Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Did Vader ever try to clone Padme?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Did Vader ever try to clone Padme?

ZahirS
04.22.2013 , 04:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
I wonder though, why Vader never thought of doing Emperor, cloning new body, and transfer his essence to new Vader 2.0.
If he did manage to do that, only luke at his prime would be able to stand in front of him and even then Vader would still be superior

Darthflowmotion
04.22.2013 , 04:26 PM | #12
character transfer doesn't work duh that's why bioware doesn't do it not like they are stupendous or anything.

Darthflowmotion
04.22.2013 , 04:27 PM | #13
wait.

Darth_Krushya
04.22.2013 , 11:20 PM | #14
If you consider what we know about cloning in the real world, you wouldn't need as much as a body part to collect DNA. Then take into account the advances of the Kaminoan scientists who made Jango clones. If Anakin / Vader had say, a brush with hair follicles, or an article of clothing with Padme's skin flakes. It may be possible to get DNA from them and produce a viable clone.
THE ETYA LEGACY: GOEN-TOG ETYA SEN, SUNAI-ELG-ETYA SAGE, DONAE'THEN-KYAL ETYA SCOUND, RAH'NORAI-ELG ETYA COMM, KRUSHYA-WYN'IKE ETYA SORC, TARAR-BEESE ETYA MAR, STROI'YEN-FORGG ETYA OPER, THES'SHEL-EPSE ETYA PWRTCH, KET'CHYA-YUUB ETYA GUARD, SOGLA-DYME ETYA SHADOW, KOHMEN-TOG ETYA GS, IKEN-FORGG ETYA VG, RU'THAH-DEY'IYM ETYA SIN, DE'THEL-SOHG ETYA JUG, IYSE'SHEL-EPSE ETYA MERC, GUN'NAH-SOHG ETYA SNIPE

AlexDougherty
04.23.2013 , 12:29 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
But really cloning the way they do it, is not a way to bring dead people back.

It would just create a new child that might look like the person whose clone it is when it grows up, but would not be the same person.
In the Star Wars universe the force causes a copy of the original personality to be imprinted on the new clone, so essentially it would be the same person, this even works after death.

The only downside is that if the person is force sensitive the clone will probably be crazy, if the original person is alive then the echoing of their lives via the force is maddening, if the original person is dead there is a significant chance they will remember dying, which is maddening.

I don't know if Padme was sensitive in any way to the force, but if she was this would explain why she wasn't cloned.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

tunewalker
04.24.2013 , 03:00 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
In the Star Wars universe the force causes a copy of the original personality to be imprinted on the new clone, so essentially it would be the same person, this even works after death.

The only downside is that if the person is force sensitive the clone will probably be crazy, if the original person is alive then the echoing of their lives via the force is maddening, if the original person is dead there is a significant chance they will remember dying, which is maddening.

I don't know if Padme was sensitive in any way to the force, but if she was this would explain why she wasn't cloned.
Actually the remberance of her death maybe one reason why it would have been impossible remember she died simply because after all that had happened she had lost the will to live its possible that any attempt to clone her would have just resulted in a dead clone since she would not have to will to survive the cloning proccess.

Slowpokeking
04.24.2013 , 03:38 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
Actually the remberance of her death maybe one reason why it would have been impossible remember she died simply because after all that had happened she had lost the will to live its possible that any attempt to clone her would have just resulted in a dead clone since she would not have to will to survive the cloning proccess.
I don't think so, she would know Vader still have love in her, she is probably the only chance to turn him back to the light side, why wouldn't she live?

Actually I think the whole "lost the will to survive" is stupid.

ZahirS
04.24.2013 , 06:18 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
I don't think so, she would know Vader still have love in her, she is probably the only chance to turn him back to the light side, why wouldn't she live?

Agree, Padme even cloned would be a potential threat to palpatine, and even if he managed to do it in secret, she wouldn't be the padme he knew just a clone

tunewalker
04.25.2013 , 04:41 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

Well maybe when in a world where the force is what supposedly makes life losing the will to live may be in a way the force just draining out of her after all there was no scientific reason for her death the force is the only real explination if she died because of that then the clone would die in the proccess of cloning before it even fully developed enough thats just my explination though.

JediMB
04.25.2013 , 05:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexDougherty View Post
This doesn't seem accurate, since the Clone Troopers had a great degree of individuality, and all looked different through the Force.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.