Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heroic Space missions no longer very heroic?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Heroic Space missions no longer very heroic?

aristein
04.24.2013 , 01:14 PM | #1
So, they got rid of elite comms for heroic space missions it seems (even though they only gave 1 I think). They didn't add anything usefull to the fleet comms vender (not even level 9/10 crafting mats). Are they trying to phase out space missions or something? They hardly seem worth doing anymore.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Exastify
04.24.2013 , 01:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post
So, they got rid of elite comms for heroic space missions it seems (even though they only gave 1 I think). They didn't add anything usefull to the fleet comms vender (not even level 9/10 crafting mats). Are they trying to phase out space missions or something? They hardly seem worth doing anymore.
They're dailies now. Think of Section X. Useless rep vendor, classic comms, and a heroic that requires 4 people but rewards crap.

DarthMurdek
04.24.2013 , 01:19 PM | #3
I'm pretty sure they are.
Sounds like a good opportunity for violence.

Andryah
04.24.2013 , 01:26 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post
They hardly seem worth doing anymore.
Then don't do them.

Some people like them, some do not. If you are only in it for the rewards... and you don't like the rewards.. your answer is simple.

Or was this a QQ thread and I missed your true intention?
A Good Read ---> Truth Decay - An Initial Exploration of the Diminishing Role of Facts and Analysis in American Public Life. Source: Rand Corporation https://www.rand.org/pubs/research_reports/RR2314.html

Creovex
04.24.2013 , 01:46 PM | #5
I think my biggest issue with this is that I went out and bought the Tier 7 upgrades for this alone. Those of us who enjoy the Space Missions (rail shooters) are at a loss as not only did they lower the rewards for these missions, but they made it so it wasted around 1k in CC.

This change needs to be reverted or an optional refund of CC is in order.
"...... es...
Member since 2009...
"Yeah, I helped crash the old website by applying for beta way back when"

tortcat
04.24.2013 , 01:50 PM | #6
I would simply really like to hear a dev/staff response to the logic behind this.

I really cannot wrap my head around some replies it was done to combat botting as that made no sense to me as you could ONLY do one mission per day to get 2 elites and then 1 time a week the weekly to get 4.

Hardly worth the effort and time to bot something like that for such a low return at such great risk.

Just not possible to get enough elites to affect the market etc.

I loved them because as a working mom I could run a mission or 2 when I got home on my "work days" and gradually get a few elites as I can only play a few nights a week.

Just makes me shake my head in tryign to understand the logic on this one

aristein
04.24.2013 , 02:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Then don't do them.

Some people like them, some do not. If you are only in it for the rewards... and you don't like the rewards.. your answer is simple.

Or was this a QQ thread and I missed your true intention?
Could that not be said about any single thing about any game? If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you on the way out? If companies followed your advice, there probably wouldn't be enough people to support even keeping the game running, let alone update/expand it, in short order.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

aristein
04.24.2013 , 02:26 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tortcat View Post
I would simply really like to hear a dev/staff response to the logic behind this.

I really cannot wrap my head around some replies it was done to combat botting as that made no sense to me as you could ONLY do one mission per day to get 2 elites and then 1 time a week the weekly to get 4.

Hardly worth the effort and time to bot something like that for such a low return at such great risk.

Just not possible to get enough elites to affect the market etc.

I loved them because as a working mom I could run a mission or 2 when I got home on my "work days" and gradually get a few elites as I can only play a few nights a week.

Just makes me shake my head in tryign to understand the logic on this one
Agreed. Plus isn't elite comm gear bind on pickup anyway? So, if botters can't trade/sell the comms or the gear, how could they effect anyone? To not get even a small reward (2 elite comms a day is tiny and will take months to get a piece of gear) seems to me like they are phasing out space missions altogether....making them irrelevant first, then just not updating them.
--Thomas Jefferson

Costello
04.24.2013 , 02:33 PM | #9
Either by design or by oversight the dev team do appear to be phasing out a lot of the end game which seems a stupid thing to do given how little end game there is.

As it stands Ilum, Belsavis and the Black Hole are only worth doing if you haven't purchase the digital download. Space is not worth doing at all, crafting can replace the need to bother with basic coms and the only real content is two operations and 4 hard mode flash points.

Which is pretty much where we were a year ago and there were calls for more end game content. I don't really know what Bioware were thinking when they made this move but at best its short sighted as people get bored of the same 6 things as end content at worst its making large areas of the game pointless.

Elear
04.24.2013 , 02:40 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Exastify View Post
They're dailies now. Think of Section X. Useless rep vendor, classic comms, and a heroic that requires 4 people but rewards crap.
Dalies that you can do once per week? That's fresh.