Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 03:06 PM | #1
“Ladies and gentlebeings! Welcome to the Pit! The bountiest and magnificent Giradda the Hutt salutes you!”

Round 2: Rebels vs Separatists

Welcome to the second round of Huttball Championships, where iconic Star Wars factions go head to head in a game of Huttball, the famed and feared sport of the Smuggler’s Moon. Let the shenanigans begin!

Listen up! These are the rules of Huttball! Two teams. Rebels and Separatists chosen by random draw. One ball, slippery as a greased Hutt! Grab the ball, throw the ball, get the ball over the opposing teams line anyway you can, and your team gets a point! Weapons, name calling, and cheating are all encouraged! But do not kick the ball! Hutts don’t have feet! Show our sponsor Giradda the respect he deserves!

  • Do not fly with the ball! Jumping up to platforms only, no flying and no jumping over obstacles.
  • Do not wreck the Pit! Players cannot alter or destroy the arena!
  • Uber-abilities are not allowed!
  • Do not use mind tricks! Force users cannot use mind tricks of any kind on their opponents.
  • No immortality! All players can be killed, and when they are they respawn.
  • Each team has a team leader, who are responsible for tactics and organisation.
  • Each team has a support group of four – but they cannot grab, throw or catch the ball.
  • Astromech units have an unique ability: they can hack and sabotage the fire traps and wind platforms by hooking up to base of ball holder.

So, the teams:

Rebels: From the unruly underbelly of the Galactic Empire, a small band of rebels have landed on Nar Shaddaa! The last of the Jedi and son of the Chosen One, it’s the farmboy from Tatooine: Luke Skywalker! The rogue apprentice of Darth Vader and founder of the Rebel Alliance: Galen Marek! Veteran general of the Clone Wars, and survivor of Order 66: Rahm Kota! Its the lovable droid companion and eccentric astromech: R2-D2! And in support, a squad of Alliance Special Forces.

Separatists: A wealthy assemblage of bankers and businessmen has pooled their resources to procure a team of powerful warriors! Master of Makashi and leader of the Confederacy, it’s the noble from Serenno: Count Dooku! The warlord of Kaleesh, Supreme Commander of the armies of the Confederacy and certainly not a droid: General Grievous! Nightsister, Warlord, Sith apprentice, its Dooku’s protégé: Asajj Ventress! And finally the immortal, invincible, downright disgusting Gen’Dai: Durge! And in support, a batch of Commando droids fresh off the assembly line.

The teams have assembled, the bets have been placed, it’s time to choose a side – the galaxy’s new hope or the infamous arm of the Separatist Alliance? May the winners feast on victory!

Let’s play Huttball!

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.20.2013 , 03:17 PM | #3
I like how R2-D2 needs no introduction.

I feel torn, because I love every single one of the Sep players, but I think the Rebels are simply better.

For clarification: Which Luke Skywalker are we talking about? The Empire Strikes Back? Return of the Jedi? Grand Master? (Please don't say Grand Master.)
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.20.2013 , 03:18 PM | #4
I don't see the Rebs being able to get passed Durge...like at all, in fact I don't see him going down at all. He has tanked so much ****, he sees the Jedi all in slow motion, his ridiculous healing factor and so on and so forth. Durge is the biggest obstacle here and the Seps ace in the hole.

Also Warren, I am sure Beni is smart enough to not put in GM Luke.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride's Avatar


Warren-Stride
04.20.2013 , 03:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
I don't see the Rebs being able to get passed Durge...like at all, in fact I don't see him going down at all. He has tanked so much ****, he sees the Jedi all in slow motion, his ridiculous healing factor and so on and so forth. Durge is the biggest obstacle here and the Seps ace in the hole.
I agree completely. Durge could easily crush Rahm or R2-D2, as could Grievous.

