Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Exploiters Need to be Punished

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Exploiters Need to be Punished

sanchito's Avatar


sanchito
04.27.2013 , 06:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
1-2 week suspension is a pretty fair punishment, if it's a second offense, then perma-ban is the only option.
i'd like to be proven wrong. i'd bet all my credits that i'm right though

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
04.27.2013 , 07:01 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Although i do think you should calm down a tad, i do agree that these people who are openly exploiting the augment bug should be punished one way or another.

Anger doesn't get you heard, it will only attract the wrong people.
I'm not angry at anyone in this post right now, I'm angry at how this is being handled. It's encouraging exploiting. And I'm angry that I see good, honest, fun to play with/against people leaving this game because NOTHING is being done. I have patience, I understand bugs take time to fix, I can wait til they are fixed. But really to see exploiters get away with repeatedly exploiting the system, and to see honest players giving up and leaving because of said exploiting. I don't want my game to be devoid of honest, good players, and filled with exploiting hackers. I want to know that when I lose to someone, they beat me because they were better than me, not because they abused a bug.

Scotland's Avatar


Scotland
04.27.2013 , 07:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
I'm not angry at anyone in this post right now, I'm angry at how this is being handled. It's encouraging exploiting. And I'm angry that I see good, honest, fun to play with/against people leaving this game because NOTHING is being done. I have patience, I understand bugs take time to fix, I can wait til they are fixed. But really to see exploiters get away with repeatedly exploiting the system, and to see honest players giving up and leaving because of said exploiting. I don't want my game to be devoid of honest, good players, and filled with exploiting hackers. I want to know that when I lose to someone, they beat me because they were better than me, not because they abused a bug.
First of all, it isn't hacking.

Second, you are still very angry and like i said before, WILL NOT get you the responses you deserve/want.

EliteHippie's Avatar


EliteHippie
04.27.2013 , 07:28 AM | #14
LOL, no logical company would hand out bans for a wide reaching issue like this that is this easy to do.

fleshtaker's Avatar


fleshtaker
04.27.2013 , 07:32 AM | #15
You cannot ban somone for playing the game as it stands its not an exploit its just a fail system

Scotland's Avatar


Scotland
04.27.2013 , 07:33 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by fleshtaker View Post
You cannot ban somone for playing the game as it stands its not an exploit its just a fail system
You're very very wrong.

It is exploiting.
If they ban people or not, it is still an exploit.

Twin's Avatar


Twin
04.27.2013 , 07:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
You're very very wrong.

It is exploiting.
If they ban people or not, it is still an exploit.
Yeah it is...though i kinda agree it's a fail system and the first persons to get punishment should be the BW's Q/A lol...
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Scotland's Avatar


Scotland
04.27.2013 , 07:37 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
Yeah it is...though i kinda agree it's a fail system and the first persons to get punishment should be the BW's Q/A lol...
I couldn't agree more.

Draqsko's Avatar


Draqsko
04.27.2013 , 07:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by EliteHippie View Post
LOL, no logical company would hand out bans for a wide reaching issue like this that is this easy to do.
I'm not advocating banning, I am advocating something be done. Roll back comm gains, for example. They don't even need to have a human doing this, it's pretty easy to have a computer detect when someone hits 40k+ hp in a warzone, that's a definate red flag right there.

Heck, they could just increase the comm gains for being on the losing side until everything is fixed with bolster. But to do nothing, while some people are repeatedly exploiting every bug incrementally so that they will persistently have a longer advantage over those not exploiting, until everything is fixed and then they have the gear advantage until non-exploiters finally catch up, is reprehensible.

And it is not as far reaching as you think. Yes it is far reaching now because of the lack of repercussions, but most of those who are now using the exploits are doing it to level the field and be competitive. If given the option, the vast majority of people would not exploit, but it's no option to sit there and get your face smashed in repeatedly. Just look at the forum posts for removing bolster because of these exploits, do you honestly think that the original exploiters are the ones calling to remove it? Some people exploit in response, but others are just quitting PVP and doing PVE, and still others are leaving the game entirely. Doing nothing, results in SWTOR PVP taking a huge "arrow to the knee."

Purple-Punch's Avatar


Purple-Punch
04.27.2013 , 09:28 AM | #20
It costs credits to remove augments. The upgrade to stats in a warzone still comes with a price. I say its pretty fair or else they wouldnt be charging you to do it.

Lol at the kiddies calling for suspensions/bans for players using this feature in warzones. The bolster system is such a fail that you have no hoice but to use the augment feature to stay competitive.

Developers put these features in game on purpose.

Like contra, up up down down left right left right b a b a select start