Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mace Windu vs Sidious


Zukoprince's Avatar


Zukoprince
04.19.2013 , 09:03 AM | #1
Mace defeated sidious fair and square

enough said

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #2
If by fair and square, you mean getting a huge amp to even fight with Sidious...meaning using the darkside against him(Vapaad). Then yes Windu won fair and square, though he wasn't using just his own power.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Doctoglethorpe's Avatar


Doctoglethorpe
04.19.2013 , 11:04 AM | #3
I'm one of few people who actually agree with this. Vaapad was the only light saber technique that could really put a smack down on Sidious. Sidious no doubt had superior sorcery then Mace (or anyone), which against pretty much anyone else meant certain death, but in a close quarters fight, which is what they had, the use of Vaapad was able to hold him at bay and prevent him from putting to use that advantage. If you go by the book it really does appear that he actually looses the fight where as in the movie it looks more like he throws it intentionally. I go by the book because, well, the book is better then the movie in literally every possible way.

Mace is really underrated even amongst his fans imo. I don't think people fully comprehend just how unique a Jedi he was. While all the others were very stubborn boyscouts locked in static dogma, he actually walked on the edge of the dark side. He believed the Jedi should of been doing more then they were, and he was the one who was most suspect of the tide turning against them, how, and most importantly why. It was him to lead the investigation to find the truth, and it was him who had nearly reached it, undoing the entire deception and drove Sidious to hasten his game plan for the climax of the clone wars at great risk.

I love Sidious, he's probably my favorite character in the entire franchise. But I like the idea that if anybody could stand a chance against him, it would be Mace. And no it has nothing to do with Samuel Jackson. I mostly go by book/comic Mace.

My point of view is endlessly debated against though. Most people prefer Sidious to just be completely invincible and infallible up until ROTJ. Yawn.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2013 , 11:22 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
I'm one of few people who actually agree with this. Vaapad was the only light saber technique that could really put a smack down on Sidious. Sidious no doubt had superior sorcery then Mace (or anyone), which against pretty much anyone else meant certain death, but in a close quarters fight, which is what they had, the use of Vaapad was able to hold him at bay and prevent him from putting to use that advantage. If you go by the book it really does appear that he actually looses the fight where as in the movie it looks more like he throws it intentionally. I go by the book because, well, the book is better then the movie in literally every possible way.
Where in the movie fight, does it look like Sidious threw the fight?

Also a side note: Ian can really move lol.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BradTheImpaler's Avatar


BradTheImpaler
04.19.2013 , 04:39 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
If by fair and square, you mean getting a huge amp to even fight with Sidious...meaning using the darkside against him(Vapaad). Then yes Windu won fair and square, though he wasn't using just his own power.
Vaapad is not a dark side technique.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2013 , 05:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by BradTheImpaler View Post
Vaapad is not a dark side technique.
I never said it was a darkside technique, what I am saying is that it absorbs the opponent's power and channels it through the other much like a circuit would.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
04.19.2013 , 05:25 PM | #7
Mace Windu has to be one of my favorite Jedi and I wish the movies hadn't left it to be questioned about who won that fight.

The movies really do make it seem like Sidious threw the fight to further cement Anakin's fall to the dark side, especially at the end when he feigns like he is weak and then unleashes a powerful barrage of lightening at Mace. IMO, the book contradicts what we see in the movies, however I am all for Mace Windu winning that fight with his mastery of Vapaad.

So yes, Mace Windu won the fight.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
04.19.2013 , 05:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Mace Windu has to be one of my favorite Jedi and I wish the movies hadn't left it to be questioned about who won that fight.

The movies really do make it seem like Sidious threw the fight to further cement Anakin's fall to the dark side, especially at the end when he feigns like he is weak and then unleashes a powerful barrage of lightening at Mace. IMO, the book contradicts what we see in the movies, however I am all for Mace Windu winning that fight with his mastery of Vapaad.

So yes, Mace Windu won the fight.
He was like that in the book too, he feigned weakness and then blasted Mace with lighting.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Doctoglethorpe's Avatar


Doctoglethorpe
04.19.2013 , 06:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by VigDiath View Post
Mace Windu has to be one of my favorite Jedi and I wish the movies hadn't left it to be questioned about who won that fight.

The movies really do make it seem like Sidious threw the fight to further cement Anakin's fall to the dark side, especially at the end when he feigns like he is weak and then unleashes a powerful barrage of lightening at Mace. IMO, the book contradicts what we see in the movies, however I am all for Mace Windu winning that fight with his mastery of Vapaad.

So yes, Mace Windu won the fight.
Brofist. Usually I'm alone in this opinion.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
04.19.2013 , 10:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Doctoglethorpe View Post
Brofist. Usually I'm alone in this opinion.
Windu is just a random jedi master ,part of the embarrassingly bad jedi clique of this timeline + Vapaad , and Sidious is Sidious.There is a good reason you are usually alone in this opinion.