Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thermal Regulator

Bonziuk
04.25.2013 , 05:53 PM | #21
I have had the same results as you Cernow, ran those 2 missions since the patch and with max affection and crit to slicing, 0 absolutely no thermals. I know other people of got them but I do not think this is working as intended. I am a Jedi knight for info.

rancid-one
04.25.2013 , 06:09 PM | #22
A lot of people seemed to assume, with the patch notes - that the odds of getting Thermals went up. This is not the case. The number of items which get rewarded is what increased. The odds of a crit are still abysmally low. Just keep running those missions. It's not uncommon to get 2-4 back on a successful crit now. (As opposed to the 1 you got pre-patch.)

But yes, the rare items are supposed to be rare. That is working as intended. And I personally have picked up nearly a dozen Thermal Regulators since the patch.

Haydon
04.25.2013 , 10:19 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
(...)Wealthy missions (discoveries) give 6 on a crit (plus lockbox and a new missions discovery) and 2 on a standard result.
If this is how the Wealthy missions are working for Slicing, then that seems messed up to me. Wealthy missions for all the other mission skills (Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, Diplomacy, Investigation) pay out at a rate of 4 purple materials on a normal success and 6 on a crit.

If Wealthy Slicing gets 2normal/6crit, as opposed to the more normal 4normal/6crit for all other skills, it just feels like a way to punish people who want to make augments by making their cash sink significantly larger.

[Correction: Wealthy Diplomacy missions seems to return purple materials at a rate of 3normal/4crit]

flynia
04.25.2013 , 10:55 PM | #24
Not sure about the rest of you but my Diplomacy, Investigation and Underworld Trading all seem to Crit a heck of a lot more than slicing and give around 4 Purples per Crit at the least!

I have all companions at Max rep and am still amazed by the lack of love that slicing gets.

Throw us a bone EAware!

Bonziuk
04.26.2013 , 01:14 AM | #25
Rancid, before the patch I was getting 1 thermal reg every say 7 to 8 missions, now I have got zero with 3 days worth and i have been doing them every 2 hours except sleep time. I underderstand RNG but in my experience up to now there is something not right, yes I know you get more per crit, however I believe the crit chance seems much much less than it should be, may be wrong but there is not just me seeing a zero crit since patch.

Ysuro
04.26.2013 , 11:26 PM | #26
I have been running the 2 rich and bountiful missions since patch and have gotten zero thermal regulators. Every 2 hours since patch other then sleep and gotten zero. If that is "working as intended" then I give up.

Cernow
04.27.2013 , 07:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ysuro View Post
I have been running the 2 rich and bountiful missions since patch and have gotten zero thermal regulators. Every 2 hours since patch other then sleep and gotten zero. If that is "working as intended" then I give up.
Exactly the same here. I've been queueing the Rich and Bountiful Sliciing missions pretty much constantly since the patch and have got ZERO Thermal Regulators. I'm getting to the point where I feel this has been deliberately stealth nerfed, rather than just broken.

Ysuro
04.27.2013 , 09:57 AM | #28
Or they are trying to control the number of them in the game which leaves some of us out in the cold.

Eshmael
04.27.2013 , 10:09 AM | #29
If you are running only the two stages of slicing where tr's drop on a crit, and all your companions are at 10k there is a ~11,5% chance of not getting even one crit within 30(!) runs.
If your companions aren't at 10k, your missing the bonus crit, you are using companions without +slicing crit its absolutely normal to wait for a TR for 50 and more missions.
The "Esh" Legacy - LVL 690

chriscshunter
04.29.2013 , 11:44 AM | #30
I currently have done everything to obtain thermal regulators, I have...

1. Re-rolled toons skills to slicing that had a +2 slicing crit companion
2. Maxed out those companions affection, including an HK-51
3. Used nothing less than Rich Yield Slicing Missions
4. Swapped characters back and forth for 16 hours yesterday...
5. Did 30-40 Rich Yield missions
... and you know what I got for my efforts in all this? 4 Thermal Regulators! Four!

That's grand total of 1 successful mission since the patch that apparently fixed the drop issues.... This is bullcrap. I had a +22% chance to crit, so I shoulda crit on at the very very least 5 missions giving me 10 thermal regulators... but I crited on 1!

That is impossibly bad luck. 22% of 40 is not 1... that 2.5%

I propose that a Rich yield missions, since you can only get 1 per hour per character should automatically drop 1 thermal regulator unless the mission completely fails.

How is wealthy mission going to drop 6 on a crit and 2 normal so it atleast drops 30% if you dont crit, but a damn rich yield drops 4 on crit but doesnt even give you 25% if you dont???

Bioware this is simple math. Fix the drop rates, and fix the damn numbers! Attempt number 2... because you failed yet again!