Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

slapping myself 4 times....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
slapping myself 4 times....

ImmortalLowlife
04.25.2013 , 07:08 AM | #1
Yes I must. I'm a subscriber & I just wasted cartel coins buying medical probe droids because I thought they'd let me "repair my armor in the field"....new players don't make the same mistake I did. Lol
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Takin_A_Sith
04.25.2013 , 08:47 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
Yes I must. I'm a subscriber & I just wasted cartel coins buying medical probe droids because I thought they'd let me "repair my armor in the field"....new players don't make the same mistake I did. Lol
Hey but I bet you won't ever do that again.

ImmortalLowlife
04.29.2013 , 07:15 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Takin_A_Sith View Post
Hey but I bet you won't ever do that again.
Lol true!
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Syas
04.29.2013 , 12:14 PM | #4
If it makes you feel any better, I bought the Speeder unlocks on my Level 50 Commando thinking they were account wide. Heck of way to spend 600+ Cartel Coins
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Jayshames
04.29.2013 , 12:18 PM | #5
if it makes you feel any better I've spent over 5k cartel coins on an account I don't even play anymore.
0 credit gain from them too.

KBerling
04.29.2013 , 12:23 PM | #6
My worst was buying 2 additional character creation slots with a brand new alt. I then decided I didn't like his name and deleted him before opening the slot packs. Almost 10 bucks. Poof!

blindxsecrets
04.29.2013 , 12:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KBerling View Post
My worst was buying 2 additional character creation slots with a brand new alt. I then decided I didn't like his name and deleted him before opening the slot packs. Almost 10 bucks. Poof!
Omg. Did you post a ticket? You couldn't get them back?? Ouch! I would have cried, lol. The only mistake I made that I can think of is opening a pack on the wrong server. >.< I wasn't paying any attention to what toon I was on, got all excited for a new pack and just opened a bunch. Figures I was on the server I don't play much.
Founder of SWTOR, been here since early access! 5-year-vet of SWG. Chimaera. Chilastra. Sunrunner. Bria. <3

Click my referral you should, get free stuff....you will.

mike_is_valid
04.29.2013 , 08:51 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ImmortalLowlife View Post
there is a repair droid you can buy, good investment IMO

TaylorNova
04.30.2013 , 05:58 AM | #9
Hi , to all new players out there, welcome:

There is, quite simply an almost foolproof way to avoid buying items On the cartel market, That as subbed, You already get given or unlocked.

If you open certain packs, or most cartel Coin Things like consumables, If you click the appropriate item to bring it up
on the right hand window, If the Item has a Large **Yellow triangle With a question mark on it**, That usually means, That you already have unlimited access to this item because you subbed.

The only packs I bought when I joined was two Newcomer packs, for each of my characters, that comes With a speeder and the skill and a few other XP boosts.

I bought one newcomer pack for a young friend, opened it, and kept in my inventory for when he logged in, then I traded the speeder and skill free to him, so he could get around Taris with me.

I have seen fairly new players of 10-15 Go and buy a speeder, then find they need thousand credits to get improved speeder skill to use it. Always take time reading The information, before making a choice.

Alice

Canavet
05.01.2013 , 06:23 AM | #10
My biggest screw up to date was spending 40K on a lvl 41 customized lightsaber that would have damn near mad me invinceable. It was my first purchase and I still have it.

I was Lvl 17! Hopefully next week I get to use it...