Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP Attitude - No Wonder

Mistwisp
04.19.2013 , 01:26 PM | #1
So tonight I tried to play my first ever Huttball match. Playing on a sorceror, and apparently I kept getting passed the ball.
I was just focussing on healing people because I had been told that was what I was supposed to do.
Told the group before the match started that this was my first time at this PVP set up.
Booted mid match for sucking at ball carrying?
If this is normal for PVP'ers with newish players then no wonder no-one paysmuch attention to them.
When I asked why I was kicked after the match, the answer was "you suck".
Fair enough I suppose! First try, thought I was healing OK?
I wonder why more people don't PVP after the first day!
'Jo Blues

Hamatula
04.19.2013 , 01:27 PM | #2
maybe you should pass the ball?

Seireeni
04.19.2013 , 01:28 PM | #3
They're a lot of jerks in the pvp, but there are a lot of people who are not jerks at all. Don't give up after first bad experience. ^^

SystemProcess
04.19.2013 , 01:41 PM | #4
I'm confused. You can only VTK people if they're AFK or not in combat; as soon as they initiate combat, the VTK timer goes away.

So were you standing around doing nothing?
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Toat
04.19.2013 , 01:43 PM | #5
I feel as if the right thing happened.
qq

The Zimco Legacy
CE

teclado
04.19.2013 , 01:43 PM | #6
Yeah, there are a lot of jerks in pvp. Just minimize the chat window if you have to.

With that said, in huttball you do need to move the ball. As a healer in huttball, I typically try to heal the ball carrier (when we have the ball) and heal my allies that are attacking the ball carrier (when we do not have the ball). It's all focused on the ball. If you have the ball, focus on moving it toward the other side. Pass it forward when possible, pass it when you are going down, and pass it into the ground when you have the ball on your own side (makes it reset to the middle so that the other team cannot simply take you out and score easily).
Malovo, Malivar, Malivo, Malivó, Malovoa
Teclado, Teklado, Teclada, Téclado, Tecladö

~Harbinger~

Mistwisp
04.19.2013 , 02:01 PM | #7
First time in the game, didn't even know that I had the ball. No instructions, just you suck, to which I responded badly I will admit, then booted.
'Jo Blues

Mistwisp
04.19.2013 , 02:02 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemProcess View Post
I'm confused. You can only VTK people if they're AFK or not in combat; as soon as they initiate combat, the VTK timer goes away.

No, I was in the game, so I don't know where you are coming from with this?
'Jo Blues

SystemProcess
04.19.2013 , 02:05 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwisp View Post
First time in the game, didn't even know that I had the ball. No instructions, just you suck, to which I responded badly I will admit, then booted.
Quote: Originally Posted by SystemProcess View Post

My point still stands. If you were in the spawn zone for too long, the game auto-kicks you. If you were standing around doing nothing for the VTK timer to go off, then yeah...you get kicked.

EDIT:: Basically, as it stands, you cannot kick a player from a warzone unless they are TRULY AFK (by AFK I mean standing around not doing anything).
Alis'hir'altara - Chiss Operative
Naznys Dak-ma - Echani Assassin - Sphere of Mysteries
Darth Valmaxian Vercetti - Human Marauder - Sphere of Technology

The Vercetti Legacy

Seireeni
04.19.2013 , 02:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwisp View Post
No, I was in the game, so I don't know where you are coming from with this?
You can't kick a person who is engaged in a combat, so unless you were doing nothing for a long time, you can't be vote-kicked out of the wz.