Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thermal Regulator

Doel
04.25.2013 , 05:01 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
Wealthy missions (discoveries) give 6 on a crit (plus lockbox and a new missions discovery) and 2 on a standard result.
Mmh. Thanks. Sounds a bit... off to me though. If it had given 3 for sure, for such a rare and wealthy (and expensive) mission it would have been okay, imho.

hchsiao
04.25.2013 , 05:18 AM | #12
I dunno it seems kind mess up to me. I only got 2 from wealthy mission (from 450 slicing mission object..) while I receive 4 from a rich mission. Both missions ran with Risha whom has 1000 affection.

steave
04.25.2013 , 06:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by hchsiao View Post
I dunno it seems kind mess up to me. I only got 2 from wealthy mission (from 450 slicing mission object..) while I receive 4 from a rich mission. Both missions ran with Risha whom has 1000 affection.
Bad comparsion - if you get 2 from the wealthy, the rich would have given 0. If the rich would have given you 4, the wealthy will give you 6.

Simply, wealthy are like rich but with an extra 2 regulators added on top of the standard reward, whatever that would have been.

KostonxEld
04.25.2013 , 07:07 AM | #14
I have sent out my companions with crit to slicing on the lev 51-55 rich and bounty missions over 15 times and not gotten 1 therm reg!! My other companions I send out on the lev 49-50 slic missions and get tons of the purp mats from those. Rng sucks but something must be wrong. I should be gritting on those 51-55 ones way more.

Something's wrong here BW!! Therm regs are still WAY too rare and hard to get
Bring it on Sith, the Jedi shall prevail!

Colovis
04.25.2013 , 07:18 AM | #15
Are there different "levels" of crits? I get Schematics all the time and the mission text says that my companion has done extraordinarily well, but no Regulators.

So does the fact that I got a schem mean I should have gotten a regulator? Or not necessarily?

DarthTHC
04.25.2013 , 07:33 AM | #16
I've run Watching the Watchdogs 11 times and got Thermal Regulators twice.

I've run Unsliceable 18 times and got Thermal Regulators twice.

I run them with a variety of pets, but I try to focus these missions on the ones that have +2 Crit on Slicing, and always 10k affection.

Yes it's a small sample size, but that's all I've got so far. Bottom line is Thermal Regulators are expensive - about 9,300 each by my estimation because I count the blue slicing mission returns as essentially valueless.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

steave
04.25.2013 , 10:37 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Colovis View Post
Are there different "levels" of crits? I get Schematics all the time and the mission text says that my companion has done extraordinarily well, but no Regulators.

So does the fact that I got a schem mean I should have gotten a regulator? Or not necessarily?
Only bountiful, rich and wealthy missions give purple mats for grade 9 stuff. For slicing that means "watching the watchers", "unsliceable" and the wealthy with a name I don't remember

Cernow
04.25.2013 , 05:07 PM | #18
Still seems broken to me. I've been running 450 slicing missions constantly since the patch and I've had zero Thermal Regulators drop. Yes really, none. And yes, I run the Rich and Bountiful missions only, my Slicer is 450 and I use companions with 10k affection.

Also, the lockboxes from the Rich and Bountiful missions consistantly reward only a credit box with less credits than the mission costs to run. This was supposed to be fixed too, but isn't.

With mission names like "Unsliceable" and "Credit Drain" it makes me wonder if Bioware are trolling us.

steave
04.25.2013 , 05:17 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Cernow View Post
Still seems broken to me. I've been running 450 slicing missions constantly since the patch and I've had zero Thermal Regulators drop. Yes really, none. And yes, I run the Rich and Bountiful missions only, my Slicer is 450 and I use companions with 10k affection.

Also, the lockboxes from the Rich and Bountiful missions consistantly reward only a credit box with less credits than the mission costs to run. This was supposed to be fixed too, but isn't.

With mission names like "Unsliceable" and "Credit Drain" it makes me wonder if Bioware are trolling us.
Don't run the box missions. Only "unslicable" and "watching the watchdogs" can give thermals, since they're the only rich and bountiful missions providing sliced tech parts.

Cernow
04.25.2013 , 05:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by steave View Post
Don't run the box missions. Only "unslicable" and "watching the watchdogs" can give thermals, since they're the only rich and bountiful missions providing sliced tech parts.
Yes I'm fully aware the lockbox missions don't drop the Thermal Regulators. I'm just pointing out that these are broken too and actually a money loser because the lockbox contains less credits than the mission cost to run and 9/10 you don't get anything else (and if you do it's usually some worthless schematic). So "Credit Drain" is an apt mission title.

As for Unsliceable and Watching The Watchdogs, I've been running these constantly since the patch and have had zero Thermal Regulators.