Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Blade Storm" in Lore

bionamaster
04.25.2013 , 06:18 PM | #1
Hello, guys. I've been curious about the Blade Storm ability for Jedi Knights. For those who don't know what it is, it's the Knight equivalent of the Warriors Force Scream ability. It seems to be an arc of colored light projected from the casters blade, reminiscent in animation of a Saber Throw without the hilt attached. I haven't seen it in any context other then SWTOR, so I was wondering: Does this Force Power exist in Canon outside of being a Jedi Knight ability? And if so, what is it's name?

Thanks,

Bionamaster
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

Selenial
04.26.2013 , 10:04 AM | #2
Interesting Question... I've wondered this myself...
Beni? Aubere? Any ideas?
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
04.26.2013 , 10:12 AM | #3
To be honest, I had never heard of such a power. I do believe that it is a new power.

Here's the wiki link.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
04.26.2013 , 10:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
To be honest, I had never heard of such a power. I do believe that it is a new power.

Here's the wiki link.
It is from what I looked up, came to the same result its just a new power. Also and me Selenial. :P However until its shown in a cutscene, novel/comic or guide, its just a game power.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

TalonVII
04.26.2013 , 12:17 PM | #5
I'd never heard of it before SWtOR, but I don't see how it isn't feasible. I mean people can do telekinetic blasts, why not send a blast off your lightsaber.

Though honestly reminds me of the anime bleach and getsuga tencho.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

Airmo
04.26.2013 , 01:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
I'd never heard of it before SWtOR, but I don't see how it isn't feasible. I mean people can do telekinetic blasts, why not send a blast off your lightsaber.

Though honestly reminds me of the anime bleach and getsuga tencho.
Exactly what I think every time I use it, what's cooler then a sword that shoots laser beams? A laser sword that shoots laser beams! Lasers a fun a word...
"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking. It allows us to be honest with ourselves, to express those values that we would disavow in the light. The light blinds us. It is only in the dark that we see clearly."

bionamaster
04.26.2013 , 02:19 PM | #7
Huh, a totally new Force power! I shall call it, Force Single-color Rainbow! Wait, no, uh, Force Lightsaber Laser! Force Sword Beam? Hmm, Blade Storm is starting to grow on me.

Jokes aside, thanks for the answers, guys! I'm now one question closer to understanding the Force!
Reminder: Mechanized posting is for non-trolling business only. Enjoy your stay.
Parrius, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel Parian, Level 20 Commando
Tremarr Legacy, CE Subbed since Launch, Shadowlands Server
For the Republic!

ZahirS
04.26.2013 , 08:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Interesting Question... I've wondered this myself...
Beni? Aubere? Any ideas?
Found out this ability is basically a incapacitating blow by throwing kinetic wave of air/energy, in the game it also produces an effect of protecting the Guardian,

Only appears in Old republic too