaking system. if you're talking about grps in general, then my apologies. however, I do not think that's what the op is referring to.
Krackerjäck VG | Krackerjak PT | Krackcommando | Deinon Merc | other stuff on Jedi Covenant.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Happy_Puppy's Avatar


Happy_Puppy
04.27.2013 , 09:17 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
The problem is, changing this would make the experience less enjoyable for the premades.

I'm serious too, the system in place pretty clearly favors grouping premades with other premades against full pugs so that the premades will have the most enjoyable experience.
Or they can go play ranked.. that's why they made ranked pvp for the pre-mades.. not for the solo que people.

DarthRaika's Avatar


DarthRaika
04.27.2013 , 10:23 PM | #13
That is not a solution buckman. If you get in or form a good premade most of your matches will consist of pugstomping even if there are several other premades q'n up. For people that are bad and want to feel better this is a solution. Actually good pvprs want some challenge.

This is why I wish MMO's were more mainstream. Most competitive people in mainstream activities (basketball pick up games for instance) try for somewhat even matches. They want to win but they don't want extremely uneven games to get these wins.

Lasica's Avatar


Lasica
04.28.2013 , 12:38 AM | #14
The only solutions to the premade problem is to remove premades from non-ranked warzones. It's an easy solution, it could be coded in an afternoon but they haven't done it. Therefore they don't want to do it, so we are stuck with premades. Live with it.

Jaberwokker's Avatar


Jaberwokker
04.28.2013 , 02:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DharmaPolice View Post
I'm always skeptical about players who claim to be good but never solo queue. If you're grouped with a competent tank+healer pair than as a dps it takes very little skill to achieve great results, especially as a lot of the time you'll be playing random PUGs some of whom will have very poor team composition (e.g no healers) or who will have two people quit as soon as they fall behind.

Yes, good players tend to group up more often than not. But for me, a good player is someone who can do well both with and without a great team. There are plenty of mediocre players who are carried by their premades - and they're often the ones who you never see alone.
Full agreement, all the PREMADE crowd want is to massage thier own Ego's and get easy kills on pugs. Anyone suggesting anything else is either fooling themself or a liar.

If the premade crowds want to do group, thats fine let them. Lets make it pug vs pug and premade vs premade. Then they cant whine about how unfair it is because they can always queue solo.
Of course thats not what the premade crowd want at all.... is it? Methinks they just like easy kills.

Gandrake's Avatar


Gandrake
06.26.2014 , 01:31 PM | #16
I agree with 1st poster. This is absurd to have 2 premade teams on one side against a bunch of pugs. I am geared and have knowledge of how to pvp, but, doesn't matter when two fully geared 4 man teams get on one team against a bunch of pugs. They rip through up like Hot Knives through butter. I know how it works. I have characters in guilds that q at exactly the same instant and get in matches together all the time. It's not fair play and needs to be negated.

Raazmir's Avatar


Raazmir
06.26.2014 , 02:26 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jaberwokker View Post
Full agreement, all the PREMADE crowd want is to massage thier own Ego's and get easy kills on pugs. Anyone suggesting anything else is either fooling themself or a liar.

If the premade crowds want to do group, thats fine let them. Lets make it pug vs pug and premade vs premade. Then they cant whine about how unfair it is because they can always queue solo.
Of course thats not what the premade crowd want at all.... is it? Methinks they just like easy kills.
I premade because I want to group with people who have grasped the basic competencies of the game. Anything I can do to increase the chance that the people im playing with call inc early and with numbers while node guarding, understands resolve and how it works, has throw huttball hotkeyed, can do the basic math on hypergate so knows when to fall back to defend the node or when we have to make an attempt at double capping, doesn't run off to the off node in civil war in plain view of the entire other team getting intercepted before they get halfway there and wiping us both there and at mid, knows how to use an interrupt ability, and isn't going to ragequit in a huff the instant the first thing goes wrong, im going to do it.

Deal with it or up your game, they aren't going to be adding more queues.
Mk'dermott 55 Sniper
Makkant 55 powertech

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
06.26.2014 , 04:02 PM | #18
So people say that premades are baddies who need other people to win right? Well I premade all the time and I am the no. 1 ranked guardian on my server. I have never q synced in yolo q's either. I mean with that analogy shouldn't I be in the bottom of the rankings because I premade and Im supposedly bad? I also q for ranked 4's all the time. I'm the one utilizing all aspects of pvp and how is it the pugs who only solo q REGS ***** about it.

For all of these so called self righteous pugz why don't you try and form a team with equally skilled pugz and q for ranked. Let's see how you fair against the top pvp teams. It's easy to say q for ranked if you are going to premade and I will retort by saying it's just as easy for you to start your own group and premade. Pugs choose not to do it so why should anybody go out of there way to help you if you won't help yourselves?
W. O. X.
Karyoten-Moubu-Hyou-KouChan

MrGoldsilver's Avatar


MrGoldsilver
06.26.2014 , 04:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Raazmir View Post
I premade because I want to group with people who have grasped the basic competencies of the game. Anything I can do to increase the chance that the people im playing with call inc early and with numbers while node guarding, understands resolve and how it works, has throw huttball hotkeyed, can do the basic math on hypergate so knows when to fall back to defend the node or when we have to make an attempt at double capping, doesn't run off to the off node in civil war in plain view of the entire other team getting intercepted before they get halfway there and wiping us both there and at mid, knows how to use an interrupt ability, and isn't going to ragequit in a huff the instant the first thing goes wrong, im going to do it.

Deal with it or up your game, they aren't going to be adding more queues.
This is how i feel. I premade so i can have some competence on my team, instead of 2-3 derps.
My sniper has a (Nerfed) Orbital Strike,Your argument is invalid
Engineering Sniper Forever!
-Lords of Legacy- -WookieGroomers-
-The Harbinger-

Zunayson's Avatar


Zunayson
06.26.2014 , 05:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MrGoldsilver View Post
This is how i feel. I premade so i can have some competence on my team, instead of 2-3 derps.
This^ and the poster above him.

I don't want easy wins per se, but let's be honest, do you think LeBron James ought to win at basketball? Let's just say that he was the best at basketball... if basketball is a competition of skill, he should be entitled to be able to wipe the floor with anyone, because he's better (be it due to genetics, "gear" lol, practice, or whatever).

But when he totally carries the Heat but still loses the championship even after scoring like a third of his team's points, he deserves to be mad. LeBron is clearly NOT a terribad that needs others to carry him, he just wants to actually win, and let's be honest, he sort of deserves it.

I'm not the best TOR player. I'm pretty bad sometimes. But the sheer fact that I don't make these retarded mistakes like CC'ing a white bar'd target, and can nonverbally communicate MUCH better than the average pug-baddie leads me to believe that I am entitled to beat them, and any non-skill factors that impede on this are terrible design.

That said, I premade so I don't have to carry people. I guarantee everybody that most of the premades that cream you guys aren't doing it because they have a healer per se, its because that healer KNOWS HOW TO HEAL.


Call me entitled, a jerk, a baddie, or whatever you want.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box