Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What was the point of lvls 1-50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What was the point of lvls 1-50?

TyrKartelos
04.19.2013 , 04:39 AM | #1
As an Empire player I feel very distraught over the Makeb expansion. You see, I saved Balmorra, Taris, Hoth and a whole bunch of other planets....now we are losing the war? What a waste of time...

budziolus
04.19.2013 , 04:52 AM | #2
And how many Sith have you killed during your fighting for the Empire? I believe a lot;p And now you are suprised that we're losing war...

johnhughthom
04.19.2013 , 04:53 AM | #3
Exactly, while the Republic is fighting the Empire for 50 levels, the Empire is busy fighting itself.

AlexDougherty
04.19.2013 , 04:54 AM | #4
The point of levels 1-50 was the story, how could you be surprised that the empire looses?, it was a given even before they launched the game.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Alavastre
04.19.2013 , 04:55 AM | #5
In which case, what is the point to playing a video game at all?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Tatile
04.19.2013 , 04:55 AM | #6
I feel more like it's the Empire fighting the Sith. Half of them are short sighted idiots who can't see further than their arse on a special chair, leaving the rest of us to rot at home and on the front lines.

Yes, I am bitter over Intelligence and I'll everyone on the Dark Council know what I think.

BennyKrak
04.19.2013 , 04:56 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrKartelos View Post
As an Empire player I feel very distraught over the Makeb expansion. You see, I saved Balmorra, Taris, Hoth and a whole bunch of other planets....now we are losing the war? What a waste of time...
The game's storyline can't always be that the war is going 50-50 for both factions. Of course as they write the story for each expansion, one of the factions will be at an advantage either due to the Empire's in-fighting or perhaps in a later expansion due to the Republic's need to 'protect' those who can't protect themselves - leading to their forces being spread too thin.

I will not be surprised if the next expansion involves the Empire taking advantage of a weakness in Republic defense and we will see a turn in the tide of the war.
Krackers || Kozlovsky
The Krackers Legacy
Your Companion

ryniloym
04.19.2013 , 04:57 AM | #8
lolol you didn't save Taris. The Empire's whole purpose for being there is to ensure its' destruction....lolol

Also, Balmorra hates you.

LasherC
04.19.2013 , 05:07 AM | #9
Balmorra was lost after you " saved " it, Taris is a dump with no value, and the whole point of the Empire being on Hoth was to tie up Republic resources, which may or may not actually make a considerable difference.

Jedlosson
04.19.2013 , 05:12 AM | #10
Well, Empire might be losing the story-part of the game, but look at the bright side - for every PvP warzone the Republic wins, the Empire has 7 victories.

Not to mention that we cannot win when Republic has Gunslingers and Scoundrels... They can one shot any Sith Lord... Just look at what they did on Tatooine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...8HDzxkuk4#t=9s