Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot use Shuttle to Tython\Ord Mantell from the Fleet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Cannot use Shuttle to Tython\Ord Mantell from the Fleet

ZeroPlus
04.24.2013 , 10:52 AM | #1
Hi,

I just noticed on two high level toons (one 55 the other 50) that I cannot use the shuttles on the Fleet that go to Tython/Ord Mantell: the destination appears "greyed out".

When did this happen? I am sure that I never had any problems in the past using these shuttles to go to Tython/Ord Mantell.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

DarthSpooky
04.24.2013 , 11:19 AM | #2
Seeing the same thing imp side trying to go to Korriban on my high level characters, seems stupid to not let us use the shuttle any more.

Adric_the_Red
04.24.2013 , 12:33 PM | #3
I suspect that came in with the much higher "fuel" cost when traveling between planets. The cost also seems to be based entirely on the level of the destination planet, not the distance traveled.

Dunno if it's what BW was thinking, but it seems as if they decided to use "fuel cost" as something of a level gate for the different planets. "Ooooh, I finally got a ship. I wanna go see what Hoth (or Tatooine, or Corellia) looks like. ... Ack! I'll go broke if I fly to all those places!" No more just going around exploring the galaxy, thanks to ridiculous travel costs.

Odd that along with adding the Achievement system, and its many "Exploration" achievements, BW decided to make exploring the galaxy orders of magnitude more expensive. I understand the need for money sinks in MMOs, but this one seems overdone to me.

ZeroPlus
04.24.2013 , 02:48 PM | #4
Thanks DarthSpooky for the information that this is also true for the Imperial Fleet and starter planets.

Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
I suspect that came in with the much higher "fuel" cost when traveling between planets. The cost also seems to be based entirely on the level of the destination planet, not the distance traveled.
Interesting idea, but the cost to fly to Tython/Ord Mantell from the Fleet is "0" (zero) credits. It is free.

I really don't understand why the option to use the starter planet shuttles is being denied to high level characters.

Is this even intended?

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ZeroPlus
04.26.2013 , 02:44 AM | #5
I just went through *all* the patch notes to see if I could find mention of this, but nothing. This change seems (to me) to be unintended.

Could someone from Bioware please chime in here and let us know if this change is intended or not?

gorokan
05.28.2013 , 05:58 AM | #6
You cannot use shuttle, but traveling by spaceship works fine.