Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Old Republic Insider - April 2013

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Old Republic Insider - April 2013
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthZaul
04.26.2013 , 02:06 PM | #11
Looks good but I hope there's some actual content in 2.1 as well as cathar and customization stuff, even if its only 1 flashpoint.

chuixupu
04.26.2013 , 02:26 PM | #12
As long as the little things like armor dies, hair, eye color are easily handled by CC stipend, I'm not fussed. I expect species changes to be more expensive. You have to pay real money even in WoW for that. But I'm also completely prepared to pay extra money if it means I can add cool things that aren't already existing in game to my characters. I don't know if that will happen in 2.1, but I certainly do hope for lots of new customization options to come eventually (including ship customization)
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

LarryRow
04.26.2013 , 02:31 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Cathar - Am I the only person who doesn't think Cathar are anything to write home about?
No, sir. You are not.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Aluano
04.26.2013 , 02:32 PM | #14
So when will we see this patch on live servers?

Elfa
04.26.2013 , 02:33 PM | #15
Armor Recolor, Hurray!!

I just Sith-ed my pants...
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

beasthunt
04.26.2013 , 02:42 PM | #16
I was excited about everything until the guy kept saying that one poisonous word.......Cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel, cartel. I know you pay 15 bucks a month but here pay more for something basic like armor dye and a barber shop.

Cartel Market
"Maverik Matuso will be my name.
Killing for teh lewt will be my game"

DimmuJanKaarl
04.26.2013 , 02:48 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by hillerbees View Post
Cathar - Am I the only person who doesn't think Cathar are anything to write home about?
Definitely not. Am I the only person that feels that the Cathar species seems like a major cop-out since all they had to do was re-shade and maybe tweek a few facial nurbs on existing models?

I am all about new features and the character customization interface looks cool. However, just prior to 2.0 rolling out I had been away about a year, all the while maintaining my subscription. Some people can imagine the huge kickin the nuts I felt when I came back to discover the cartel market system. In my opinion, subbers should not only be able to access things not available through the market so that non-subbers have no way to access them, i.e., no temporary or limited access via cartel coins, but there should also be more things that subbers don't have to pay for that are available on the market. I.e., subscriptions really should be in lieu of having to buy things on the cartel market.

A good example might be, just as some items have the "bought via cartel market" icon on them, some items could have a "subscribers only" icon on them, like the armor dyes. Make them craftable, but have crafted armor dyes have a "Bind to Subscriber" status. I already pay to play. I shouldn't have to pay for additional features.
**Von-Gorgoroth Legacy** [[Jedi Covenant]] LIVING LEGEND ||MASTER CRAFTSMAN|| //Founder// ::
Dimmu'jan-kaarl 55 Sentinel Jezethra 55 Gunslinger Gel'amina 55 Sage Lytherila 55 Vanguard
Melitina 55 Sniper Karintha 55 Sorcerer ma 55 Powertech Lilithra 55 Juggernaut

JLazarillo
04.26.2013 , 02:54 PM | #18
Yes, yes, these features are coming. I'm not sure a promo video that reminds us that stuff that's been long-in-coming anyway and generally pretty well known is all that exciting, especially when it's all about how we can pay extra for it, rather than just, y'know, feel like our subscription means something.

Chickensevil
04.26.2013 , 03:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
So when will we see this patch on live servers?
Likely the standard 6 to 8 weeks.... Don't know why you would expect any different of a timeframe. We are currently in the middle of week 3 BTW (unless they aren't actually counting the early access week... in which case we are in like week 2...)

Given that they have already announced a lot of this stuff, I would expect it closer to 6 weeks, because this is a really EARLY announcement.
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Izorii
04.26.2013 , 03:02 PM | #20
Everything so far in 2.1 seems to be cartel market based. What are the subscribers getting and will all new content be Cartel market and level 55?