Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP - double premade teams - possible Solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP - double premade teams - possible Solution

pmautes
04.27.2013 , 07:53 AM | #1
You all know the problem. if you play warzones and you just meet double premades means, 8 premades on 1 wz which is made by 2 grps joining queque at same time, and just choose to join if they both get invite at the same time... thats just retarded and unfair, since u can chose how many heals etc. u will have.
-----
Solution:
Retrict the PvP matchmaking to a limit of 4 Premade player slots and 4 slots for solo sign-in per team.
And u could add the choice for 8-player queque to only play against 8 player premades too, like a unranked version for the rating games...

Those 8 ppl premades just mess the pvp part of the game, they tear apart most random grps, not because of skill just because of teamspeak and preparation (better geared/better setup) and nothing is said against having fun with mates, but winning without any skill required is not a option.

And, bw u talked about skill and fairness with bolster because gear means no skill required... the 8man premade is for me the same like a max-geared guy hiting an alternative in 2-3hits...

Scotland
04.27.2013 , 08:08 AM | #2
Another one of these
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

pmautes
04.27.2013 , 08:26 AM | #3
well you know, playing 8man premade too, since its better to search 15min to win 5 matches in a row instead of 0min searching and losing 2 of 3... its just pretty unfair, nothing else. if u dont think so, you might be right (but probably not)

SomeJagoff
04.27.2013 , 08:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by pmautes View Post
You all know the problem. if you play warzones and you just meet double premades means, 8 premades on 1 wz which is made by 2 grps joining queque at same time, and just choose to join if they both get invite at the same time... thats just retarded and unfair, since u can chose how many heals etc. u will have.
-----
Solution:
Retrict the PvP matchmaking to a limit of 4 Premade player slots and 4 slots for solo sign-in per team.
And u could add the choice for 8-player queque to only play against 8 player premades too, like a unranked version for the rating games...

Those 8 ppl premades just mess the pvp part of the game, they tear apart most random grps, not because of skill just because of teamspeak and preparation (better geared/better setup) and nothing is said against having fun with mates, but winning without any skill required is not a option.

And, bw u talked about skill and fairness with bolster because gear means no skill required... the 8man premade is for me the same like a max-geared guy hiting an alternative in 2-3hits...
The problem is, changing this would make the experience less enjoyable for the premades.

I'm serious too, the system in place pretty clearly favors grouping premades with other premades against full pugs so that the premades will have the most enjoyable experience.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Covaltage
04.27.2013 , 09:16 AM | #5
If you honestly believe the stuff you posted, join a guild or hit up Fleet General chat for premades. I really don't get how this is unfair since everyone is allowed to do it and everyone knows it's the best way to do WZs. Can you imagine if every match included 2 premades on either side? You could never complain about team composition again!

throapy
04.27.2013 , 10:20 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by pmautes View Post
-----
Solution:

Get some friends then. LOL

DarthRaika
04.27.2013 , 01:22 PM | #7
LOL. Isis if you believe that then I am sure you are a horrible player. I have led great pvp guilds in other games. The most important thing good pvprs want is an even match. They want premade matching.

MMOs also have another group of losers though. These are the people that fail both irl and ingame. They want to feel better then they are. So they take advantage of having better gear and then they form perfect composition premades. Their goal is to stomp pugs. After awhile these people then think they are good players. However, they still suck. Anyone with good gear and a good composition can beat a group of pugs most of the time.

Good players actually refuse to premade too much right now (or actually most already quit the game).

I for one would love to premade but I refuse to until they add premade matching. Pugstomping is fun sometimes but it requires no skill. Don't think you are a good player isis.

The only real skills in mmo play relate to situational awareness. A player in a good premade fighting a group of pugs does not need any situational awareness to do well. So there you go.

HuaRya
04.27.2013 , 07:08 PM | #8
This is the best snapshot of my experience pvp'ing mostly as a pugger since battlemaster was the shiznet. Here we have nice shiny firebrand dangling in the face of these premades and yet they won't set foot in ranked. All the premade pvp guilds in Jedi Covenant sadly play non-ranked.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaika View Post
LOL. Isis if you believe that then I am sure you are a horrible player. I have led great pvp guilds in other games. The most important thing good pvprs want is an even match. They want premade matching.

MMOs also have another group of losers though. These are the people that fail both irl and ingame. They want to feel better then they are. So they take advantage of having better gear and then they form perfect composition premades. Their goal is to stomp pugs. After awhile these people then think they are good players. However, they still suck. Anyone with good gear and a good composition can beat a group of pugs most of the time.

Good players actually refuse to premade too much right now (or actually most already quit the game).

I for one would love to premade but I refuse to until they add premade matching. Pugstomping is fun sometimes but it requires no skill. Don't think you are a good player isis.

The only real skills in mmo play relate to situational awareness. A player in a good premade fighting a group of pugs does not need any situational awareness to do well. So there you go.

Lasica
04.27.2013 , 07:31 PM | #9
Well on my server there is only one premade that is actually any good. The rest are terrible. They might all be from the same guild, they might be using voice chat... doesn't mean they are any good.

buckman
04.27.2013 , 08:00 PM | #10
Solution: Join a PvP guild and run your own premades.