I hate to say this, but R2-D2 might be even worse than T3. He has no combat abilities whatsoever, at least not against the main players of the Seps. Maybe taking out their four support people, but other than that he has no use in this whatsoever. And that's coming from R2-D2's number one fan. I mean, I have the iPhone case and everything.

I feel like Starkiller and Skywalker are extremely over powered while R2 and Rahm are just weak. This is the same situation as last round, where the Rebels only have half a team, while the Seps have a full arsenal. Rahm would get crushed by anyone. He's just your average joe Jedi. He's also blind.

And as for scoring ability, Grievous and Ventress are crazy agile and flexible. Whereas Skywalker/Starkiller not so much. I think Seps win... unless it's Grand Master Luke. Then he just wins because "He's the best ever." Pff.

Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Also Warren, I am sure Beni is smart enough to not put in GM Luke.
I very much hope so.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.20.2013 , 03:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I agree completely. Durge could easily crush Rahm or R2-D2, as could Grievous.

I hate to say this, but R2-D2 might be even worse than T3. He has no combat abilities whatsoever, at least not against the main players of the Seps. Maybe taking out their four support people, but other than that he has no use in this whatsoever. And that's coming from R2-D2's number one fan. I mean, I have the iPhone case and everything.

I feel like Starkiller and Skywalker are extremely over powered while R2 and Rahm are just weak. This is the same situation as last round, where the Rebels only have half a team, while the Seps have a full arsenal. Rahm would get crushed by anyone. He's just your average joe Jedi. He's also blind.

And as for scoring ability, Grievous and Ventress are crazy agile and flexible. Whereas Skywalker/Starkiller not so much. I think Seps win... unless it's Grand Master Luke. Then he just wins because "He's the best ever." Pff.



I very much hope so.
Well Luke is agile and flexible, or at least he has proven to be anyway Galen I am not so sure. But ya its pretty much a 2 on 4 here for the Rebs, and that is depending on what version of Luke were using here.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 05:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
I like how R2-D2 needs no introduction.
Ha ha! Lol, I actually just forgot.

And I think were underestimating Rahm Kota here (whom in this match has his sight). He is a highly skilled Juyo duelist and possess a high level of skill in telekinesis. Able to got toe-to-toe with Galen Marek, an extremely powerful Force user. Oh, and this is ROTJ Luke. Not GM Luke who would ROFLstomp everyone.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
04.20.2013 , 05:22 PM | #8
This is pretty difficult to judge, but I think the rebels might have this one. The only real problem is Durge, but Starkiller could probably take him out.

I'll think long and hard on this one and post back with me decision.

But on a side-note. GM Skywalker would solo these guys- even Durge. Good thing it's ROTJ Luke.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.20.2013 , 05:35 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Ha ha! Lol, I actually just forgot.

And I think were underestimating Rahm Kota here (whom in this match has his sight). He is a highly skilled Juyo duelist and possess a high level of skill in telekinesis. Able to got toe-to-toe with Galen Marek, an extremely powerful Force user. Oh, and this is ROTJ Luke. Not GM Luke who would ROFLstomp everyone.
Yes Kota does, but aside from his duel with Galen....his showings against actual opponents are rather lacking. Ok so ROTJ Luke, well then that is better for the Rebs. Or do you mean Rebellion era Luke? I know a lot, just seem to put ROTJ Luke when sometimes they really mean Rebellion era which extends a little further passed ROTJ. If its just up to ROTJ, then Luke is still in the game cause he has the power/showings but am just curious is all.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 05:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes Kota does, but aside from his duel with Galen....his showings against actual opponents are rather lacking. Ok so ROTJ Luke, well then that is better for the Rebs. Or do you mean Rebellion era Luke? I know a lot, just seem to put ROTJ Luke when sometimes they really mean Rebellion era which extends a little further passed ROTJ. If its just up to ROTJ, then Luke is still in the game cause he has the power/showings but am just curious is all.
By ROTJ Luke I mean Luke at the point where he fought and defeated Darth Vader aboard the Death Star.