Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Attitude - No Wonder

Alphasgimaone
04.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwisp View Post
First time in the game, didn't even know that I had the ball. No instructions, just you suck, to which I responded badly I will admit, then booted.
You mean the brightly-glowing round thing over your head didn't give it away?

No, I was in the game, so I don't know where you are coming from with this?
She's implying that maybe you're not being 100% truthful or accurate in your review of the accounts.

People can be jerks yes. And despite what apocryphal stories suggest, it's really <5% of the population. So, as it stands, it's hard for any of us to take you seriously and show empathy because it clearly seems like you're leaving something out.
SWTOR PvP: now running on the Ellipsis engine.

Joesixxpack
04.19.2013 , 02:17 PM | #12
One of these things applies:

> Disconn
> AFK kick
> Troll attempt to slander the virtuous PVP community
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

OKandrew
04.19.2013 , 02:32 PM | #13
First time in the game, didn't even know that I had the ball. No instructions, just you suck, to which I responded badly I will admit, then booted.
You didn't notice you were highlighted all Blue and had a round cylindrical object hovering over your head?

Also, you got kicked for standing afk, or not knowing what to do. Ala, the kick was justified by social standards and the games standards.

Google is a tool. Use it.

You can find anything on the subject of PvP in swtor with all sorts of guides and tutorials that are there to help nubs like yourself to use BEFORE trying to jump into a PvP match without having the slightest clue of what to do.

Joesixxpack
04.19.2013 , 02:38 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by OKandrew View Post
You didn't notice you were highlighted all Blue and had a round cylindrical object hovering over your head?

Also, you got kicked for standing afk, or not knowing what to do. Ala, the kick was justified by social standards and the games standards.
Clarification: AFK kick is the only WZ kick.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hot'Sawce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | JadeFox Sorc | AngelEyes Merc | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
DEAD SERVER REFUGEE

Master_Nate
04.19.2013 , 02:40 PM | #15
The title of this thread is highly generalizing of a genre of this games sub base and I can't help but call it out because it's an ignorant assumption. This generalization is completely played out. Just an fyi, you'll run into a-holes no matter how you play your game at some time or another.

Your pretending like this only happens in PvP. You mean to say I can Q up for a FP/OP and not know any of the mechanics to it and expect my random teammates to be okay with that? Even if I say I'm new, if I stand in red and die and cause a wipe, they will rage at me and find someone else. If I don't interrupt the correct ability and it causes a wipe, I'll get raged at and booted.

What I am getting at is that because you weren't prepared, and it's not all your fault because this game doesn't prepare people very well for the activities they are engaging upon, you were ridiculed and put down. I assure you, this is NOT a PvP only issue...

P.S. If you screw up, don't worry about it. You are learning a new aspect of the game just don't get too hung up on what others say and you'll do just fine with experience and time committed.
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo/Yonder
Lobsters go PEENCH PEENCH
Prophecy of the Five

TheNahash
04.19.2013 , 02:41 PM | #16
I don't understand how this hasn't been asked already but...

Why did they keep passing to
a. someone who already admitted that it was his first warzone.
b. was obviously a healer
but most importantly
c. was a SORCERER.
?

were there no juggernauts? no assassins? No powertechs? Not even a marauder?
Like seriously... who keeps passing to a self-admitted new healer, who plays the worst class in terms of survivability?

Aries_cz
04.19.2013 , 02:43 PM | #17
As others have said, when you are in combat (the red blaster icon on your UI), it should not be possible to kick you from warzone (to my knowledge, never needed to kick anyone).

As for what to do, the game tells you. When you start any warzone, the voiceover recaps what are you goals (grab the ball, throw the ball, get the ball to the opposing team's line anyway you can, and your team gets a point).
First time you enter huttball zone, you are granted "Throw Huttball" ability, that allows you to use AoE-like ability that throws the ball in that area. If there is a friendly target, they will usually catch it. Congratz, you just passed the Huttball

Or, if I am not mistaken, the game codex or tutorial has an explanation of what to do somewhere
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd and Czech Alliance, Red Eclipse
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

SystemProcess
04.19.2013 , 02:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
As others have said, when you are in combat (the red blaster icon on your UI), it should not be possible to kick you from warzone (to my knowledge, never needed to kick anyone).

As for what to do, the game tells you. When you start any warzone, the voiceover recaps what are you goals (grab the ball, throw the ball, get the ball to the opposing team's line anyway you can, and your team gets a point).
First time you enter huttball zone, you are granted "Throw Huttball" ability, that allows you to use AoE-like ability that throws the ball in that area. If there is a friendly target, they will usually catch it. Congratz, you just passed the Huttball

Or, if I am not mistaken, the game codex or tutorial has an explanation of what to do somewhere

Oh my God. I know what they did wrong.

They kicked the ball.

>_<
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

BewBo
04.19.2013 , 02:45 PM | #19
Er yeah man you gotta pass the ball that is totally the point of HB.
It's one of the best WZs though, so keep with it, learn to pass (not all that easy when the enemy on yo back).
Practice makes perfect.

Ansalem
04.19.2013 , 02:48 PM | #20
sounds like the OP should try reading the instructions for the warzone while its loading up. Also giant glowing beam of light above your head is a huge clue. Please get situational awareness then come back.