Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity sucks for Guardians/Juggernauts

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Alacrity sucks for Guardians/Juggernauts

Arlbo_Nabbins
04.19.2013 , 09:54 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
From what I can tell, most of the mods have alacrity on them.
You would be wrong about that on the republic side for certain. 1 piece of the Underworld and 1 piece of the Verpine sets have alacrity mods in them, same for the Arkanian and Black Market sets. The only other items where you will find alacrity is on implants where there is 1 implant with alacrity and 1 without.

So from the gear sets for JKs you get 1 piece with alacrity. That is not "most" by any definition.

Soluss
04.19.2013 , 02:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Sturdiness enhancements - endurance/shield/defense - craftable at your local artificer Perfect for juggernaut tanks, who now need no to little absorb.
Ive been gone quite some time so I must have missed something. Why do we no longer need absorb?
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

MillionsKNives
04.19.2013 , 02:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Soluss View Post
Ive been gone quite some time so I must have missed something. Why do we no longer need absorb?
You can find some good math for it in the tank section of the forums, but basically the way they changed the diminishing returns curve, absorb is much less attractive than defense for pretty much all tanks not shadow/assassin.

Soluss
04.19.2013 , 03:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
You can find some good math for it in the tank section of the forums, but basically the way they changed the diminishing returns curve, absorb is much less attractive than defense for pretty much all tanks not shadow/assassin.
Gotcha. I actually stacked defense way back when already. I always felt less squishy that way. Im not a min maxer by any means. Ive always just played around with gear myself rather then reading the long writeups that people have made and went with what felt best to me and my healers.
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

slowantics
04.19.2013 , 03:20 PM | #15
still dont really see the usefulness of combats zen. big woop 30% alacrity for 6 attacks. worst thing they can do to the spec. and then they put a dead stat on our gear
Signature: Coming Soon