Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to purchase CARTEL COINS...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to purchase CARTEL COINS...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks
05.19.2013 , 02:49 AM | #21
Best buy have now too with a different pet if it helps

In the thread I linked above it had

Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post

Gamestop is a go. Ask the game advisor to check today's Game Informer in Go Stores. It's been updated with the new sku.

MorowFTW
05.19.2013 , 01:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Best buy have now too with a different pet if it helps

In the thread I linked above it had

Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post

Gamestop is a go. Ask the game advisor to check today's Game Informer in Go Stores. It's been updated with the new sku.
And I already said, Bestbuy confirmed they don't have it, and gamestop confirmed they don't have it. (Maybe its a US only thing, I don't know. I'm in Canada.)

DakotaDoc
06.06.2013 , 11:06 PM | #23
I have not purchased coins for a good 60 days, but when I did. I always used pre-paid Visa or Mastercards. Not that I don't have a normal credit card. I don't wish to put those online. I don't wish to have my wife questioning my purchase of coins. (as she naginly does) I can use cash, buy a card and buy coins. I have no recourses to buy the actual cartel coin cards. They don't exist here. So put some money on my prepaid card. I have used these cards many times before. Now I am getting the NU error like others here. I called CS and they said contact your bank, Called bank they said it is because the charge request is for a recurring purchase. Pre-paid cards cannot accept recurring purchases.

My question to bio ware is.

WHY ARE YOU SENDING A ONE TIME PAYMENT AS A RECURRING PURCHASE.?

So I call BioWare CS again. They said they don't accept prepaid Visa or Master cards. What? I have spent over $500.00 on them with your company in Cartel coins. Suddenly they don't. I know why it does not work. You People are sending a one time request purchase as a recurring purchase. WHY?.

CS kept going round and round and ended up getting a manager. Who tried the same song and dance.

Really, if you people want revenue, fix this. Fire the CS people who all decided on their own that prepaid cards are not accepted. When they have a system problem.

Again, explain why your coding a one time purchase for Cartel Coins as a Recurring purchase. Why are you doing that. That is why these are failing. And since I have found the problem, you can compensate. me for my time and frustration.
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Fix Green Lightsabers

DakotaDoc
06.06.2013 , 11:19 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Just in case it is of interest to some, Cartel coins can be bought at gamestop

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=636801&page=2
Why do they make us jump through hoops to give them money? This is FAIL business practice..
[█╣╣╣()╣╣▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ Fix Green Lightsabers

nukchuu
06.07.2013 , 12:47 AM | #25
For those of you who have had this problem, I too had this error message. I was able to purchase cartel coins by making a pay pal account and using that to purchase my coins. I admit it is a bit of a hassle but it worked for me. And it was a pre-paid credit card i used to make my pay pal account.. I imagine reg credit card will work fine. So this is another option. Hope this helps. *may the force be with you* lol

gyveruk
06.12.2013 , 03:39 PM | #26
i have also been getting the message "This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow" and I called customer service and was told there has been put in place a limit/cap on amount of cartel coins a person can buy, but the amount that the limit is, is unknown by customer service (sounds stupid I know) and was told wait 24hr and try again and If that does not work I have to wait 30 days before system resets and allows me to buy coins again, I waited 24hr and tried again and still was unable so this means I have to wait 30days and then see if I can buy coins..

Kodiak
06.12.2013 , 06:40 PM | #27
I have the same issue myself. I have contacted customer support and they have told me to wait 24 hours...which I did and still not able to purchase anything. My only fix with 2.2 coming out and wanting to get some of the new cartel packs was to go to Best Buy. Having to get up and go to a store to get Cartel Coins is very inconvenient.

For those that are having trouble with Cartel Coins at Best Buy...go find a gaming kiosk. It's a touch screen over in the gaming area. Type in the SKU for the Cartel Coins. That number is 8919082. If you put that in...it will pull up the cartel coins receipt. You then take that up front and pay. Your code will be on the receipt.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Liaison | International Guild

JuntaStar
06.16.2013 , 03:12 PM | #28
i had the same problem using mozilla. It would just not work. i switched to internet explorer and then it worked fine. I would suggest "trying" internet explorer. Make sure your window security updates are current for what ever internet explorer you use.

Janarah
06.18.2013 , 06:55 PM | #29
well, customer service told me to wait 30 days, did this and it still doesn't work. Called today and after 30min of waiting they told me to wait another 30 days and to buy a game card. Bought a game card and the code doesn't work, so basically they have an automated system which was created by an absolute moron and breaks peoples accounts and doesn't even accept their own prepaid cards. I'm getting a little sick of the lack of customer assistance which is around for this game.

SukaShen
06.18.2013 , 07:26 PM | #30
I am also a VISA user (not pre-paid) and have not been able to purchase cartel coins successfully since May 28th (approx. 2 1/2 weeks). I have contacted customer service both in-game and via phone and have not been able to fix the issue. I have contacted my credit company and it is not a credit issue. They told me that there were no blocks on my card and that they would put a special note in to allow future purchases from SWTOR.com just in case. This also did not solve the issue, so I tried using a different credit card. No luck.

I am not having any other issues purchasing items from SWTOR.com such as subscription renewals, The Hutt Cartel, etc. I am also able to redeem Game Time Cards without any problems. The only issue I am having is with the purchase of cartel coins.

When I called customer service they had me perform the following trouble shooting steps: They had me change my browser from Firefox to Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 9 (I used Chrome). Then they had me delete my credit card information and re-input it. That did not work. I still received the error message stating: This service is currently unavailable for this account. If you wish to purchase more cartel coins please call our Customer Service team or you can try again tomorrow.

I was then told that I could purchase CC cards at Walmart, should contact my credit card company again, and wait 24 hours. No luck.

Some people who have experienced this issue have solved it by waiting 30 days between purchases. Apparently their SWTOR account was blocked and every time they attempted to make a purchase the timer on their block was reset, making it so they could no longer purchase cartel coins. This is just what I've heard. I cannot confirm that this is the issue I am having.