Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Attitude - No Wonder

Master_Nate
04.19.2013 , 02:53 PM | #21
Lotta "pro advice" here but not much help...

OP, maybe you did not notice but the first time you enter Huttball you receive a new ability on your bar. If you have certain bars hidden then it may be on one of them and you could have just not saw it.

I'd suggest key binding the ability and keeping it on a hidden bar, no reason to have it viewable really unless you are a clicker. It's instant and you don't need to see it to use it, just remember which button you bind it too and you'll be just fine. A circle shows up to illustrate where you are going to be throwing it...it will be highlighted green. You are all set, good luck!
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

OKandrew
04.19.2013 , 02:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
The title of this thread is highly generalizing of a genre of this games sub base and I can't help but call it out because it's an ignorant assumption. This generalization is completely played out. Just an fyi, you'll run into a-holes no matter how you play your game at some time or another.

Your pretending like this only happens in PvP. You mean to say I can Q up for a FP/OP and not know any of the mechanics to it and expect my random teammates to be okay with that? Even if I say I'm new, if I stand in red and die and cause a wipe, they will rage at me and find someone else. If I don't interrupt the correct ability and it causes a wipe, I'll get raged at and booted.

What I am getting at is that because you weren't prepared, and it's not all your fault because this game doesn't prepare people very well for the activities they are engaging upon, you were ridiculed and put down. I assure you, this is NOT a PvP only issue...

P.S. If you screw up, don't worry about it. You are learning a new aspect of the game just don't get too hung up on what others say and you'll do just fine with experience and time committed.
If you stand in red, you deserve to be kicked.

MaximilianPower
04.19.2013 , 02:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwisp View Post
Booted mid match for sucking at ball carrying?
No, you weren't. It isn't possible to kick someone mid-match, regardless of how inept they may be (as many others have already stated). Not saying you're lying - but my guess is you simply disconnected, and you interpreted that as a kick. Try it again.

SystemProcess
04.19.2013 , 03:00 PM | #24
Obviously the OP isn't telling the whole truth, as pointed out by the fact that they couldn't have possibly been kicked without standing around doing nothing for several minutes. Until they do, I'm not inclined to give advice, because I don't appreciate being lied to.

Or a d/c, but that's pretty coincidental.
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

OKandrew
04.19.2013 , 03:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I don't understand how this hasn't been asked already but...

Why did they keep passing to
a. someone who already admitted that it was his first warzone.
b. was obviously a healer
but most importantly
c. was a SORCERER.
?

were there no juggernauts? no assassins? No powertechs? Not even a marauder?
Like seriously... who keeps passing to a self-admitted new healer, who plays the worst class in terms of survivability?
My sorc wrecks Huttballs... We pass to anyone that is open... Assuming that everyone, no matter how new they are, knows how to pass the balls again or at least heads in the right direction for a score.

Master_Nate
04.19.2013 , 03:05 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OKandrew View Post
If you stand in red, you deserve to be kicked.
There it is...it's not just PvP attitude. It's a general attitude and that was the reason I commented in this thread to begin with.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

TheNahash
04.19.2013 , 03:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by OKandrew View Post
My sorc wrecks Huttballs... We pass to anyone that is open... Assuming that everyone, no matter how new they are, knows how to pass the balls again or at least heads in the right direction for a score.
A new player has no understanding of when it's the right moment to use Extrication or Force Run or Overload or their bubble. It's confusing, mainly because if you put your bubble up (and you're not 51) you're literally out of defensive cooldowns. Passing to a sorcerer who doesn't have the experience to handle his attackers (who will be focusing him, knowing how much easier it is to get a sorc down), he will be dead in a matter of seconds.

but this is not about sorcs in particular. Anyone can score if they know what they're doing and they're LOSing, running/leaping, stunning and, most importantly, passing correctly.
When someone clearly states he doesn't and keeps ending up with the ball, it is only natural that will have a very bad first experience.

OKandrew
04.19.2013 , 03:18 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
There it is...it's not just PvP attitude. It's a general attitude and that was the reason I commented in this thread to begin with.
Herp Derp! RED! Must be a buff HERPA DERPA Doooo!!!

SlimsPicken
04.19.2013 , 04:00 PM | #29
So this is how it went down:

OP goes into game, rarely casts heals/is fairly useless and gets the ball, does not pass and dies repeatedly.

OP then gets either tells or in chat people start berating her, causing her to cast even less heals and start a long typed out response while doing nothing in game.

OP has vote kick initiated on her, but shes still engaged in chat battles and cant be bothered to move/heal/act in game, resulting in /kick.

OP comes to forum to tell sob story, tells only the half that relates to some wrong being done to her, and is shouted down about the inconsistencies in her story based on the game rules for vote kick.

news at 11.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

scraycroft
04.19.2013 , 04:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
the virtuous PVP community
I lol'd
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.